BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Unfortunately no money left so unless he's available on loan we can forget it. Loans only from here on.

At £350k for the release clause, can't we have a whip round. Piggy banks and pensions funds, with a 10% sell on fee for the fans who buy him. Job done?

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

Unfortunately no money left so unless he's available on loan we can forget it. Loans only from here on.

So we spent 750k on Dack , got 500k back for Steele ... what else have we spent ??

i know a few have turned up and there will be wages to pay but after letting 13 go or whatever , I am puzzled. 

Which Mowbray plan did they actually back him with then? Looks like we have spent sod all and basically it's loans only from now on unless we sell someone. And we all know how that plays out .....

so what was all that bull sheet in the Summer about backing him and trying to make sure we got back up at the first attempt??

from what I can see it's total b0ll0x yet again .just wtf are they even doing hanging around our Club?

6 minutes ago, TBTF said:

So we spent 750k on Dack , got 500k back for Steele ... what else have we spent ??

i know a few have turned up and there will be wages to pay but after letting 13 go or whatever , I am puzzled. 

Which Mowbray plan did they actually back him with then? Looks like we have spent sod all and basically it's loans only from now on unless we sell someone. And we all know how that plays out .....

so what was all that bull sheet in the Summer about backing him and trying to make sure we got back up at the first attempt??

from what I can see it's total b0ll0x yet again .just wtf are they even doing hanging around our Club?

They've thrown us a bone that's all and between now and the end of the transfer window there'll be a few outgoings to more than cover it.  I'd like to think we'd cope even if that was the case but not sure now and in the case of Dack one decent season and they'll get their money back anyway and with the wages he's likely on in this league it's no big gamble on their part.

15 minutes ago, TBTF said:

I get what your saying totally but with how we have started the season and with the way Mowbray has been setting the team up would you trust him with more money at this time?

He was talking about bringing in another midfielder last week which in my eyes is daft.There hasn't really been any talk about bringing in a centre half from Mowbray something which we badly need.

Mowbray also left most of his summer signings on the bench at the weekend 

26 minutes ago, TBTF said:

To be fair they spent a bit. Certainly more than we've become accustomed to in recent seasons but that makes their behaviour all the more baffling given they went through about 6 transfer windows in the Championship without spending.

When we sold Steele Mowbray said that the decision was purely taken by him with a view to reinvesting the money elsewhere in the squad. Since then we've signed Leutwiler (allegedly for a fee but he was transfer listed by Shrewsbury so I'd be surprised if it was anything serious), and added Chapman/Antonsson on loan. Almost all the talk in the press about new players has been around loans and has been since Samuel arrived.

So for me a pleasant surprise that they coughed up some money for Dack/Samuel, but they'll have had a large chunk of that back since through Steele.

And lets not forget the mammoth sums we're saving every week by not having Lowe/Guthrie/Henley/Akpan etc. on the payroll any more. 

I'd say anyone hoping for/expecting some more cash signings are going to be disappointed and it was always likely to be thus. They've had their spend, question is have they had their sales?

I don't like to pick at any player unfairly, but I did some research on Elliot Ward the other day. If ever there was a definition of a journey man , it would not be him, as journeymen usually play for their clubs. His entire career is pretty much him signing for clubs ,mostly on loan, and then not playing for them. It would make you wonder why we actually signed him? At 33 now his best days are behind him, and that is extremely worrying. I would definitely look at getting him out somehow. Would others agree? 

Archived