SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Was hoping for a permanent deal but be good to have him in if he has the talent suggested 

Every link with Mowbray talking in it always rings true.  I used to feel sick reading padded-out bull poo quotes from Coyle and Kean. I hope he is the man to get us going again and that these young players gel.

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Gally was quick. You must have the wrong player. Not surprising as you don't watch them much.

He's also just signed a new long term contract with Southampton. You wouldn't know if there was a 'que' after him or not. You're confusing an uneducated guess with fact again.

1 in 4 is a decent return in a poor team managed by Coyle for most of the season.

Gally was quick? Maybe you’ve watched too much pedestrian esque football down at Ewood but I can assure you Liam Feeney is quick, Josh King is electric and the Berbatov analogy used as pace over distance. Neither category does Gally fall into I’m afraid, don’t get me wrong he’s not a Rhodes or slow but to suggest he is quick is probably akin to the fact we have an extremely slow side as opposed to him being “quick”.

Singing a new contact doesn’t necessarily mean he has a bright future at Southampton, it could plausibly just as well mean they are protecting an asset who could leave at less than market price in the near future on a free and to obtain “value” have moved to ensure they are in a better position of power when commanding a fee. Let's not get into a debate of making educated guesses as you appear to have just made one there yourself and with respect as you already know I probably have a far better education than the norm.

1/4 decent? It’s okay, certainly nothing to brag about, again you can’t help with those uneducated guesses, I’m pretty confident you will find the goal scoring ratio of the team was higher under Coyle than it was under Mowbray thus far.

Lastly I’ve noticed it recently creeping back in with you, Parson and Chaddy in particular having these thinly veiled digs at certain supporters. I personally don’t mind it along the lines of “Go to games” “You don’t watch much etc” however you’re the same collection of posters who got offended and angry at those boycotting who subsequently called yourselves out for doing nothing, so as opposed to being hypocritical consider that some people may just have better things to do.

As opposed to going to get rained on in a grubby empty stadium watching 22 men kick a ball as a grown man and as it stands instead of paying £20+ a ticket, I prefer the country club, I have a partner with a child and prefer trips to the zoo, theatre, farms and going away plenty at the weekends exploring new cities. I much prefer that to “Going to Games”, not that I feel in any way that I’ve got to justify my decisions to someone like yourself.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

So as opposed to being presumptuous again and with your educated guess retort, I think you’ve just done the same and no disrespect but as you already know I probably have a far better education than yourself.

Says the man who can't spell 'queue'.

2 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

As opposed to going to get rained on in a grubby empty stadium watching 22 men kick a ball as a grown man and as it stands instead of paying £20+ a ticket, I prefer the country club, I have a partner with a child and prefer trips to the zoo, theatre, farms and going away plenty at the weekends exploring new cities.

One of the most bizarre comments I've ever read on here, one which begs the question 'Why do you spend all your time on a football forum then'?

4 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Lastly I’ve noticed it recently creeping back in with you, Parson and Chaddy in particular having these thinly veiled digs at certain supporters. I personally don’t mind it along the lines of “Go to games” “You don’t watch etc” however you’re the same collection of posters who got offended and angry at those boycotting who subsequently called yourselves out for doing nothing, so as opposed to being hypocritical consider that some people may just have better things to do.

I'm not angry at people calling me out for 'doing nothing', I'm not sure anyone has. What I do is buy a season ticket and support the players who play in the shirt, and indirectly support the people who work at the club by using the services they provide. You, as far as I can tell, go to a few meetings, give it the big 'un on a MB, and spend your money at the 'country club'. Do the country club have a messageboard?

• Moderation Lead

I think this must be the first time a Country Club has been mentioned on this forum since I've been posting (the last seven years or so). Fair play.

Just now, K-Hod said:

I think this must be the first time a Country Club has been mentioned on this forum since I've been posting (the last seven years or so). Fair play.

I needed cheering up as I was a grumpy chops this morning, so give yourself a pat on the back. Either now or when you get to the Country Club, it makes no difference to me!

Haha! Try it great gyms I find, often classes with a PT if your into fitness etc.

17 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Says the man who can't spell 'queue'.

One of the most bizarre comments I've ever read on here, one which begs the question 'Why do you spend all your time on a football forum then'?

I'm not angry at people calling me out for 'doing nothing', I'm not sure anyone has. What I do is buy a season ticket and support the players who play in the shirt, and indirectly support the people who work at the club by using the services they provide. You, as far as I can tell, go to a few meetings, give it the big 'un on a MB, and spend your money at the 'country club'. Do the country club have a messageboard?

In true “Blueboy” fashion I notice you’ve failed to actually address any of the points made in relation to Sam Gallagher and now appear to be deliberately obtuse or attempting to take this in alternative direction.

I don’t spend all my time on a football forum, nor do I make posts like yourself at 5.30 Am in the morning, as it stands I’m at a train station awaiting to get home, apart from reading a paper I tend to look at this.

Behave, your £250 paid for less than a days wage for Conor Mahoney last year. Don’t acclaim you’re doing it for any indirect supporting of internal staff, simply put; you’re not. If you’re supporting your team then fine and if you somehow still enjoy it and want to spend your spare time at a weekend doing it then great, I hope you enjoy. Like others you probably have in life some people just prefer these days doing other things.

Give it the big un? I’m sorry? I’ve used an example of how I spend my time. I notice you’ve not picked up on the other examples. For the cost of three maybe four match tickets you can get a decent membership yourself a month.

Anyways Harry Chapman now set to be a loan move….. England u-20 international and his fellow player Cooke recently gone to Blackpool. I remember M’boro in the premier league churning out some decent youth.

I've heard many folk in my time telling me how they wouldn't 'watch 22 men kick a ball about' and what a waste of time all this angst is.

Though that said, they aren't usually one of the most prolific posters on a football messageboard with 'FC' in their username and experts on League 1 footballers..

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I've heard many folk in my time telling me how they wouldn't 'watch 22 men kick a ball about' and what a waste of time all this angst is.

Though that said, they aren't usually one of the most prolific posters on a football messageboard with 'FC' in their username and experts on League 1 footballers..

Lol obviously I still go sometimes but for me it's more these days of drinks before and after and spending time with the guys. Football itself isn't so much that important to me personally anymore, it's just like any other form of entertainment. You realise after spending time away there's allot more to do with your time. 

Still love a G&T watching football on TV from time to time too but like I say not addicted like once was.

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

Don't really know anything about this lad.

He's won promotion from League One in his last 2 seasons though, according to Sky.

That'll do.

Have a look at his performance for Sheff Utd against Leyton Orient On youtube. Stunning!! The stuff Feeney's dreams are made of. 

12 minutes ago, Tom said:

Season long loan isn't too bad I was expecting it to be just until January due to his contract expiring 

Chance of a permanent deal probably going to hinge on winning promotion this season. Much easier  to persuade him to stay in summer if we're back in the championship.

Sounds like a good signing on the face of it (never seen him play myself).

Does this mean Feeney is going? I hope not because even thought he is frutrating at times, Feeney can be a handful on his day.

Just now, OJRovers said:

Sounds like a good signing on the face of it (never seen him play myself).

Does this mean Feeney is going? I hope not because even thought he is frutrating at times, Feeney can be a handful on his day.

At least with Feeney in the team there is a reason for us to employ ballboys

Archived