SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/08/2017 at 16:36, den said:

Where's Rhodes now?

I saw him "playing" for Sheffield Wednesday last Saturday at Deepdale. To say he was anonymous is an understatement, I genuinely did not know he was in the pitch until his name was announced when he was subbed. 

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

I saw him "playing" for Sheffield Wednesday last Saturday at Deepdale. To say he was anonymous is an understatement, I genuinely did not know he was in the pitch until his name was announced when he was subbed. 

Let's get him back on loan..  Naahh. That never works out. He isn't hungry enough anymore, and besides, he is unproven 'at this level' ;)

9 minutes ago, Paul said:

I feel sorry for Rhodes, a genuine lad, good honest professional ruined by going to Boro and sitting on the bench for 12 months.

He's way out of our league now but give me Rhodes over Graham any day of the week.

Just now, Gav said:

I feel sorry for Rhodes, a genuine lad, good honest professional ruined by going to Boro and sitting on the bench for a couple of seasons. 

He's way out of our league now but give me Rhodes over Graham any day of the week.

Yes, I very much agree with the first paragraph though I do feel he and his advisors are partly to blame. At the time he wasn't going to make it in the PL. 

Personally I never thought him good enough as he doesn't make a contribution other than goal scoring. I fully appreciate the value of that but in the modern game more is required of a top striker. I also know plenty disagree with me. 

1 minute ago, Gav said:

I feel sorry for Rhodes, a genuine lad, good honest professional ruined by going to Boro and sitting on the bench for 12 months.

Yes, my heart bleeds for the fella...

Another 'success' produced by his time grafting for Rovers, whose career has nosedived once he has left. It is amazing how many players have failed to kick on after leaving here for bright lights and big money. There must be something in the water or something.

7 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Let's get him back on loan..  Naahh. That never works out. He isn't hungry enough anymore, and besides, he is unproven 'at this level' ;)

40 goals in a season last time he played 'at this level'.

Has any player who left Rovers succeeded? Santa Cruz, Bentley, Samba, Jones, Duff, Shearer, Sutton, Hanley, Gestede, Rhodes etc has all failed since leaving the club Shearer a bit harsh but he had a better career at Rovers.. all Big money moves...

Just now, neophox said:

Has any player who left Rovers succeeded? Santa Cruz, Bentley, Samba, Jones, Duff, Shearer, Sutton, Hanley, Gestede, Rhodes etc has all failed since leaving the club Shearer a bit harsh but he had a better career at Rovers.. all Big money moves...

Kalanic and N'Zonzi for sure. Modeste is banging in goals these days too.

26 minutes ago, neophox said:

I would take Duff off that list as well 

Why are we after a midfielder?  Surely a striker and CB more important?

Midfield incorporating all 3 of Smallwood/Evans/Whittingham should control a lot of games at this level.  

Then there is Tomlinson to throw in there as well.

From what I've read about Travis's debut, surely worth a start at LB?  Williams is a bench player.

Another midfielder ?

Can see this being a cheap young loan from somewhere just to fill out the squad, hope not as that's pretty pointless.

Defender & Striker and in the case of the defender one who can slot straight in.

1 hour ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Like I say, unproven ;):)

Not that he'd ever return on a loan to get his confidence back up and his scoring boots back on...

Rhodes has made a hell of a chunk of money in recent years moving about on top of his over inflated wages plus he's got to the Prem but not had much chance. Realisation now that he's peaked and will be no more than a bit part player at a decent championship outfit, after all those years as king of the hill at Rovers & Hudds I think his motivation will have gone.

Never be the same player now imo, shame.  Even Steadiniho scored in the Prem :o

18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Another midfielder ?

Can see this being a cheap young loan from somewhere just to fill out the squad, hope not as that's pretty pointless.

Defender & Striker and in the case of the defender one who can slot straight in.

Yeah it would be pretty pointless, unless this midfielder adds something different and is better than what we have I really don't see the point in bringing in another midfielder when we are short at centre half and up front.Mowbray must not see Tomlinson as a viable option to fill in this season which is a shame. Hope he gets a loan move if that is the case,we don't want another Mahoney situation on our hands

Archived