BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Butty said:

All my Burnley supporting mates don't rate him at all, doesn't change the fact they are selling last seasons top scorer 3 days before the season starts. They give it the big'en about the fact they are a prem club run by local businessmen but them local businessmen are clearly giving themselves absolutely huge pay cheques out of that sky tv money pot. Think we'll be playing them next season! 

I'd be very  worried if I was a burnley fan. Selling Keane and grey is huge mistake with no replacements. 

Unless they act fast it could be a long season. 

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

If I was a Burnley fan,just like Rovers,I would be asking....where the hell is all the money going!!!

In fairness they've got more reason we're not milking the t*tties of the PL cashcow machine.

31 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

"For a taig!" Are you the master race?

Catholics are not a race. 

Back on Henderson... Good ball player, bit small in stature and hasn't kicked on when McGregor did. Now on the sidelines, another who's partial to a shandy. Good at carrying the ball forwards, not really a passer or no way a tackler. He will most likely end up at Hibs. 

13 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Catholics are not a race. 

Back on Henderson... Good ball player, bit small in stature and hasn't kicked on when McGregor did. Now on the sidelines, another who's partial to a shandy. Good at carrying the ball forwards, not really a passer or no way a tackler. He will most likely end up at Hibs. 

Sounds like another CAM which for once in our 7 years we don't need.

2 hours ago, Irishrover213 said:

I'd be very  worried if I was a burnley fan. Selling Keane and grey is huge mistake with no replacements. 

Unless they act fast it could be a long season. 

They'd rather risk the drop and collect the lovely 'chute money than commit to really big wages or really big fees hence them hoovering up people from Stoke etc who'd probably be dropping a division at this stage of their careers for big wages at a big Championship club or something'

Aim is obviously to try and grind another season in the Prem but not be in too bad a shape if they drop. Method in their madness of course but becoming a proper yo yo club then failing to get really established in the Prem like West Brom for example will probably catch up with them sooner or later.  Their bubble will burst and within a few seasons league 1 will beckon again although I doubt they'll end up in a Rovers or Bolton style financial mess.

Leeds fans really seem too rate that Antonsson kid from what I've seen on twitter, a lot unhappy he wasn't even in the squad for their league cup game tonight. Must be on the move, hopefully too us. 

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Tbf I wouldn't say a direct AM but defiantly more attacking than defensive. Great at free kicks 

I was at this game. Henderson s an excellent player. Can't see him coming here. 

I don't think we need sectarianism on this site. Surprised the mods haven't removed the offensive term.

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

Inevitable that the inbred natives would begin to get uneasy at the club policy to sell players for huge profits and not reinvest the cash. A complete lack of imagination with the players they have brought in with a couple of Stoke rejects and bringing Cork back in. Next news is they'll be getting on Dyche's back when he continues to employ his negative tactics to grind out results.

Highly unlikely, my friend...it's the Board who'll get any flack, of which I've seen little so far..mixed reaction to Gray's departure, but at that money ?? One amusing thing that's emerged is that Dyche refused to let his Andre's g/f sit in the Director's box & required her to sit with the other partners..apparently she's part of a popular beat combo called " Littlemix " ...no suggestion that this has anything to do with the move, but it did lead to this post from one wag on our Forum...

'Leigh-ann I've got some good news. You know how that Dyche geezer made you sit wiv ordinary people? Well I've left.
'That's great babes. Where are we now then?'
'At a proper club in the sarf where you can mix with important people like you.'
'Oh babes sounds wonderful. Chelsea? Tottenham? Arsenal?'
'Watford babes.....Babes?.....Babes?.....'   :D

13 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

I didn't find it offensive, then again people interpret things differently, you have to be careful these days even said in jest.

I'm not big into political correctness, but there is no need to use that term on a football message board about a player we may be signing. It's clearly a highly insulting term for a northern Irish Catholic. Times have moved on and that crap needs to stay in the past. Difficult times ahead up there with Brexit coming up and with both sides worried about where they will fit in after that. People who aren't from up there don't understand how bad things were, so comments like that happen. I would advise reading up on it if you don't think that is a highly inflammatory term. 

Anyway, Celtic or Rangers I don't care where we get players from as long as they do a job :)

2 minutes ago, GreenRover said:

Any positive transfer news so? Just flicked through ere but not sure who we are after. Can anyone feel me in? 

Are you going to buy me dinner first? :lol:

Ah no, nothing really new today other than we are after a midfielder and possibly a centre half. Seems like we are going about our business quietly behind the scenes 

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Are you going to buy me dinner first? :lol:

Ah no, nothing really new today other than we are after a midfielder and possibly a centre half. Seems like we are going about our business quietly behind the scenes 

Oh Jesus we are moving very fast?????

I see the midfielder is from Celtic. Any news for the centre half???

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

They'd rather risk the drop and collect the lovely 'chute money than commit to really big wages or really big fees hence them hoovering up people from Stoke etc who'd probably be dropping a division at this stage of their careers for big wages at a big Championship club or something'

Aim is obviously to try and grind another season in the Prem but not be in too bad a shape if they drop. Method in their madness of course but becoming a proper yo yo club then failing to get really established in the Prem like West Brom for example will probably catch up with them sooner or later.  Their bubble will burst and within a few seasons league 1 will beckon again although I doubt they'll end up in a Rovers or Bolton style financial mess.

Yeah your right probably hoping to yo -yo between the divisions. When they come back down they are OK to deal with it. They give off the vibe there's money there to spend and it's no problem. Wouldn't surprise me if their board had given themselves a nice few pay days as a result. Some of them actually thought they'd get 30 million for grey 

28 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Highly unlikely, my friend...it's the Board who'll get any flack, of which I've seen little so far..mixed reaction to Gray's departure, but at that money ?? One amusing thing that's emerged is that Dyche refused to let his Andre's g/f sit in the Director's box & required her to sit with the other partners..apparently she's part of a popular beat combo called " Littlemix " ...no suggestion that this has anything to do with the move, but it did lead to this post from one wag on our Forum...

'Leigh-ann I've got some good news. You know how that Dyche geezer made you sit wiv ordinary people? Well I've left.
'That's great babes. Where are we now then?'
'At a proper club in the sarf where you can mix with important people like you.'
'Oh babes sounds wonderful. Chelsea? Tottenham? Arsenal?'
'Watford babes.....Babes?.....Babes?.....'   :D

Fair play to dyche I'd say he takes no sh1t.?????

11 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

No I'm not, but I'm very thick skinned & whatever my nationality is as various derogatory terms & if I was called them I seriously wouldn't be bothered. The day I let people get under my skin is the day to call it a day for me. I'm a pretty chilled out positive person.

Tomorrow, go up to someone and insult their nationality, race or whatever. Then keep doing it until they are just about to punch you. Then just tell them you're a positive person and that they should just chill out. I'm sure they'll be fine with it:wacko:

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Tomorrow, go up to someone and insult their nationality, race or whatever. Then keep doing it until they are just about to punch you. Then just tell them you're a positive person and that they should just chill out. I'm sure they'll be fine with it:wacko:

I'm too long in the tooth for that kind of caper, I'm far too sensible to get into trouble but thanks for the advice.

18 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Anyway, Celtic or Rangers I don't care where we get players from as long as they do a job :)

A long while ago, Rovers were linked with Lee Bowyer after the racist attack in Leeds and my eldest, who was about 15 at the time, was saying he would be a useful acquistion.

His horrified( Irish) mother challenged him, saying he surely wouldn't want a racist thug representing Rovers.

He looked me straight in the face and said,

" Yes, and before you start, Dad, you wouldn't care if we signed Adolf Hitler, as long as he scored goals regularly!"

Hmmm

Archived