BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It used to be said that you couldn't be a centre half unless you'd had your nose broken a few times. I see Chiellini and that is how one should look.

A few years ago I was outside Ewood before a match and I came across Frank Barlow who I knew well from his time as assistant manager to the likes of Steve Bruce and Trevor Francis. He was actually scouting for Bruce and looking at a centre half. Now Frank was real old school and told me that on the previous Saturday he had gone to scout a centre half but when the team's came out the player had blonde streaks in his hair and pink boots. He watched for twenty minutes and left with his report recommending not to pursue this player.

And the punch line is...?

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Same people on here always with unnecessary pathetic comments and digs. Bored of the same people with the same sort comments. 

Its no wonder my ignore list is now over 20 people now. 

As with all bullies though, when you stand up to them, they disappear and hide. It's obvious that there is a feral little gang of them who comment on your posts. Would they say things in real life? Doubtful. Typical bullies. 

Let's be right the first thing any team should do after relegation is look at it's defence and keeper and analyse how it can improve from there. Especially one who lost the types of defenders we did last season and just didn't replace them which obviously played a big part in the terrible season amongst other factors.

The attitude at Ewood & from a lot of fans seemed to be oh it's ok he'll do and he'll do it's only league one they'll be adequate enough. Guilty myself of some of that but I've long yelled for a solid keeper to replace Steele and a beast of a centre half or two as have many others.

Seems those experienced people in the hot seat at Ewood have been like fans and thought relying on rookies and mix and match from what's left of the others will be sufficient to build a free flowing attacking team on.

Poor. Get it sorted whilst there's still time.

I believe Mowbray thinks we can get promoted with two flimsy ball playing center halves and a collection of nice tippy tappey footballers. Which is disappointing considering he had managed in this league before. 

Wigan cruising through with a solid mixture of players even allowing for removing a couple of big names from the squad. There manager is a recent winner though. Losing is a habit, when was the last time Mowbray was a winner? Harsh but true 

In fairness his players aren't helping , but there looks to be a lack of leadership on the field and a very worrying lack of fear of repercussions for shirking responsibility. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

As with all bullies though, when you stand up to them, they disappear and hide. It's obvious that there is a feral little gang of them who comment on your posts. Would they say things in real life? Doubtful. Typical bullies. 

Perhaps we can create a BRFC safe zone, where when people wind somebody else up and the going gets tough they can run off to the safe zone and not be questioned, then they will have no need to come out playing the victim card at every opportunity and the protection society's can be disbanded. 

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Perhaps we can create a BRFC safe zone, where when people wind somebody else up and the going gets tough they can run off to the safe zone and not be questioned, then they will have no need to come out playing the victim card at every opportunity and the protection society's can be disbanded. 

Any comment the guy makes is jumped on by a few little piranhas who contribute nothing else to the conversation. No need for safe zones

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

There's a couple of particular posters who did seem to have it in for him I've noticed.

• Moderation Lead
17 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Any comment the guy makes is jumped on by a few little piranhas who contribute nothing else to the conversation. No need for safe zones

I'll be honest with you, he's like anyone else, if he says something that needs questioning, he will be questioned like anyone else. Pulling out the bullying card when it suits really doesn't help when there has been easily as much fault on both sides to be fair.

27 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I'll be honest with you, he's like anyone else, if he says something that needs questioning, he will be questioned like anyone else. Pulling out the bullying card when it suits really doesn't help when there has been easily as much fault on both sides to be fair.

and if Chaddy has to have an ignore list of 20 names, he should ask himself why.

There are no bullies on here, only opposing views. As Chaddy is never too slow to point out.

You do realise Chaddy isn't 14 don't you? I know he comes across as very child-like in his posting style, but he's a grown man with a partner and kids. He doesn't need protecting from words on a screen. It's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. I'm sure JAL, for example, could easily toss the same accusation at him for pouncing on every post he makes with a snidey "go to games" type comment. Difference is, The likes of JAL and others have the intelligence to counter the argument rather than squeal bully every couple of weeks.

Chaddy gets on peoples wicks because his opinions change like the wind, never holds his hands up when gets things wrong and instead tries to backtrack/change the past of what he said. One of the most recent, was he rounded on a few posters, myself included when we dared to suggest we needed CBs. We were told Williams and Nyambe can play there as cover...

But now look, he is claiming we need a CB.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Chaddy gets on peoples wicks because his opinions change like the wind, never holds his hands up when gets things wrong and instead tries to backtrack/change the past of what he said. One of the most recent, was he rounded on a few posters, myself included when we dared to suggest we needed CBs. We were told Williams and Nyambe can play there as cover...

But now look, he is claiming we need a CB.

He shot down anyone not so long ago who said we should be prioritising signing a centre half, he claimed we had Mulgrew Lenihan Williams Nyambe Ward and Wharton who could all play there. So basically saying we have two centre halves one linked with a move away and then a young lad who with limited first team experience. Classing nyambe and Williams as centre back options is ludicrous. And I've seen enough of Ward to know he should be NOWHERE NEAR THE FIRST TEAM. His argument was we should have been prioritising a striker and a pacey winger, the pacey winger I do still think we need but I've been saying for weeks we need another defender at least. It's not that I dislike Chaddy, it's just his habit of changing his views every week and then not even trying to listen too people who don't agree with him that frustrates me, most people on here try and get their point across too him in an adult manner but he never has any of it which leads to people getting annoyed with him. The Viscious Chaddy cycle.... Anyway in other news, Tom Lawrence is signing for Derby for 7 million. He had his moments here and most could see he had a lot of ability but Bowyer didn't really fancy him at the time. I'll never forgive Lawrence for missing that chance against the dingles though, my grandma would have scored that and she's had two knee replacements and can barely walk. :lol: 

30 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You brought up safe zones, not me. 

I said bullies should be held accountable. Not just snipe in with others, then disappear when questioned. 

Do we have to keep going over this, Stop picking on me. I want to  go to the safe zone with it's Victim coach reporting to the Director of victims and its chairs set out in 3-1-2-1-2-1 formation.

By the way i never said the above and nor did my twitter alter ego

49 minutes ago, Reidy You're a Star said:

There are no bullies on here, only opposing views. As Chaddy is never too slow to point out.

You do realise Chaddy isn't 14 don't you? I know he comes across as very child-like in his posting style, but he's a grown man with a partner and kids. He doesn't need protecting from words on a screen. It's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. I'm sure JAL, for example, could easily toss the same accusation at him for pouncing on every post he makes with a snidey "go to games" type comment. Difference is, The likes of JAL and others have the intelligence to counter the argument rather than squeal bully every couple of weeks.

At some point, chaddy has to become a soldier & more importantly remain a soldier. I've noticed a lot of infighting on some of his posts which has detracted from the subject within itself this 1 being a perfect example. It's a skill within itself being able to articulate a counter argument I don't think he does so bad at fighting his corner.

56 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Do we have to keep going over this, Stop picking on me. I want to  go to the safe zone with it's Victim coach reporting to the Director of victims and its chairs set out in 3-1-2-1-2-1 formation.

By the way i never said the above and nor did my twitter alter ego

Chaddy posted a link showing we had signed two new under 23 goalkeepers. A poster replied, and I paraphrase because I couldn't be bothered looking back, "you would be happy if we signed the entire england blind team,  oooh love signings me" 

Now what does that add to the conversation? I understand people disagree with Chaddy and that's fine, but I do also see these kind of sniping comments at his posts from certain posters. When a few join in and do it, I would call it bullying. 

22 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Chaddy posted a link showing we had signed two new under 23 goalkeepers. A poster replied, and I paraphrase because I couldn't be bothered looking back, "you would be happy if we signed the entire england blind team,  oooh love signings me" 

Now what does that add to the conversation? I understand people disagree with Chaddy and that's fine, but I do also see these kind of sniping comments at his posts from certain posters. When a few join in and do it, I would call it bullying. 

Do we have to keep going over this I have already answered , I have now put you on my ignore list of people who keep questioning my posts, you are number 8756 , anyway I am only here to talk football having watched it for 40+ years I am a expert.

This is the transfer thread please keep on topic like I have

I think we should sign a midfielder, forward, wing back defender do you? do you want me to send  you my list of 5000 defenders who I think we should sign , then you can back me up that I mentioned one of them if he signs

p.s Get behind the lads FFS! :)

It's evident that TM is not getting the best out of the players at his disposal. He must fix on a formation and use the players suited to it. Mulgrew should be at left back and Lenihan in defensive midfield or Smallwood if DL is sold.. Conway on left wing and Dack on right side of midfield with Samuel and Antonsson up top. The other midfield place would be either Evans or Gladwin. Nyambe or Caddis at RB. This means two new centre backs at least one with previous experience of L1 and the other pacy and comfortable on the ball. The likes of Graham, Whittingham, Chapman, Bennett and Williams are useful options on the bench and might also serve to wake up a couple of those who clearly need a boot up the arse.

Archived