BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

I wouldn't expect that Chapman is going to be available after the loan, he seems to be highly rated at Boro, involved in first team during preseason, not yet 20, involved, albeit only briefly, in U-20 World Cup win... you'd think they'd get him signed up on a new contract especially if he does well here.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

A striker and centre half in now and we will be looking good. 

We are apparently pushing hard for the Mviddi(can't spell his name) lad from Arsenal, but lots of clubs are interested  

Yes defo need a striker but also require a centre half who is prepared not to be 1st choice assuming we hold onto darragh and Mulgrew . Heard we are but so are preston. Wigan were in for him but they have signed the lad from Newcastle so it's probably between us and preston now.

1 hour ago, Bootlaces said:

Jason Lowe having medical at Sunderland - is there anymore of our rubbish they would like to collect?

Poor Sunderland and their supporters signing two dummies that are playing at least a level above their capabilities.

Grayson must be purely in it for the coin.

I'd love 2 more players a cb and striker. I'd prefer if both were tough as nails type players as quality wise I think we're missing a bit of steel and guts and scrapping.

Another winger is good though as Feeney Imo is pretty rubbish and it also gives us options as to where to play Bennett - wide mid, centerally or even full back. Options is key for this season Imo.

As for Sunderland - they've already signed another keeper ahead of Steele. Not sure why they signed him really but shows he is living up to form. And though I am puzzling what is going on at Sunderland Grayson is a good manager - 3 or 4 promotions plus getting Preston to where they were takes skill. He's no Muppet - although first impressions are he's wobbling at Sunderland I'll reserve judgement as his history has shown he's capable of getting results.

1 hour ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

I wouldn't expect that Chapman is going to be available after the loan, he seems to be highly rated at Boro, involved in first team during preseason, not yet 20, involved, albeit only briefly, in U-20 World Cup win... you'd think they'd get him signed up on a new contract especially if he does well here.

Yes, maybe they're slightly concerned about his fitness after he missed most of last season through injury.

Obviously, they will be hoping he gets plenty of game time with us.

Sunderland are a basket case, there has been a very poor culture there amongst the playing staff an various coaches for a number of years. drinking and gambling is supposedly rife and largely goes unchecked, they've also recruited some overpaid, underskilled dross over the years. Barry Glendenning of the Guardian often refers to the toxic off pitch atmosphere at Sunderland.

Chapman looks like he's one with a bit of potential.  Let's just hope he's not just another of those youngsters who don't realise their potential.

Mulgrew is the big worry for me.  I would be very surprised if he's still a Rover come this time next week.

26 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Chapman looks like he's one with a bit of potential.  Let's just hope he's not just another of those youngsters who don't realise their potential.

Mulgrew is the big worry for me.  I would be very surprised if he's still a Rover come this time next week.

Well I think he would have been made captain by now...... if he was staying.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Expect them to aswell(13th to 18th)..but their owner is looking to sell the club and they need to sell players first before looking to buy. 

Doing exactly like we did, downgrading an already poor side.

45 minutes ago, Mercer said:

That's Mulgrew staying! Good news.

3 hours ago, Blue blood said:

As for Sunderland - they've already signed another keeper ahead of Steele. Not sure why they signed him really but shows he is living up to form. And though I am puzzling what is going on at Sunderland Grayson is a good manager - 3 or 4 promotions plus getting Preston to where they were takes skill. He's no Muppet - although first impressions are he's wobbling at Sunderland I'll reserve judgement as his history has shown he's capable of getting results.

They had no first team keepers so needed 2 keepers to be.

Puzzling what going on at Sunderland?

You had a owner who was looking to sell the club so most of the summer no planning was happening. Grayson appointed far too late and now playing catch up. Transfer budget that needs players being sold 1st before Grayson can buy or  loan players. Bad times up there

5 hours ago, Ricky said:

Think Sunderland could struggle this season. 

Depends on how they start, win their first 2 or 3 games and their crowd will rally behind them and fill the ground, start badly and they could struggle in front of 20k empty seats. They are a strange club, who seem to have some sort of crisis every 18 months or so.

1 hour ago, Baz said:

Depends on how they start, win their first 2 or 3 games and their crowd will rally behind them and fill the ground, start badly and they could struggle in front of 20k empty seats. They are a strange club, who seem to have some sort of crisis every 18 months or so.

I wish we only had some sort of crisis every 18 months.

Archived