SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What personal issues? 

He was twiddling with his winky in the corner of a room whilst his team mate had it off with someone. His team mate was then accused of rape.

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

He was twiddling with his winky in the corner of a room whilst his team mate had it off with someone. His team mate was then accused of rape.

And subsequently found not guilty.

46 minutes ago, Stuart said:

And subsequently found not guilty.

Dack has all the qualities to make a reasonable professional footballer.  However, like always it's up to him.  Remember a guy called George Best?  Most on this thread will say, yea wonderful player, all the talent in the world but because of his love of women, booze, he was finished aged 28, tragedy.  Dack is nowhere near George Best but he should take note because now he needs to decide, great life for 2 years or fantastic life for a lifetime.  Up to him.

Just now, 4000Holes said:

Dack has all the qualities to make a reasonable professional footballer.  However, like always it's up to him.  Remember a guy called George Best?  Most on this thread will say, yea wonderful player, all the talent in the world but because of his love of women, booze, he was finished aged 28, tragedy.  Dack is nowhere near George Best but he should take note because now he needs to decide, great life for 2 years or fantastic life for a lifetime.  Up to him.

Ale and women have ruined more players than injuries.

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Great Life? Fondling himself on camera whilst his mate has a tart.  Then all over social media? Not my cup of tea mate

I agree the last thing we need is any of that kind of caper at the moment knuckling down & understanding this league & finding ways to grind out results must be first & foremost. All the party tricks & twitter malarkey can come later in spades. Let's get the basics right first hard work & graft results will not be far behind.

3 hours ago, neophox said:

Has Jason Lowe and Danny Guthrie find a club?

As far as I'm aware neither of them or Adam Henley have a club now the season has started. Fortunately for Lowe he was so well remunerated here he can probably afford to retire!

10 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not really true though. Our signings this summer were a mixed bag so far to be fair, you couldn't really consider Dack to be on a downward spiral. The guy is 23 and was the best player in the division one season ago.

As for our set up, well I suppose a set up doesn't win you games. 

We can still come right. Just need an attitude change from the players first and foremost. They need to earn the fans support at this point. 

me thinks there is complacency in them lads, thinking they will walk the league. watching the team with donny, there wasn't any display of aggression or pace that you can expect from players supposedly "good for league 1". i think there was at least one time Alfie May could outpace the defence from a further position, and he doesn't seem that athletic. the lads need to get their heads right and start doing their best, and that includes being faster in movements and thoughts. graham dropping back meant there was no real threat to their goal. right the fans should support the team but we want to see some fight and some of the supposed quality.

5 hours ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

me thinks there is complacency in them lads, thinking they will walk the league. watching the team with donny, there wasn't any display of aggression or pace that you can expect from players supposedly "good for league 1". i think there was at least one time Alfie May could outpace the defence from a further position, and he doesn't seem that athletic. the lads need to get their heads right and start doing their best, and that includes being faster in movements and thoughts. graham dropping back meant there was no real threat to their goal. right the fans should support the team but we want to see some fight and some of the supposed quality.

My thoughts exactly. They think they will have a cake walk. Hopefully we have seen a wake up call. 

10 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

I would bring Guthrie back. Would be the most talented midfielder in the squad bar none.

Guthrie was a waste of space the majority of the time he was here.I can only recall him having 1 or 2 decent games in all his time here.He is a decent passer of the ball but not once did I see him take the game by the scruff of the neck.He had talent about ten years ago,he is a has been now imo.Offered Rovers nothing while he was here and was probably very well paid.No way would I be taking him back

Just now, islander200 said:

Guthrie was a waste of space the majority of the time he was here.I can only recall him having 1 or 2 decent games in all his time here.He is a decent passer of the ball but not once did I see him take the game by the scruff of the neck.He had talent about ten years ago,he is a has been now imo.Offered Rovers nothing while he was here and was probably very well paid.No way would I be taking him back

Rubbish.

9 hours ago, cesus said:

As far as I'm aware neither of them or Adam Henley have a club now the season has started. Fortunately for Lowe he was so well remunerated here he can probably afford to retire!

It goes to show what this club is all about and says exactly why we have two defeats from the first two. Three players there, who were in a Championship squad last season, none of who have even been offered terms, even  at non league level! In Lowes case, his salary was eye watering and if he is expecting even half of that, it is little wonder he can't find a club. It seems to me that our players sign for a nice pay day and aren't too bothered about any success. I hope they prove me wrong, because I include the current crop in that too. I suspect Henley was on a pretty packet too.

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Rubbish?So Guthrie ran the midfield for Rovers did he?What games did Guthrie control?If he is so good why is he still without a club mid August? I'd suggest it's you talking rubbish mate

He controls the pace of the game. He's probably without a club because he's injured, but if you can get 20 games out of him a season he's worth a pay as you play contract, in my opinion.

15 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

He controls the pace of the game. He's probably without a club because he's injured, but if you can get 20 games out of him a season he's worth a pay as you play contract, in my opinion.

When did he control the pace of the game while he was here?I never seen him do it?Whittingham has done nothing for Rovers yet but I'd rather him than Danny Guthrie. Guthrie was decent at Bolton and Newcastle but since then he has been poor.I'm not disputing that he once was a talent but I seen nothing from him at rovers to suggest he deserves any sort of deal

9 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Did he ever play for Bolton?

yep, it appears he did. I remember him more from his Reading time.

It was his performances on loan at Bolton that earned him his move to Newcastle. He was good for both those sides,started off ok at Reading but then his career went downhill.He doesn't seem the most motivated sort of lad.He did nothing here though and I never once saw him control the game

I don`t think the quality of players we have at the moment for this league is the problem. I personally think the biggest problem we have is consistency, we keep on blowing hot then cold, it is the main reasons we are where we are.

Would people take Todd Kane? Don't know what he's been up to recently but he could be a valuable acquisition on loan? Considering he can fill in at both fullback positions and would be a better wingback than what we have currently. Always struck me as a steady player when he previously played for us. Decent going forward too. 

Archived