BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

2 hours ago, MGPensioner said:

On another note as I can't remember...

who decided to move Paul Warhurst up from defence to attack ?

who decided to move Chris Sutton from defence to attack ?

Just wondering if Mulgrew is the best striker we have or if Danny Graham can play centre half ? And who would spot that on the training ground ?

I think it was Trevor Francis for Warhurst and Mike Walker for Sutton.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MGPensioner said:

On another note as I can't remember...

who decided to move Paul Warhurst up from defence to attack ?

who decided to move Chris Sutton from defence to attack ?

Just wondering if Mulgrew is the best striker we have or if Danny Graham can play centre half ? And who would spot that on the training ground ?

Mulgrew in the middle and a decent centre half in or even Ward for now might give the team a more solid look. I'm sure CM could acquit himself in there as well as Whittingham or Smallwood in this league. Different at the home games maybe but that midfield looks far too lightweight for the sort of away games like Saturday which will be mostly similar certainly in the first half of the season.

Google Translate Job:

Nobbar several Swedish teams - for League One

Marcus Antonsson has been hunted by AIK, IFK Norrköping, Kalmar FF and Hammarby.

However, according to SportExpressen's tasks, he is now close to a move to League One - where Blackburn Rovers is closest to joining the striker.

After reaching the freezer box in Leeds, Marcus Antonsson has been rumored for a long time. He has been linked with both AIK, Norrköping, Hammarby and last Kalmar FF last yesterday. AIK also negotiated with the player and wanted to buy Antonsson from Leeds a month ago.

AIK wanted to buy a loss

But there the club could not match the financial requirements and a deal became too expensive for AIK to be willing to carry out the transition. However, a return to all Swedish was still close but now it will be League One and England for the 26-year-old.

Goes to League One

The striker takes down a division from The Championship where he leaves Leeds and instead goes to the English third division. There, a number of clubs have been interested and according to SportExpressen's tasks, Blackburn Rovers is now almost to tie up with the striker - although there are some other clubs in the same league in the picture. They have been discussing a loan but it may also be that the club buys the player. Blackburn are favorites to go to The Championship next season but lost to Southend with 2-1 on Saturday.

18 hours ago, J*B said:

I keep saying it, but Tony says you need 80 goals to win this league... who is going to score them?  

Lets be really generous and say Graham gets 20 league goals. Where are the other 60?

Where's Rhodes now?

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It never seems to happen these days . Jack Marshall transformed Andy McEvoy from a steady midfield player to a top class goalscorer and Fred Pickering from a very average left back to the second best centre forward I've ever seen in the blue and white. He also moved Mike England from midfield to centre half and Keith Newton from centre half to full back, both later became top internationals.

And Marshall's Misfits, as we were known, sat proudly at the top of Division 1 (now the PL) at Christmas 1963.  Jolly Jack was underrated by many.  A nice guy. 

How about a striker who does actually know where the net is or failing that one who can batter the opposition and hold the ball up a bit ?

Another inbetweener and no reason to think he'll improve on what's already here.......

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

1 goal in 16 for Leeds. Sounds like our man.

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Leeds fans love him, just didn't get a chance

Aye, can't really speak for his actual talents, but skepticism based on him only scoring 3 in 21 last year (across all competitions) needs to take into account he only had 10 starts. He was sitting behind Chris Wood, not the easiest starter to dislodge from the starting 11...

For what it's worth (and you're welcome to say very little :)), he scored 10 in 12 in the Swedish league the year before, and 12 in 28 the year before that, so he has hit the net on occasion in the past!

Doubt it comes across anyway, but could be an interesting one, particularly if Leeds fans are actually fond of him despite his poor goals record last year.

12 minutes ago, tomphil said:

How about a striker who does actually know where the net is or failing that one who can batter the opposition and hold the ball up a bit ?

Another inbetweener and no reason to think he'll improve on what's already here.......

12 minutes ago, RoverCanada said:

Aye, can't really speak for his actual talents, but skepticism based on him only scoring 3 in 21 last year (across all competitions) needs to take into account he only had 10 starts. He was sitting behind Chris Wood, not the easiest starter to dislodge from the starting 11...

For what it's worth (and you're welcome to say very little :)), he scored 10 in 12 in the Swedish league the year before, and 12 in 28 the year before that, so he has hit the net on occasion in the past!

Doubt it comes across anyway, but could be an interesting one, particularly if Leeds fans are actually fond of him despite his poor goals record last year.

Exactly. Leeds fans would hate him if he was absolute rubbish

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Mulgrew in the middle and a decent centre half in or even Ward for now might give the team a more solid look. I'm sure CM could acquit himself in there as well as Whittingham or Smallwood in this league. Different at the home games maybe but that midfield looks far too lightweight for the sort of away games like Saturday which will be mostly similar certainly in the first half of the season.

Mulgrew would be great sat in front of the back four 'Tugayesque'. We badly need a midfield 'enforcer' and a no nonsense commanding centre half to complement. A Danny Shitu type player at centre half would do.

5 minutes ago, Dackhead said:

Can I just say the overreaction and writing off of players on this board in the wake of the narrow defeat on opening day(ffs!) is nothing shy of sad..

As for the Leeds Swedish lad? Sounds interesting to me.

Ok Saxhead B)

Antonsson looked decent in the Swedish league, a loyal runner and a decent finisher. Not sure what happened last season, but it can't have been easy dislodging a free-scoring Chris Wood from a team that only utilized one striker. As long as he's up for the physical aspects of League 1 I believe he'd be a good signing that would adress some of our squad's weaknesses.  

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Sounds (yes I know) similar to Samuel in that he's supposedly got good movement, relatively quick, but not great in the air. We need a bruiser for my money who can give L1 defences a battle for 90 minutes.

Get him in and stick him up top with Graham in a 442. Feeney and Bennett on the wings for the little bit of pace we have. Don't see why we can't go 2 up top when most other teams will be doing just that this season, if other teams are playing flat 442's our 442 should be superior on paper. What do I know though, I'm just another footy manager bashing chadster ^_^

Archived