BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

1 minute ago, MGPensioner said:

Tony in the LT basically saying "that's your lot".

No more incomings folks

just Mike's fire sale ready to go

If that really is the case then he better find a system that suits the players that he's brought in and quick. One thing a liked about TM was he seemed an honest bloke and what he said came straight down the line, no bulls###. He's got me worried now. They all better pull their finger out and quick.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MGPensioner said:

No more incomings folks

No he not but yet again saying all this rubbish suits your agenda. 

22 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

Chaddy you are reading this completely wrong.

Tony says he wont buy for sake of it and it's getting difficult etc

managing our expectations that there won't be any more incomings

No I'm not. 

He is looking for a defender and midfielder but these players must be of good quality and he wont be signing players for the sake of it

12 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

net trading summary :-

minus 6 players - smaller squad (cost saving)

lower quality players = lower wages (cost saving)

one sale away from net zero spending or even a mill or two into Balaji's pocket...

kerching... "I got 352 million in my pocket"

2 weeks to go 

Minus 6 players really? 10 players signed and we have 2 players for each positions. 

Current squad

Gk's - Raya Luetwiler

RB's - Nyambe Caddis

Centre back's - Lenihan Mulgrew Ward Wharton

Left back's - Wlliams Doyle

Centre mid - Whittingham Smallwood Evans Tomlinson

Wingers - Bennett Chapman Conway Feeney

Number 10's - Dack Gladwin(can play wide)

Strikers - Graham Samuel Attonssen

Lets forget some of the players we let go. Players like Henley, Akpan, Hendrie on loan. 

Just now, MGPensioner said:

You read it as naively as you like pal.

Yes we know the squad... no need to type it... all set for smashing the league.

I will correct myself if it is minus 5 but it's 14 out and 9 in isn't it ?

If you keep including Nuttall who was signed for the development squad then we also need to apply the same to the outgoings such as Askew & Lavelle, etc

U18 Squad - net trading = minus 6

U23 Squad - net trading = minus 3

First Team - net trading = minus 5

Net trading playing staff = minus 14 ???

Seems very sensible reductions for a club now in League One.  The Under-18 squad has been top heavy for a number of years now with some players hardly getting a game or being farmed out to local non-League clubs until the end of their contracts.  A successful team tends to be one that doesn't chop and change once a winning formula has been struck.  Only time will tell if the players are good enough and that will be determined by the final League position but Mowbray is correct to underline the fact that signing players just for the sake of it is a mistake.  We've been down that road before and wasted far too much money on players who became fringe members of a bloated squad.

2 hours ago, MGPensioner said:

No more incomings folks

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

MGPensioner, it looks to me like Chaddy is reading it correctly and it is you has got it wrong? 

Really?

He clearly says that he is after someone, has tried to get people and failed, there is a lot of crud freely available but he isn't going to just bring them in for the sake of it.

Chaddy only said that he is after a defender.

net trading summary :-

minus 6 players - smaller squad (cost saving)

lower quality players = lower wages (cost saving)

one sale away from net zero spending or even a mill or two into Balaji's pocket...

kerching... "I got 352 million in my pocket"

2 weeks to go 

Missing the obvious because it doesn't suit the conspiracy. Relegated means less income = need to cut costs. Do you HONESTLY think that there is this magical extra money being pocketed?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

No he not but yet again saying all this rubbish suits your agenda. 

No I'm not. 

He is looking for a defender and midfielder but these players must be of good quality and he wont be signing players for the sake of it

Minus 6 players really? 10 players signed and we have 2 players for each positions. 

Current squad

Gk's - Raya Luetwiler

RB's - Nyambe Caddis

Centre back's - Lenihan Mulgrew Ward Wharton

Left back's - Wlliams Doyle

Centre mid - Whittingham Smallwood Evans Tomlinson

Wingers - Bennett Chapman Conway Feeney

Number 10's - Dack Gladwin(can play wide)

Strikers - Graham Samuel Attonssen

Lets forget some of the players we let go. Players like Henley, Akpan, Hendrie on loan. 

That defence is nowhere near good enough:

Right backs - Both average at best.

Centre backs - All injury prone & Ward is awful.

Left backs - One crap cente half playing out of position who is even worse playing at full back & one kid who isn't ready yet.

We'll never go up with a backline like that, and definitely need another centre half and another left back.

35 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Really?

He clearly says that he is after someone, has tried to get people and failed, there is a lot of crud freely available but he isn't going to just bring them in for the sake of it.

Chaddy only said that he is after a defender.

Missing the obvious because it doesn't suit the conspiracy. Relegated means less income = need to cut costs. Do you HONESTLY think that there is this magical extra money being pocketed?

One conspiracy theory was that the venkys wanted relegation from the premiership for various reasons. I mean of course that made sense. Why would they want all that lovely tv money? Much easier to scam peanuts down here in league 1

Dont blame evil planning when simple stupidity and ineptitude are the venkys modus aparandi when it comes to running a football club 

Can we please stop including Wharton, Doyle and Tomlinson as first team players. They have between them about 300 minutes of football in competitive matches for Rovers. It masks the issues, especially at left back where we are obviously very short. I don't think any of the 3 youngsters are ready for first team football yet at this level.

3 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Can we please stop including Wharton, Doyle and Tomlinson as first team players. They have between them about 300 minutes of football in competitive matches for Rovers. It masks the issues, especially at left back where we are obviously very short. I don't think any of the 3 youngsters are ready for first team football yet at this level.

There's enough jittery youngsters in the team for now with Nyambe and Raya, both a complete bag of nerves last Sat before the second half.

12 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Anyone noticed that Darraghs foot injury which was said might be metatarsal but then might just be severe bruising is now an ankle injury according to LT ?

;)

Can't help but think the longer these "injuries" last the odds of him ever pulling on the shirt again decrease. He will probably leave for less than we've already been offered round about deadline day.

4 minutes ago, cesus said:

Can't help but think the longer these "injuries" last the odds of him ever pulling on the shirt again decrease. He will probably leave for less than we've already been offered round about deadline day.

Well we don't need any help with conspiracy but it seemed to take a long time to say what the injury was and now it's changing :lol:

Just now, tomphil said:

Well we don't need any help with conspiracy but it seemed to take a long time to say what the injury was and now it's changing :lol:

Out of the 3 young players who've come through the academy I would be most likely to give Tomlinson a shot of the 3. I personally don't think Wharton is physically mature enough to play at the heart of the defence yet, especially baring in mind what he'd be partnered with. Same goes for Doyle, we've seen it before with other young full backs. All it takes is one mistake early doors and the opposition put it on you all game until you capitulate. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The young players at the club might as well start looking for other clubs now....this is a joke bringing in a 17 year old from WBA smacks of desperation to me....start looking at the young lads you have Mowbray FFS instead of developing every other clubs youngsters it's a joke

i think the young players at the club are further away from the 1st team than they have ever been under any manager 

it won't be long before some are off if it remains the same come January

they destroyed Wolves on Monday but all this kind of story does is makes them think what's the point if we can't get a look in....great way to demoralise the young players at the club this kind of thing

Mowbray may need them sooner than he thinks the way things are going so I would have thought keeping their spirits up might be important

1 minute ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Out of the 3 young players who've come through the academy I would be most likely to give Tomlinson a shot of the 3. I personally don't think Wharton is physically mature enough to play at the heart of the defence yet, especially baring in mind what he'd be partnered with. Same goes for Doyle, we've seen it before with other young full backs. All it takes is one mistake early doors and the opposition put it on you all game until you capitulate. 

Tend to agree as that system really isn't one suited to throwing people in I think you need something far more rigid to blood young defenders and midfielders in. Also you need the experienced guys taking the lead and organizing but they've been as ropey as the younger ones.

10 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Any mention of which foot is injured?

Just remembering the Hanley 'bandage' incident

It'll be a knee injury by next Friday never mind which foot :blink:

Wouldn't be at all surprised if it's actually all in his head !

1 hour ago, SkipDonoghue said:

The young players at the club might as well start looking for other clubs now....this is a joke bringing in a 17 year old from WBA smacks of desperation to me....start looking at the young lads you have Mowbray FFS instead of developing every other clubs youngsters it's a joke

i think the young players at the club are further away from the 1st team than they have ever been under any manager 

it won't be long before some are off if it remains the same come January

they destroyed Wolves on Monday but all this kind of story does is makes them think what's the point if we can't get a look in....great way to demoralise the young players at the club this kind of thing

Mowbray may need them sooner than he thinks the way things are going so I would have thought keeping their spirits up might be important

Couldn't agree more with this.  The only way we will know if lads like Doyle, Tomlinson, Travis, Hardcastle, Nuttall etc, are ready is by playing them.  There comes a point when players start to stagnate and go backwards if they are not given a chance.  The likes of Metcalfe, Fazackerley, Wood, Bailey, Hird, Bradford, Barker, Patterson etc. were given their opportunities early and allowed to make mistakes and learn from them.   

Archived