BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

Just now, harryhealless1928 said:

Dont see the point of buying players for buyings sake. Whats the point of the Academy if we dont give the (very best)kids a chance?

Collecting huge amounts of dead wood makes no sense  as few managers have Gary Bowyers reasonably accurate scattergun approach!

how come the haryhealless1928 name are you a relative, he was my grans brother.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting thing to consider, our academy players used to go out on loan to league 1, 2 and championship teams when we were in the premiership and I would say our youth team is still at the same level... still beating premiership youth teams... that being said, why aren’t our youth team lads playing for our first team. 

Consider they would be good enough to play for other teams in this league if we weren’t in it! 

Just a thought.

Totally agree,Buckshaw.

To had.e.nuff as you know Harry Healless was captain of Rovers the last time we won the F.A,Cup in 1928. He was born in Blackburn so leading his home-town club to victory. My grandad often recalled going to Wembley for this match where we beat Hudderfield Town 3-1,saying it was his happiest memory in all the years of supporting Rovers. Incidentally FWIW we beat Man.Utd 2-0 in the quater-final and Arsenal1-0 in the semi-final(played at Filbert Street,Leicester that year).....so when they keep going on about their"history" good to show a bit of perspective.

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ben Heneghan: Blackburn Rovers approach Motherwell for defender - BBC Sport https://t.co/VsDx8yyCw4

Clubs in talks about a deal

The sun are reporting that Arry Redknapp wants to take him to Brum for 300k.Seems highly rated but is still a gamble I'd rather Mowbray went for an experienced league 1 centre half someone who knows the league.

1 hour ago, FGS5635 said:

Could be good timing for us if Tony gets any sell on cash.

Most clubs put at least a 10% sell on clause in their deals.

Newcastle paid 5.5mil for him. If they take a loss and sell him for 3-4 mil, its still a good 300k-400k for us hopefully.

Although a small amount, it goes a long way in this league

I think that post hits home as too how far our club has fallen in the last 7 or 8 years.

Venkys out, now!

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

If they stopped putting money in, our club would be out of business in the next few days. 

Some of our supporters need a dose of reality here. We may be cutting our wage bill (although not by THAT much this summer) and we may be spending less on transfers relative to what we have in the past, but we now get less money in TV rights, the league, and matchdays. 

Stockholm Syndrome.

When Venkys go we have to believe that we will be saved. Anyone who believes it's 'Venkys or bust' is just being negative. And defeatist.

When they do go, the fans are really going to have to step up and help though. It seems as though excusing Venkys slowly killing the club is just less hassle for some fans.

How do you boil a frog?

5 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I'm convinced there can only be one outcome with Venky's, because there usually is.

I'm not trying to be objective, I'm basing my future predictions on past behaviours, where the actions have been overwhelmingly negative re Rovers.

Your point is a very simple one, very well made.

The fact that it is necessary to state it once, let alone four times (at this point - I've not caught up yet) - let alone have to defend your position re Venkys to other Rovers fans tells its own story. Personally I find it incredible.

Our rivals from the cobbled end of the M65 absolutely love Venkys. There's a reason for that. Or maybe we need them to remind us every season?

This time next year, Rodders...

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We are after Ben Henneghan of Motherwell apparently. I don't know anything about him. Anyone? 

I saw him play for Motherwell against Rangers and my first impression was that he is a big bugger who was a real threat at set pieces. In fact he scored that day and frightened the Rangers players with his power. From the point of view that we need a centre half who will head and tackle anything he could be the answer to the defensive question. And undoubtedly he would be hungry and eager to prove himself.

15 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I saw him play for Motherwell against Rangers and my first impression was that he is a big bugger who was a real threat at set pieces. In fact he scored that day and frightened the Rangers players with his power. From the point of view that we need a centre half who will head and tackle anything he could be the answer to the defensive question. And undoubtedly he would be hungry and eager to prove himself.

I've seen a fair bit of him Tony. I would have enjoyed playing alongside this lad - could be just what we need!

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Nonsense. Hanley is a very good Championship player. He and Duffy formed an excellent partnership, one of the best in the division. 

Seriously? They were an awful pairing at Rovers.  We had two 20+ goal strikers up top but those Muppets at the back. Hanley was positionally woeful, always clattering into his own men, having to fly into erratic challenges, arguing with teammates and not knowing what his defensive partner was doing.  Alongside both Dann and Duff he filled me with fear. As we descended, he improved in his last season here, was the best of our bad bunch but still, poor.  Nowhere near the ilk of Samba, Nelsen, Jones, Henchoz (1st time around) and Big Col.

23 minutes ago, Irishrover213 said:

Yes 20% I think 

Even though they made a loss or paid same amount  on Rhodes we got 20%?I don't remember it being said that we got 20% of the Rhodes to Wednesday transfer fee?Where did you see or hear that?

So we should have got 2 million from Boro this summer then as Rhodes only completed the permanent 10 million transfer to Wednesday in the summer 

Archived