BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Saxo slipped the net again ? :lol:

Nah, I keep a regular eye on all new posters, but none of them fit his Modus Operandi. In posting frequency or posting style (i.e. never stopping).

I got this! :brfc:

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/08/2017 at 00:30, Bigdoggsteel said:

Will you come out and say you were wrong if he doesn't leave? :)

Got that wrong!

Must say the humble pie is tasty and I'm happy that we still have Lenihan......and Mulgrew and Graham. Hell, even Evans as I'm in an ok mood.

Turned out to be a reasonable window for us and my thanks to Google and Wiki without whom I would have been totally lost on just about all our new signings.

TM has his squad so let's see if he can get them to do it on his favoured 'grass'.

Promo hoped for as I want a real game v Dingles next season in the Champ., and I so want that pile of excretement down. :rover:

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Got that wrong!

Must say the humble pie is tasty and I'm happy that we still have Lenihan......and Mulgrew and Graham. Hell, even Evans as I'm in an ok mood.

Turned out to be a reasonable window for us and my thanks to Google and Wiki without whom I would have been totally lost on just about all our new signings.

TM has his squad so let's see if he can get them to do it on his favoured 'grass'.

Promo hoped for as I want a real game v Dingles next season in the Champ., and I so want that pile of excretement down. :rover:

Fair play. 

I agree with all of that. Have to say it was a good window. Pity our best window since those f######s took over is in League 1,but what can be done only bounce back 

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Doaksie said:

This could go in various threads, but I'll plump it here, and let it settle in like the bad smell it is;

https://www.balls.ie/football/blackburn-venkys-shane-long-374915

(Apologies if the self-proclaimed BigDog, or any of the other Irish lads have posted this already)

Any normal owner and I'm thinking someone like mike Ashley would make sure they put you back and quickly. I mean paying 10 million a year to underwrite losses year on in doesn't make sense when they could have pumped in some more and built a team capable of championship promotion and back to the PL to help market there initial uk business market aims (venkys xpres).

A team with Cairney, Rhodes, Gestede, Hanley and Duffy with Marshall etc just needed a bit more.

9 hours ago, Doaksie said:

This could go in various threads, but I'll plump it here, and let it settle in like the bad smell it is;

https://www.balls.ie/football/blackburn-venkys-shane-long-374915

(Apologies if the self-proclaimed BigDog, or any of the other Irish lads have posted this already)

“...and incredibly, Venkys are still the owners.”

That could be Rovers’ club motto. It’s like an epitaph without a death.

13 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Any normal owner and I'm thinking someone like mike Ashley would make sure they put you back and quickly. I mean paying 10 million a year to underwrite losses year on in doesn't make sense when they could have pumped in some more and built a team capable of championship promotion and back to the PL to help market there initial uk business market aims (venkys xpres).

A team with Cairney, Rhodes, Gestede, Hanley and Duffy with Marshall etc just needed a bit more.

It needed Mick Mcarthy or Warnock. Simple as that. 

• Backroom
49 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It needed Mick Mcarthy or Warnock. Simple as that. 

Yep, a proper manager would have pushed that team into the playoffs. Bowyer was a good man, but a work-in-progress at a time when we needed the finished article. 

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Yep, a proper manager would have pushed that team into the playoffs. Bowyer was a good man, but a work-in-progress at a time when we needed the finished article. 

We should have got one of them in LONG before Bowyer. It should have happened the minute relegation was confirmed. If they had have done it instead of appointing Berg or even Appleton it might not have been too late. 

Archived