BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

According to sky sports, Lucas Joao can leave on loan. 

Not sure id bring him back but some people on here were keen.

Absolutely bring him back in. Has all the tools just needs to play regularly. 

Sell Graham and bring Joao on a permanent

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the incredibly thin squad we have yeah i would definately try to get lucas back. Our one priority this season is without doubt automatic promotion ideally as champions, this would give the club much needed impetus after years of decline.So we must ask what do we need to add to achieve this. My thoughts are at least one central defender of a good standard, also a central midfielder to push cory and richie we cannot ask our two main midfielders to play all season (what about suspensions also) the combination of richie and cory is now pivotal to what we do, they facilitate everthing around them to happen. We certainly need cover for this area, lets get Jason back then we would have the legs in there. I know he wasn't everbodys cup of tea but check is work and thats what will be reqiured this season, get centreback, midfielder, striker and possibly a winger then i think we can get to the top in this league and stay there. Our players are good but there isn't many of them the squad needs another 4 or 5 yet. Thoughts please !

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

Rhodes linked with a 10 mill bid from Leeds now, that guy will be able to buy his own club in a bit.

Has he not only just signed permanently at Sheffield Wednesday? That's a really odd one.

Just now, blackburnforever said:

Given the incredibly thin squad we have yeah i would definately try to get lucas back. Our one priority this season is without doubt automatic promotion ideally as champions, this would give the club much needed impetus after years of decline.So we must ask what do we need to add to achieve this. My thoughts are at least one central defender of a good standard, also a central midfielder to push cory and richie we cannot ask our two main midfielders to play all season (what about suspensions also) the combination of richie and cory is now pivotal to what we do, they facilitate everthing around them to happen. We certainly need cover for this area, lets get Jason back then we would have the legs in there. I know he wasn't everbodys cup of tea but check is work and thats what will be reqiured this season, get centreback, midfielder, striker and possibly a winger then i think we can get to the top in this league and stay there. Our players are good but there isn't many of them the squad needs another 4 or 5 yet. Thoughts please !

I wouldn't have Lowe back if he offered to play for free.

58 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The penny must have dropped at Hillsborough.

Very strange if true I think many Wednesday fans may have lost time for him when he opted out of penos against Huddersfield. Boro chased him for nearly two windows then dumped him once they hit premier league 

2 hours ago, blackburnforever said:

Smallwood seems capable of the Lowe role, leave Jason pricing himself out of football at teams like Bolton and Barnsley.

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

Has he not only just signed permanently at Sheffield Wednesday? That's a really odd one.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The penny must have dropped at Hillsborough.

Nail on head.

A very lucky lad who has amassed such riches on a very, very limited ability.

24 minutes ago, Irishrover213 said:

Very strange if true I think many Wednesday fans may have lost time for him when he opted out of penos against Huddersfield. Boro chased him for nearly two windows then dumped him once they hit premier league 

Lack of bottle, a greater love for Huddersfield than Owls or a realisation he would be a dead man walking in the PL with Owls?

Absolutely shocking whatever the reason.

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Smallwood seems capable of the Lowe role, leave Jason pricing himself out of football at teams like Bolton and Barnsley.

The world of football realises what I would say 99% of Rovers' fans have known for years.  Relatively speaking, he's less ability than Rhodes - at least Rhodes got goals for us.  Lowe has well and truly been found out - vastly overrated, vastly overpaid and vastly lucky. 

So Henley, Lowe and Guthrie still without clubs going into the last week of the transfer window. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Lowe back here before too long. I imagine the list of interested clubs is a short one and once the realisation sets in at his end that he ain't going to get the same money he was on here then Mowbray will have him back here providing the deal is much less than it was last time.

32 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Lack of bottle, a greater love for Huddersfield than Owls or a realisation he would be a dead man walking in the PL with Owls?

Absolutely shocking whatever the reason.

Yeah pretty bad id say the latter. It must have been a big shock at Wednesday training when he told the manager he didn't want to take a penalty.

Yes your right clubs now see him as nearly a panic buy to get out of championship in one season. If they get to premier league dump him.

3 minutes ago, Irishrover213 said:

Yeah pretty bad id say the latter. It must have been a big shock at Wednesday training when he told the manager he didn't want to take a penalty.

Yes your right clubs now see him as nearly a panic buy to get out of championship in one season. If they get to premier league dump him.

Let's be fair, the Rhodes we had wouldn't have turned a penalty down in a penalty shootout. He was our penalty taker whilst he was here, and despite his limitations he was brilliant for us and a great professional as well. Think he's clearly lost a lot of confidence since going too Boro and then Wednesday and I hope he can get back in the goals again because I'd honestly like too see him get into the Prem and do well. He's not played enough Premier league football to be written off in that league, I think if he got his confidence back and was playing week in week out in the Prem he'd score goals, despite his limations if the ball falls too him in the box there's only one place it's going. 

36 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixon is tweeting that Lowe is close to joining Birmingham

A failed trial at West Brom might tell us a bit about the sort of wages he's looking for (as well as what he was on at Rovers). I suspect Bolton and Forest weren't prepared to match those wage demands. Maybe Brum are.

16 minutes ago, Phil T said:

A failed trial at West Brom might tell us a bit about the sort of wages he's looking for (as well as what he was on at Rovers). I suspect Bolton and Forest weren't prepared to match those wage demands. Maybe Brum are.

If Redknapp's running transfers there then we can safely say they will be paying the money.

Archived