BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will be a cloud of suspicion over his signing even playing for the Academy. If he gets anywhere near first team with these owners still here even more scrutiny. While players at Blackburn Rovers should have to deal with some level of expectation this guy will be harassed. Is that fair? Maybe not especially if he truly has talent something Myles Anderson never did. That's what it will be like though. Now if they actually created that Academy in Pune as they promised perhaps people would be a little more open to bringing such players over.

If he's that good he will end up somewhere else anyway is it really essential for him to join this club just because other Indians own it? They don't even live here.

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

They will be concentrating on Lenihan and Graham

And rightly so in the case of Graham.

In the case of Lenihan, he's young with some potential but is he actually that good? If a genuinely big offer came in and if (but only if) that money could be reinvested in the side AND if he wants to go II think its hard to make out much of a case for keeping him if by that stage the team are in the automatic promotion places anyway without him having kicked a ball.

I'd rather he stayed but i'd be a lot more worried if Mulgrew or Dack were sold.

42 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Mulgrew might be getting a few admiring glances in January.

At 31, I can't imagine he'd be turning down a higher level of football.

We really need to be keeping hold of him.

His class has come to the fore in league 1,there will definitely be interest I'd say. I don't think we have to sell and he looks happy here. Fingers crossed we can hold onto him 

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

His class has come to the fore in league 1,there will definitely be interest I'd say. I don't think we have to sell and he looks happy here. Fingers crossed we can hold onto him 

The video the club posted the other day for the player of the month competition, certainly shows a lot of team spirit.

If we are still pushing for automatic promotion by the end of January, I think we’d hold on.

21 hours ago, davulsukur said:

He is miles superior quality than League One - I'm totally flabbergasted that we still have him. Surely it's only matter of time till he goes. We've been lucky to have him so far.

We have to plan that he won't be here in February, anything else is hugely short sighted.

21 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Also at 31 , he will want to play every week ! Depending on who comes in for him , he could be bench warming ......I cannot see a prem club coming in for him.....

17 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Also at 31 , he will want to play every week ! Depending on who comes in for him , he could be bench warming ......I cannot see a prem club coming in for him.....

I can’t see a prem club coming in but I was thinking a championship club might. 

Surely Charlie will want to enjoy captaining the mighty Rovers to automatic promotion.

I think he is enjoying his football here this season. At his age who would want to move? the grass is very rarely greener.

5 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

He is miles superior quality than League One - I'm totally flabbergasted that we still have him. Surely it's only matter of time till he goes. We've been lucky to have him so far.

We have to plan that he won't be here in February, anything else is hugely short sighted.

Probably guarantees there won't be any such plans then.

Archived