BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, neophox said:

We have to wait a bit for the other one unfortunately...

think it could be a defender in..

can also say that Antonsson rejected moves to Swedish Champions Malmö FF and AIK. He really wants to show he is good enough in England.

Wait for the loan midfielder?

53 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

To be honest if he'd been scoring freely for Leeds he wouldn't have been available to us anyway. Leeds fans all seem to rate him which suggests he's got something about him. 

I asked my mate tonight a STH at Leeds about him he just said he only played a dozen games or so but was ok (pretty decent to be fair) he wasn't hitting the back of the net as often as they would have liked, could be a new start for him here a new lease of life.

9 hours ago, martonrover said:

Any idea what the sticking point is (given he was expected to sign today)?

I think its not an priority atm. Happy with Antonsson coming in. Central defender more likely. A long way to go until window closes...

Goalie:

Raya, Leutwiler

Rightback: Nyambe, Caddis,

Left back: Williams, Doyle

Centre back: Mulgrew, Wharton

Centre back: Lenihan, Ward

Right midfeld/winger: Bennett, Feeney

Central midfeld: Evans, Smallwood, Whittingham, Dack (attacking mid), Tomlinson

Left midfeld: Conway, Gladwin

Strikers: Graham, Samuel, Antonsson, Chapman

So i suggest we need one more defender as cover and IF someone leaves we may need an replacement.

This bloke may or may not be a good player but in general I think loans are a total waste of everybody's time and our money. If he can't get near a game for Leeds yet he's under a decent contract why are we doing them a favour by letting him sit on our bench instead of theirs.

1 minute ago, McClarky said:

This bloke may or may not be a good player but in general I think loans are a total waste of everybody's time and our money. If he can't get near a game for Leeds yet he's under a decent contract why are we doing them a favour by letting him sit on our bench instead of theirs.

....because he has long term potential and Leeds don't want to let him go and realise he'd learn more by getting more first team football at a lower level? 

16 minutes ago, McClarky said:

Has it been said that there isn't an agreement in place to make it permanent at the end of the season if he does well?

I'm not a fan of the loan market unless such a deal is in place .

1 hour ago, neophox said:

I think its not an priority atm. Happy with Antonsson coming in. Central defender more likely. A long way to go until window closes...

I fully agree and think we were all surprised when the news broke.

However, from listening to Mowbray it sounded like the deal had practically been done, so I find it hard to believe it wouldn't go ahead just because a striker deal had also been agreed.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

....because he has long term potential and Leeds don't want to let him go and realise he'd learn more by getting more first team football at a lower level? 

Exactly it's free development for them & gets him off the wage bill it's very telling it's just a loan.

2 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

Exactly it's free development for them & gets him off the wage bill it's very telling it's just a loan.

Bit like when we loaned out Orr, Goodwilly, best and tried to pimp out all the other rubbish we over paid for and paid stupid wages on because we couldn't sell them as no body else is that stupid to pay the full wages to get them off the books! 

Not saying this is the case and I hope he becomes a legend by getting us back to championship! Every loan is a gamble when your skint!

3 minutes ago, fenwindows said:

Bit like when we loaned out Orr, Goodwilly, best and tried to pimp out all the other rubbish we over paid for and paid stupid wages on because we couldn't sell them as no body else is that stupid to pay the full wages to get them off the books! 

Not saying this is the case and I hope he becomes a legend by getting us back to championship! Every loan is a gamble when your skint!

True. Nothing is guaranteed by any means I've got a feeling he will be good don't ask me why but I do. He will get a fair crack of the whip as will everyone else from now on until there's a reason for me to judge things differently.

11 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

From what I read Leeds wanted to sell him back to a club in Sweden but the player wanted to stay in England.No buyers so they loaned him out,hopefully if he does well we can buy him like we did with Rudy

Archived