BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Not one mention of our Indian 'owners' on an Indian-based website.

I recall the fan-fare about making Rovers the number one team in India.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well given the population of India you'd think at least one kid would have the makings of a pro player. Bring him over,  let's have a look at him. It's not his fault the Chicken Chokers are idiots.

One of the chicken chokers might be useful in this instance, as it is reported in the article there is interest from I league clubs, Fat Barry can send his boys  round to thrash persuade them  their interest would not be the way to go.

Wonder how that young second/ third choice keeper from Pune FC who played out of his skin against us went on in his career.

Edit: Did not go on to do much according to wiki 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shahinlal_Meloly

We've seen in the past that a modest amount of money invested sensibly can reap great dividends, Cairney, Gestede, Marshall etc. And more recently Bradley Dack.

I'd love to see us invest a million or so in Josh Morris in January. Just think how potent we'd be with him on the left flank and Chapman on the right. Plus he'd be a creative outlet if Dack picked up an injury. You'd also imagine long term all three would be able to make the step up to the Championship and have sell on value if we could also secure Chapman permanently. 

Probably wont happen but no harm in dreaming.

42 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We've seen in the past that a modest amount of money invested sensibly can reap great dividends, Cairney, Gestede, Marshall etc. And more recently Bradley Dack.

I'd love to see us invest a million or so in Josh Morris in January. Just think how potent we'd be with him on the left flank and Chapman on the right. Plus he'd be a creative outlet if Dack picked up an injury. You'd also imagine long term all three would be able to make the step up to the Championship and have sell on value if we could also secure Chapman permanently. 

Probably wont happen but no harm in dreaming.

What about our top scorer? 

31 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Mulgrew?

EDIT: Oops sorry Antonsson. I think he's better than people give him credit for. Is he better than Morris though? Either way you can never have too many good players imo.

Ya, but you said Morris on one wing and Chapman on the other, that would mean dropping our top scorer. Doesn't make sense. Would you drop Bennett too? What about Conway?

I would like some direct back up/competition for Dack. Can Morris play centrally?  

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, but you said Morris on one wing and Chapman on the other, that would mean dropping our top scorer. Doesn't make sense. Would you drop Bennett too? What about Conway?

I would like some direct back up/competition for Dack. Can Morris play centrally?  

Morris/Antonsson/Dack/Chapman doesn't look too bad to me if we played the ball into feet. I agree we'd need at least one more physical striker available if need be.

Good point about Dack. I'm dreading him picking up an injury which is part of my reason for day dreaming about Morris.

I don't rate Bennett or Conway (now) at all. I may have mentioned it.

;)

34 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't think he is better than Dack to be honest 

To be honest I think most people would agree with you. I prefer Morris as he is more versatile. Over the course of a season he would be more useful. Whilst dack is undoubtedly the better dribbler Morris can play left back , left mid, centre mid in a defensive position or attacking can hit long rangers and free kicks. I do think dack is a if he is in the mood type of player, Morris has the Smallwood never say die vibe. It's all opinion and I'm sure not many will agree with me

On 29/11/2017 at 14:06, RevidgeBlue said:

Mulgrew?

EDIT: Oops sorry Antonsson. I think he's better than people give him credit for. Is he better than Morris though? Either way you can never have too many good players imo.

Mulgrew and Antonsson both our top scorers with 7, sorry for being pedantic lol

30 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

To be honest I think most people would agree with you. I prefer Morris as he is more versatile. Over the course of a season he would be more useful. Whilst dack is undoubtedly the better dribbler Morris can play left back , left mid, centre mid in a defensive position or attacking can hit long rangers and free kicks. I do think dack is a if he is in the mood type of player, Morris has the Smallwood never say die vibe. It's all opinion and I'm sure not many will agree with me

I think Dack is a better dribbler,but more importantly he is stronger and it is harder for the opposition to push him off the ball. He is actually deceptively strong. Very tenacious as well,his goal against Blackpool a fine example of this. 

I would take Morris back mind 

I think the most influential player in the league (outside Rovers) is Jack Byrne at Oldham - single handedly lifting them up the table. Another gem that Coyle overlooked for Jason Lowe - a sign that the club isn't/wasn't being run purely for footballing reasons.

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think Dack is a better dribbler,but more importantly he is stronger and it is harder for the opposition to push him off the ball. He is actually deceptively strong. Very tenacious as well,his goal against Blackpool a fine example of this. 

I would take Morris back mind 

I rather have a good big 'un than a good little 'un to be honest. Dack's a poor man's Rodney Marsh. He'll do for me.

On 30 November 2017 at 19:55, Oldgregg86 said:

Morris is better than anything we have and I include dack in that. 

If that isn't an indictment of how far we've fallen I don't know what is. Most people couldn't wait to get rid of him when we were in the championship, now he would be a marquee signing. Makes you wanna weep.

11 hours ago, OJRovers said:

I think the most influential player in the league (outside Rovers) is Jack Byrne at Oldham - single handedly lifting them up the table. Another gem that Coyle overlooked for Jason Lowe - a sign that the club isn't/wasn't being run purely for footballing reasons.

It wasn't just Coyle who played that clown though he was the one who went so far as to name him captain. At Wolves last season when the team needed a goal he wasn't even taken off! Bizarre thing is he was subbed against Villa even though at that point Rovers were protecting a lead though he wasn't exactly adept at that either. Not that it was very difficult as Villa had about as much bite as someone who's just had all their teeth forcibly pulled out. Goodness knows why so many managers played him. He couldn't lace Charlie's boots as a player or captain.

10 hours ago, Reidy You're a Star said:

If that isn't an indictment of how far we've fallen I don't know what is. Most people couldn't wait to get rid of him when we were in the championship, now he would be a marquee signing. Makes you wanna weep.

I felt exactly the same with Gallacher and Judge.

Archived