BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

22 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If they came out and said we won't invest but we'll keep the lights on for the next 3 years and immediately put the club up for sale then they might get a degree of understanding and if it can't be sold for a sensible price in that time and they continue to keep the lights on at their expense they might even get a degree of 'well they are stuck with it'..

Apart from that no chance, they didn't know what they were getting into and the dream quickly turned sour but sheer ignorance to get a grip of it years ago evaporated any shred of shred of sympathy from most Rovers fans I think. If you look at the Coyle situation, his connections and the fact hiring/firing him and his people, allowing him and his connections to foist  rubbish like Brown, Stokes etc on the club and his overall presence all but rubber stamping relegation then hire Mowbray etc all that lot in the last 12 months has cost the club 10 million probably.

All 100% avoidable and all down Barry and his advisors, quite possibly the ones who did the initial fleecing, no need for them to be around or keep getting their way, or is there ?

Sympathy ?   Get stuffed !

Even if you factor in the the possibility that they have been fleeced by agents and all the other trappings of football it doesn't excuse the way they have run the club for the last few years. If they had communicated with the fans with a respectable level of honesty and then tried to do something about it maybe people would not forgive bit possibly be more understanding. The fan base wouldn't be divided to the level it is. These are highly intelligent billionaire business people not niave , wet behind the ears lottery winners. They have the people, finances , experience and backing to put this shambolic " bad advice " right and get us back on track whilst we where still a championship club long before the fans completely revolted and league 1 obscurity was the only option

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wish people would separate the term investment from running costs, wages = running costs as for any business. Most football clubs have an overall outgoing bigger than income but have owners footing the shortfall, often a nice company or personal wealth way of evading tax or redirecting funds elsewhere. Other than that a lot have found a way of balancing it like the WT did here. If you aren't prepared to foot these bills correctly you shouldn't own a club, end of.

Continually selling players to pay these costs is liquidizing assets, not needing to do that but doing it anyway and money disappearing is asset stripping. We've seen the former in recent years and the latter definitely in the early days of this regime.

There's been zero real investment in Rovers for years and now what we have seen is very small reinvestment representing a fraction of the players sold in the past 2 years. This will have been brought about by the accountants setting down a plan probably insisted on by the Indian Bank. These goons and their partners have mostly played Russian roulette with the clubs own money since they arrived and there'll he a 100 million hole in an Indian bank or Venky company accounts completely offset by vast income down the years I doubt very much the hole is in a Rao personal pocket.

Any back to transfers..........

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

I'm not saying that we won't be better off, but the reality is that, right now, we don't have any alternatives. 

There needs to be an aspect of realism to the criticism. 

They have made a complete mess of this club. Since they have taken over they have done everything wrong. Taken us from a reasonably comfortable premier league club to a league one club, and pulled it off faster than anyone could have imagined.

They don't know what they are doing. They've taken advice from all the wrong parties. They've shown complete incompetence followed by a lack of interest.

Those are the facts and I don't think that anyone on here disagrees with them.

HOWEVER. Right now they are actually spending a lot of money relative to our current league status. It will be difficult to find a replacement where that same level of spending will be maintained.

The supporters need to be hoping for some sort of change and, personally, my hope is that we can get up straight back up to the Championship and then get a bit more interest from the kind of owners we would want. I don't think there is much chance of a change anytime soon, but that's what I'm hoping for.

That hope doesn't mean that I can't see our current situation for what it is. We are now a big fish in a very small pond being supported by our owners. They may have been the cause of our demise, but it is not Stockholm Syndrome to now realise that we are dependent on them for the time being.

They are spending money, they are keeping the club running. For now, that's more than any other potential owners are offering.

I suppose my frustration comes from the section of our supporters who no longer see supporting the club (the club, not the owners) as their priority. Their priority is to not show support for our owners. I think it is a shame. I think they run a serious risk of not having a club to go back to. I see the kind of atmosphere we were able to create against Burnley and just wish we could have that every week, as, regardless of what is going on off the pitch, that would help us on it. 

The Raos are not the personification of evil. They are just a family who had no business being involved in football. They don't understand it. I feel sorry for them in the respect that I don't think any of this was malicious, just purely incompetent and they were taken advantage of by those in the football world who saw dollar signs flashing in front of their eyes. 

Right now though, in this moment view independently from the past, they are doing their job as owners. If we were to be sold and new owners came in and did exactly what they are doing right now, we would be quite content. 

This is off topic from the transfer discussion, and I don't want to take it back into the same old debate on ownership. 

Hopefully we sign another defender. 

I agree on the money front.

But regarding "they are doing their job as owners" - they are not by a long way.

No other club in the whole of the 4 divisions is run with no Managing Director or Chairman. No other club is run by a "shadow director" who is an expert in the poultry industry making the key decisions.

The best signings we could make are a proper Executive team based at Ewood.

1 hour ago, lraC said:

Strange isn't it, when all they see is money coming out of their accounts and into the clubs, to fund the demise? Given the opportunities to bail out, especially the one given by Ian and Ian that the failed to even acknowledge, you have to wonder, what their real intentions are.

Be very careful!

Sensible doubts based on past experience will get yoy labelled a conspiracy theorists by some on here. :unsure:

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

Interesting quotes from TM on Danny Graham. Sounds like he's not been too impressed with his attitude so far this season. 

Could be one to watch over the next 24 hours. 

Scores for fun pre season and praised by TM for coming in early to pre season training.

Then .... played on his own up front. Dropped. Played in a nonsense Checkersummatorother. Graham appears plissed off...suprised?? TM has got the outgoing tray busy.

My theory is that Mowbray knows he's struggling to get people in without first getting rid of someone. Graham is now the ideal opportunity to do just that as he is certain to attract some Championship interest and is on big wages here.

I suspect 'they' have been waiting for some time for someone to depart before sanctioning new arrivals, hence the lengthy period of time since the last arrival, however given a lack of serious interest in our players along with Lenihan's injury and options for sales are limited. Fortunately we've managed to win a couple of games without needing Graham so that one might be a go-er with the majority of fans, especially if people think he doesn't want to be here any more.

Looking forward to seeing how we navigate the 46 game promotion season with 1 senior striker on the books if Graham is sold today/tomorrow.

3 hours ago, JAL said:

What your saying to me and all the Rovers supporters is that you've stitched us up and another footballing dud. 

Cheers Parsons !

How much is he on and what's the cut taken by Mr. Simon Conning ?

The supporters I talk to are more than happy that Ryan has signed a long term contract as they see the potential in him.

For me, we'd still need either a left back or another CB, depending on where Williams is going to be playing. Even if we sign the fella from Motherwell.  Then direct replacements for anyone else that leaves (Lenihan / Feeney / Mulgrew).

I think we might still see Rickie Lambert joining on a free on deadline day too.

We've got a splurge of young talent ready for this level, I'd like blood them ready for the Championship next season. I mean, this is the level we'd usually loan our kids out to for a bit of experience...  I would like to see a hard-nut and a bit more pace in the squad though. Chapman makes a massive difference, he reminds me of Damien Duff a little bit.

16 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

The supporters I talk to are more than happy that Ryan has signed a long term contract as they see the potential in him.

Are these the same so called supporters that kept writing to Steve Kean showing their support what we all need to know is that agents sons are Blackburn born and bred and most possible post or at least read this site.

Look forward to seeing this potential as we can now open up the Ryan Nyambe watch parsons.What does he do what can't he do .

50 minutes ago, JAL said:

Are these the same so called supporters that kept writing to Steve Kean showing their support what we all need to know is that agents sons are Blackburn born and bred and most possible post or at least read this site.

Look forward to seeing this potential as we can now open up the Ryan Nyambe watch parsons.What does he do what can't he do .

You'll need to go to games to do that though Jal.

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Arguably even less mobile though, which is Graham's only real problem in this league imo (assuming his application is there, obviously).

Alongside Samuel or Nuttall, this problem goes away imo.

3 hours ago, lraC said:

Strange isn't it, when all they see is money coming out of their accounts and into the clubs, to fund the demise? Given the opportunities to bail out, especially the one given by Ian and Ian that the failed to even acknowledge, you have to wonder, what their real intentions are.

It's strange if it's not being used as a corporate accounting tool as something isn't right that's plainly obvious... But as the 90s  song went " too blind to see it" which a lot of fans seem to be 

17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Graham now linked with QPR for 750k

I said at the start of the season that keeping hold of Graham was a necessity. Whilst I am disappointed at myself for changing my tune so quick (sometimes I think Rovers are experts at almost making a player sell himself: big up, bench, attitude problems, injuries, sell) I have the defence of seeing Samuel play. I am extremely impressed with him and more than happy if he was to lead the line.

We do, however, need back up. For all the praise Nuttall has received he is still a young lad. A 'plan c'. We need someone to share the workload for Samuel and keep him competing for his starting place. As the smallest squad in the league we can't afford to be losing a player like DG if nobody is lined up to come in.

I'd first see if we can't squeeze 1m for him out of QPR. They enjoy paying a bit of money and Ian Holloway strikes me as stupid enough to pay it. Should we do that we should bump our offer to 350k for that lad Henneghan, rising to 500+ on performance based results such as promotion or play offs, and look to spend the rest on a striker. This is, of course, providing funds are already allocated for a full back. We need one of them, either on loan or permanently. 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

My theory is that Mowbray knows he's struggling to get people in without first getting rid of someone. Graham is now the ideal opportunity to do just that as he is certain to attract some Championship interest and is on big wages here.

I suspect 'they' have been waiting for some time for someone to depart before sanctioning new arrivals, hence the lengthy period of time since the last arrival, however given a lack of serious interest in our players along with Lenihan's injury and options for sales are limited. Fortunately we've managed to win a couple of games without needing Graham so that one might be a go-er with the majority of fans, especially if people think he doesn't want to be here any more.

Looking forward to seeing how we navigate the 46 game promotion season with 1 senior striker on the books if Graham is sold today/tomorrow.

And the dumbing down continues.. 

Anyone else get the feeling Mowbray is another Coyle successful once flopped every where since.. 

I think Tony has realised that with wages and a potential fee, he can possibly ship Graham out and bring in 2-3 players without needing to go cap in hand to them that shall not be named.

If this window shuts and we only lose DG and bring in 2-3 then thats about as good a window as we have had in a while. Granted the bar is set very low, but still small wins I guess

3 hours ago, Phil T said:

That's life, though, isn't it? Play it and win, "Great call from Mowbray to play it while we were picking up some form!". Play it and lose (or even draw), "Mowbray had the choice to postpone it and he didn't. Stupid decision, given our best player and Evans weren't available! Mowbray out!".

Mowbray's chosen to postpone the match. As the season wears on, games come thicker and faster, and with our squad size (smallest in the league!), I really wonder if he's given us a better or worse chance of winning this match. Let's hope he's made the right choice.

Agreed Phil. For me we should have played the game. What does it say to the rest of the squad and our opponents when We're claiming we can't play the game because of the unavailability of a 2nd choice keeper who will never play anyway, a midfielder who is injured more often than not and Mulgrew? It would be a massive psychological blow to our rivals if we went ahead with the fixture and wiped the floor with Fleetwood anyhow, and there's no guarantee we won't pick up a whole separate raft of injuries when the fixture is rearranged!

Just now, Athlete said:

And the dumbing down continues.. 

Anyone else get the feeling Mowbray is another Coyle successful once flopped every where since.. 

Not really.............. I see a man of integrity who whilst he may not be King Kenny and may make mistakes from time to time, will do his best for the Club and who has recruited quite well for the level we are at this season. There are signs he is finding his feet but only time will tell if he's good enough.

As for Graham for God's sake get rid and get his wages off the books. He did very well when he was here initially on loan and was angling for a permanent deal. Once that was in the bag he let himself get completely out of shape the pre season before this one and has been extremely poor ever since for me.

Archived