BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

Season long loan is good and bad. It shows he is still valued by Leeds (or at least edging their bets) but when the chips are down these are the ones whose heads go down first. With no monetary value to us in terms of resale, his value is only realised if we are promoted.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Season long loan is good and bad. It shows he is still valued by Leeds (or at least edging their bets) but when the chips are down these are the ones whose heads go down first. With no monetary value to us in terms of resale, his value is only realised if we are promoted.

Could be a Gestede type deal? Check if he can hack it at this level and if he starts banging them in, snap him up on a permanent for a lesser fee than what we would have to pay now?

9 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Could argue the other way too. When the chips are down those players already on decent length/monetary contracts are the ones whose heads go down first whilst the lads who have no contract on loan are still trying to show their worth. Sam Gallagher ?

edit:sp

13 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Alan Mahon and Eyal Berkovic would disagree.

12 minutes ago, den said:

So you don't know what the majority of fans think then?

you see what's happening here? Someone simply posts his goal scoring record, then very quickly a few posters say they shouldn't quote wikipaedia stats and ask if that poster has ever seen him play  - then follow by quoting their own wiki stats that show what a good player he is, even though they've never seen him play themselves.

oh, and in response to the person suggesting that most of the fans want him in the first team, Leeds's manager obviously doesn't. 

Is he any good? Doubt anyone on here knows.

Looking at the fact he cost Leeds quite a lot of money then didn't really produce the goals and now he's coming to league 1 it's fair enough to say he flopped somewhat I think. At Championship level anyway and we know strikers are judged by goals but hopefully he'll get it together here if given a chance and it does sound like he's a half decent player so maybe good foil for Graham.

Could turn out to be the new Jordan Rhodes .... ;)

Just now, ruggles1995 said:

off topic, but dont want to start a whole new topic just for this 1 question. Do rovers have an official snapchat to follow? I currently follow onerovers, but its not the best. Or is that it?

I didn't even know the club had "onerovers" mate. I'm 99% sure the club don't have an official snapchat but I'll try and find out for sure.

Just now, ruggles1995 said:

off topic, but dont want to start a whole new topic just for this 1 question. Do rovers have an official snapchat to follow? I currently follow onerovers, but its not the best. Or is that it?

I dont trust social media - they lead to world wars.

7 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Alan Mahon and Eyal Berkovic would disagree.

We had a very good manager previously - and were being well backed.

Plus the chips were very much up at that time.

3 minutes ago, Butty said:

I didn't even know the club had "onerovers" mate. I'm 99% sure the club don't have an official snapchat but I'll try and find out for sure.

pretty sure the 'onerovers' is run by fans and its non official. I follow the southampton one and its quite good, you see snips of training etc. Would be good if rovers did one. I suppose dropping down to league 1 and making a few pay cuts this wont kick off. I have just directly messaged rovers on twitter and they replied saying they dont do snapchat.

When it come to strikers and the question of will he or won't he make it, I often think back to the days of Simon Garner. If he hadn't have turned the move down, Rovers would have sold him, before he was established. A deal had been agreed and Simon decided to stay and fight for his place. Thank goodness he did.

Nice too have a swede back in the ranks anyway, rapidly trying to find an Abba song that fits... Antonsson, dingles defeated you scored the goal, Antonsson promise too love you forever more... That's the best I could do and I apologise immediately :lol::lol: 

Just now, Butty said:

Nice too have a swede back in the ranks anyway, rapidly trying to find an Abba song that fits... Antonsson, dingles defeated you scored the goal, Antonsson promise too love you forever more... That's the best I could do and I apologise immediately :lol::lol: 

I think we have had 7 swedes on Ewood before Antonsson arrived?

2 minutes ago, Butty said:

Antonsson, 3,2,1 Goal.

Just now, Swanson said:

I think we have had 7 swedes on Ewood before Antonsson arrived?

Yeah, I was saying nice too have a swede back in the ranks. Not had one since the Olsson twins. Think there was a few more in past times as well, a couple of Andersson's. Patrick and one other who's first name has escaped me. 

Just now, Swanson said:

The twins, Nils-Eric Johansson, Anders and Patrik Andersson, Martin Dahlin and Niklas Gudmundsson. I think

How did I forget Nils-Eric. Actually looked like he could be a half decent defender when he first came but it never turned out that way.

• Backroom
45 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Being extremely optimistic here but if we are challenging at the right end rather than struggling at the wrong end those on loans may do extra to impress to earn a deal if we go up.

Archived