BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Sounds like a good signing on the face of it (never seen him play myself).

Does this mean Feeney is going? I hope not because even thought he is frutrating at times, Feeney can be a handful on his day.

Wouldn't have thought so, we have only got Bennett, Feeney and Conway who can play as wingers, so with Chapman that's 4, what we need really, means two of them most games will be on the bench, giving us options if looking for a winner etc

1 minute ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but do we know that there's a view to a permanent deal at the end? Be a real coup if so. 

I hope something has been agreed they usually do and maybe that's swung it for him to come here, a guarantee of a contract if it works out. Think his Boro deal is up in summer.

Looks like a good signing, we will have to wait and see if he can produce in blue and white.  

Never seen him play but from the videos he has quick feet, like Junior Hoillett, and you can't teach that.

Probably more importantly he seems like a lucky charm and is going for a third promotion in a row, let's hope it happens.

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

As opposed to going to get rained on in a grubby empty stadium watching 22 men kick a ball as a grown man and as it stands instead of paying £20+ a ticket, I prefer the country club, I have a partner with a child and prefer trips to the zoo, theatre, farms and going away plenty at the weekends exploring new cities. I much prefer that to “Going to Games”, not that I feel in any way that I’ve got to justify my decisions to someone like yourself.

"Hi, Barry Homeowner here..."

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Gally was quick? Maybe you’ve watched too much pedestrian esque football down at Ewood but I can assure you Liam Feeney is quick, Josh King is electric and the Berbatov analogy used as pace over distance. Neither category does Gally fall into I’m afraid, don’t get me wrong he’s not a Rhodes or slow but to suggest he is quick is probably akin to the fact we have an extremely slow side as opposed to him being “quick”.

Singing a new contact doesn’t necessarily mean he has a bright future at Southampton, it could plausibly just as well mean they are protecting an asset who could leave at less than market price in the near future on a free and to obtain “value” have moved to ensure they are in a better position of power when commanding a fee. Let's not get into a debate of making educated guesses as you appear to have just made one there yourself and with respect as you already know I probably have a far better education than the norm.

1/4 decent? It’s okay, certainly nothing to brag about, again you can’t help with those uneducated guesses, I’m pretty confident you will find the goal scoring ratio of the team was higher under Coyle than it was under Mowbray thus far.

Lastly I’ve noticed it recently creeping back in with you, Parson and Chaddy in particular having these thinly veiled digs at certain supporters. I personally don’t mind it along the lines of “Go to games” “You don’t watch much etc” however you’re the same collection of posters who got offended and angry at those boycotting who subsequently called yourselves out for doing nothing, so as opposed to being hypocritical consider that some people may just have better things to do.

As opposed to going to get rained on in a grubby empty stadium watching 22 men kick a ball as a grown man and as it stands instead of paying £20+ a ticket, I prefer the country club, I have a partner with a child and prefer trips to the zoo, theatre, farms and going away plenty at the weekends exploring new cities. I much prefer that to “Going to Games”, not that I feel in any way that I’ve got to justify my decisions to someone like yourself.

Lets see how Gallagher does this season and judge him on 2 seasons worth of stats. I don't count the MK Dons cos of Family problems he had during his team there

Tbh, my digs as you called them are towards Jal who I have now blocked cos I'm bored of his constant questions when he could easily go to the games and he choose not to go. If he is that interest he would attend, The ticket prices are cheap enough these days compare to other clubs within the North West.

I can understand wanting to things with your partner and child as I do this also. But I still enjoyed going to the football and now take the family to some away games and they all enjoy it.

6 minutes ago, Bootlaces said:

Jason Lowe having medical at Sunderland - is there anymore of our rubbish they would like to collect?

Did they sign the wrong Jason first time around?

3 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Haha! Try it great gyms I find, often classes with a PT if your into fitness etc.

Every first Sunday in the month you get to chase pheasants with a piece of oak smoked willow and give the blighters a damned good thrashing 

11 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Every first Sunday in the month you get to chase pheasants with a piece of oak smoked willow and give the blighters a damned good thrashing 

Hmm no but I do know a great place to shoot in South Mcr if you fancy it.

Archived