BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

Just now, Buckshaw Rover said:

Totally agree, I do not rate Attonsson. I do not see what he offers, he looked lost and struggled to keep the ball at his feet. He may prove me wrong but Nuttall is banging them in for fun at the moment. Give him a chance! 

If we are talking 5/6 full games, from the start against this level opponent... it becomes more feasible but am I wrong to suggest he's started ONE GAME IN THE LEAGUE!!! It's just bat @#/? mental to write professional footballers off in that time.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Biz said:

If we are talking 5/6 full games, from the start against this level opponent... it becomes more feasible but am I wrong to suggest he's started ONE GAME IN THE LEAGUE!!! It's just bat @#/? mental to write professional footballers off in that time.

I understand that, but my point was try the lad in the U23’s, he could be the answer. 

Antonsson clearly isn’t there yet but what if Nuttall was able to be make the step up now. Give him a chance before persevering with a someone who has failed in the last 12 months.

Just now, Buckshaw Rover said:

I understand that, but my point was try the lad in the U23’s, he could be the answer. 

Antonsson clearly isn’t there yet but what if Nuttall was able to be make the step up now. Give him a chance before persevering with a someone who has failed in the last 12 months.

...and if Nuttall looks lost and ineffectual after two starts? Do we put Rankin Costello in? And so on and so forth?

I agree that Nuttall seems exciting ATM bagging for fun in the u23s but I'm prepared to give the lad from leeds a proper chance first.

Just now, Biz said:

...and if Nuttall looks lost and ineffectual after two starts? Do we put Rankin Costello in? And so on and so forth?

I agree that Nuttall seems exciting ATM bagging for fun in the u23s but I'm prepared to give the lad from leeds a proper chance first.

Fair enough, I think we all just want to see us do well. And of course I support whoever is wearing the shirt on the day... I’m not a booer!

12 minutes ago, Buckshaw Rover said:

Totally agree, I do not rate Attonsson. I do not see what he offers, he looked lost and struggled to keep the ball at his feet. He may prove me wrong but Nuttall is banging them in for fun at the moment. Give him a chance! 

If past records are anything to go by Attonsson should come good as for Nuttall still young and struggled at Aberdeen hope he keeps developing .

It's all about partnerships I suppose and maybe Mowbray thinks Antonsson and Samuel can be good foil although you still need striker no 2 to have some goal threat which I don't think many see in this lad.

Please leave out the daft Rudy comparisons.

If they dispatch with Graham it's a must to get another bonafide goal poacher in from somewhere not hope to rely on numerous people who might be able to do it from no 10 we've been there before with a squad loaded like that albeit in a higher div. When Grayson got Nobben finally over the line he did so with plenty fire power and they needed it over that season.

442 or varying not too far off it suits this squad it helps cover the glaring weaknesses

Just now, Garage Flower said:

Why not start Nuttall tomorrow if he puts in another good performance promise him some game time next home game? Dunno if throwing the lad on away is the best idea unless we're up by a few.

I seem to remember throwing a young lad (beattie) in who was scoring for fun at reserve level before and he was way out of his depth he turned out ok later though .

Just now, had.e.nuff said:

If past records are anything to go by Attonsson should come good as for Nuttall still young and struggled at Aberdeen hope he keeps developing .

See above re confidence & capability - if confidence is shot away, then past record stands for nowt. The converse stands true too.

9 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Pederson and Jansen were permanent signings.  Of course you give them time because they are contracted to us.  We are basically doing Leeds a favour by playing him.  He's 26, not some young pup.  Look at the impact Chapman has made...He will clearly be an asset to us.  

I'm not sure what the relevance of them being permanent signings is. They were my examples because both frustrating to watch at first but became assets. He's on a season long loan, so he's here for the long run. I have no idea of he'll come good but the point was making is is far too early to dismiss him. As yet, I don't rate him either but He's barely played. Chapman looks like he'll be excellent. I love a winger to get behind full backs and pull the ball back - that's a strikers dream. Also, him and Dack running with the ball into the box should mean us getting quite a few penalties this season.

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

I'm not sure what the relevance of them being permanent signings is. They were my examples because both frustrating to watch at first but became assets. He's on a season long loan, so he's here for the long run. I have no idea of he'll come good but the point was making is is far too early to dismiss him. As yet, I don't rate him either but He's barely played. Chapman looks like he'll be excellent. I love a winger to get behind full backs and pull the ball back - that's a strikers dream. Also, him and Dack running with the ball into the box should mean us getting quite a few penalties this season.

Agree about Chapman.

As for out-and-out wingers what year exactly was it when they became a protected species, prior to becoming extinct!

29 minutes ago, Biz said:

Delfuenso proves it isn't!

32 minutes ago, Buckshaw Rover said:

Fair enough, I think we all just want to see us do well. And of course I support whoever is wearing the shirt on the day... I’m not a booer!

Albeit he played out of position but Samuels had a Joe Cocker at Southend. Just over three appearances later we pretty unanimously agreed he could be a good 'un.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Beattie was thrown into the Premier League, not this division. 

Beattie similar to Rudy would always have offered something and always come good somewhere even if circumstances had been different because both stood out from the crowd with their size and athletic ability.

The lad from Leeds I think fits in the other category of run around grafter like Varney etc with no obvious stand out attributes. Doesn't mean he can't form a good partnership and do the graft to leave space for Samuelson but it's difficult to understand leaving Graham benched with his poaching ability.

I think there is a business plan being followed now laid down by the auditors and over the course of the season whatever happens in the league the high earners will be weeded out and there will be a couple of sales to cover all the outgoings.

The business plan will come first and foremost this season and that may cost in other ways unless Mowbray turns magician but I think he knows this.

33 minutes ago, Biz said:

Experienced scouts do it all the time.

We all know what we see. Antonnson looked poor. He's also the first player we've ever signed that doesn't even look good on Youtube:)

30 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Experienced scouts do it all the time.

We all know what we see. Antonnson looked poor. He's also the first player we've ever signed that doesn't even look good on Youtube:)

Not sure about that... Don't you remember Jason Roberts' 'Strikers Master Class'?

57 minutes ago, Speedie's Gonna Get Ya said:

Agree about Chapman.

As for out-and-out wingers what year exactly was it when they became a protected species, prior to becoming extinct!

I know! It's weird isn't It? How many cups and championships have been won with pacy wingers feeding strikers? I'm glad we look to have a couple. Other than a meaty challenge, nothing gets a crowd going like a winger ripping the pee  out of a fullback.

To be fair , I thought their right back , Williams I think he's called , was one of their better performers (he and that big number 8) so it was no surprise Chapman went to the opposite wing and where he created Samuels goal , but agree he looks to have some talent and if he is in his last year of contract we should be looking at doing something more permanent for him

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

If they are permanent it is in our best interests to hope they come good...future fees etc.  Nothing to be gained from waiting on a loan player.

Archived