BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably a case of Leeds wanting to sell him this summer and be rid, and will only agree to loan him out late on in the window when they are sure a sale isn't viable and a season long loan is the next best thing. Hence he's an option but it will only happen at a time that suits Leeds rather than Rovers e.g. last couple of days of the window rather than immediately.

I called it weeks ago that there will be no more cash buys and it will be loans only from here on. Hope I'm wrong with that prediction but don't think I will be. 

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Probably a case of Leeds wanting to sell him this summer and be rid, and will only agree to loan him out late on in the window when they are sure a sale isn't viable and a season long loan is the next best thing. Hence he's an option but it will only happen at a time that suits Leeds rather than Rovers e.g. last couple of days of the window rather than immediately.

I called it weeks ago that there will be no more cash buys and it will be loans only from here on. Hope I'm wrong with that prediction but don't think I will be. 

They'll be at the point of rooting about to see who's available from any club who'll send them as cheap as possible now i think just be fill out the squad. 

23 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Mowbray's been saying that himself for a few weeks now, but regardless, I will congratulate you if your prediction proves accurate.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, JHRover said:

To be pedantic you were wrong.

We signed Jayson Goalkeeperman last week for a nominal fee.

Just now, Tom said:

You mean Jayson Lowetieler? Plays GK/CM/RB? Wears black framed glasses, has a moustache? 

Sounds okay you don't spend 2 million on someone without them having something. Please don't bring him in as purchase just a loan though. That goes for the rest of this window, Think Mowbray needs to start proving things and recruitment before cash.

10 hours ago, Tom said:

Nominal fee is very small akin to peppercorn fees in legal terms to allow anyone to make a transaction legal between parties. Less than 50k football terms.

Remember Thommo Bolton to Pompey was nominal it was a £1.00.

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

@#/? Chris Wilder, he's fast becoming the most irritating man in football.

I like him you'd be hard pushed to find someone as gritty, honest and hard working. His work at Halifax from my friends was almost hero like whilst he kept the team and fans going at Northampton after the fraud what happened between Grossman and Cardosa.

8 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

I like him you'd be hard pushed to find someone as gritty, honest and hard working. His work at Halifax from my friends was almost hero like whilst he kept the team and fans going at Northampton after the fraud what happened between Grossman and Cardosa.

A line has been crossed when he starts confirming bids are on the table for specific players under contract at other clubs. Its a dirty trick that a lot of managers don't engage in.

Besides, if Lenihan is injured at present surely Wilder would need to know the details of that before trying to sign him?

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

A line has been crossed when he starts confirming bids are on the table for specific players under contract at other clubs. Its a dirty trick that a lot of managers don't engage in.

Besides, if Lenihan is injured at present surely Wilder would need to know the details of that before trying to sign him?

Maybe he's hurrying rovers up and getting inpatient. Appreciate its not exactly respectful but he's obviously getting told from someone Lenihan wants to join him otherwise he wouldn't make 3 bids. Also highlights how quiet rovers have been to confirm this latest bid. I guess we've got 1.5 plus 500 k add on and the illegal shadow director is running to India to advise them to sell.

thought Tony decided n players supposedly leaving? Tales 2 mins to turn it down. 

1 minute ago, Dunnfc said:

Maybe he's hurrying rovers up and getting inpatient. Appreciate its not exactly respectful but he's obviously getting told from someone Lenihan wants to join him otherwise he wouldn't make 3 bids. Also highlights how quiet rovers have been to confirm this latest bid. I guess we've got 1.5 plus 500 k add on and the illegal shadow director is running to India to advise them to sell.

Mowbray denied there'd been a 3rd bid. The bid still on the table is the one rejected. Wilder is just trying to unsettle him.

11 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Mowbray denied there'd been a 3rd bid. The bid still on the table is the one rejected. Wilder is just trying to unsettle him.

Very likely if that's the case. Hoping Lenihan kicks off and demands a transfer in return sheff Utd paying a lesser fee.

1 minute ago, Dunnfc said:

Very likely if that's the case. Hoping Lenihan kicks off and demands a transfer in return sheff Utd paying a lesser fee.

Why are you hoping that;

a, one of our best youngsters leaves

b, we get less money for him? Apologies if I've misread but 

??

25 minutes ago, Biz said:

Why are you hoping that;

a, one of our best youngsters leaves

b, we get less money for him? Apologies if I've misread but 

??

Come on your daft but not that daft. ;) Pretty clear I'm viewing it as Wilders way of thinking. 

Hope we fleece them but very unlikely. Il disagree on the other point about him being good.

A current employee at Rovers told me that: "Lenihan needs to stop sulking and put his head down". A nice thought if thats the line at Brockhall, but realistically if thats how he is acting, he will go. 

15 minutes ago, J*B said:

A current employee at Rovers told me that: "Lenihan needs to stop sulking and put his head down". A nice thought if thats the line at Brockhall, but realistically if thats how he is acting, he will go. 

That was the inference I drew from TM's comments about talking to Lenihan about responsibility and that he was part of the team that got relegated, so should help put it right etc

14 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

That was the inference I drew from TM's comments about talking to Lenihan about responsibility and that he was part of the team that got relegated, so should help put it right etc

Another that thinks he's better than he really is, sick and tired of these kind of players,  he (Lenihan) needs to take notice of the older pro's who really do want to get us back up because of last season, looks like he has no care for last season,  he played a lot of games, probably agent in his ear but hells bells get a grip  young man.

Archived