Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dont see Lenihan going. 

Maybe looking at Striker but cant find what he after at the minute

That will be because we have no money to spend. 30 goals a season men ain't usually free.

11 hours ago, Mike E said:

'Not ruled out new centre half', well we need one!

That being said, it seems we played a little better with Williams central and Doyle wide left, so at least we have cover.

Need a hard nut back there!

Yer, we really could do with a uncompromising centre back. Should be high on TM's priority list.

10 hours ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

https://audioboom.com/posts/6185852-manager-tony-mowbray-is-pleased-his-rovers-are-back-on-the-right-track

Quite a long (almost 9 mins) and comprehensive interview

Covers most of what Chaddy mentioned

Midfielder is a centre mid not a winger by sounds of it

Working hard on a central defender, don't need to risk Lenihan at the moment.

I wouldn't look for a centre mid myself, as many have said Mulgrew might be better there, but also surely Tomlinson is ready to be 4th choice by now.  I hope it isn't Gary Roberts, never seen him but a 33 yr old released by Portsmouth?

Yeah hope it's not Roberts myself,just a coincidence leaving Portsmouth suddenly 

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

£18 Million for Gray and he's in the last year of his contract. The Dingles certainly saw Watford coming!

The amount of money they have brought in on transfers and TV money over the past few seasons means they will be set for a very ,very long time financially.  

36 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The amount of money they have brought in on transfers and TV money over the past few seasons means they will be set for a very ,very long time financially.  

Venkys should have played the long game, rather than cash in and downgrade. With the infrastructure we used to have and our ability to unearth talent or convert lost causes into stars - can you imagine how much they'd be worth? Same goes for the Walker trust, if they weren't so hasty.

In the modern madness:

Santa Cruz off the back of his good season - £70m plus?

Samba - £35m?

Jones - £50m?

N Zonzi - £35m?

We're are the ones suffering but it serves the greedy gits right.

45 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

True but the natives are becoming restless. They got £25m for Keane and if they get £18m for Gray that's around £43m in and the arse end of nothing spent on the likes of Walter's and Bardsley. The did invest in Cork but I thought he was overpriced. The people I know who live in the land that time forget are expecting relegation.

55 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not if they keep spending £10 million a time on the Jack Corks of this world....

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

True but the natives are becoming restless. They got £25m for Keane and if they get £18m for Gray that's around £43m in and the arse end of nothing spent on the likes of Walter's and Bardsley. The did invest in Cork but I thought he was overpriced. The people I know who live in the land that time forget are expecting relegation.

Inevitable that the inbred natives would begin to get uneasy at the club policy to sell players for huge profits and not reinvest the cash. A complete lack of imagination with the players they have brought in with a couple of Stoke rejects and bringing Cork back in. Next news is they'll be getting on Dyche's back when he continues to employ his negative tactics to grind out results.

20 minutes ago, arbitro said:

They should appreciate what they have. I don't think they will go down. Too many good Irish players there ;) 

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Not if they keep spending £10 million a time on the Jack Corks of this world....

Thats about the going rate for an average Prem midfielder

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Inevitable that the inbred natives would begin to get uneasy at the club policy to sell players for huge profits and not reinvest the cash. A complete lack of imagination with the players they have brought in with a couple of Stoke rejects and bringing Cork back in. Next news is they'll be getting on Dyche's back when he continues to employ his negative tactics to grind out results.

For 2 million, Walters was a bargain. Solid Prem player with 2 more years left in him. Can play upfront or on the wing too

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If there is one thing the Dingles don't really have much right to do is get on Dyche's back (maybe physically) even if his negative football relegates them.

He's given them everything they used to be jealous of us for.

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

£18 Million for Gray and he's in the last year of his contract. The Dingles certainly saw Watford coming!

Will be 18 million with add - ons I shd imagine they won't have that much flashcash to spunk, I heard there signed somebody else the other day for 11million can't remember who. Does Elton John still have any involvement within the club does anyone know?

Paying for their state of the art training ground out of this lot probably and as much as the dingles are in la la land  I know more than a few reckon uncles Barry and Ray & co are doing very nicely out of the Prem tv cash.

There'll be a version of rinse and repeat going on there as well.

1 hour ago, donnermeat said:

18.5 million for Andre Gray is crackers, he couldn't trap a medicine ball in the desert.

All my Burnley supporting mates don't rate him at all, doesn't change the fact they are selling last seasons top scorer 3 days before the season starts. They give it the big'en about the fact they are a prem club run by local businessmen but them local businessmen are clearly giving themselves absolutely huge pay cheques out of that sky tv money pot. Think we'll be playing them next season! 

Archived