BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

1 minute ago, Garage Flower said:

I’ve heard from a good source Mowbray is a fan of Jon Taylor at Rotherham. He doesn’t think we’ll bid on him in January because he’s been injured though. Says he’ll be back by Boxing Day so fit to play us. What do people think to him?

I think we have been linked with him before. I think it shows he is looking in the winger department which is good news.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Honestly never heard of him but then again I'd never heard of Richie Smallwood and he is the king of ewood now so hopefully the Rotherham connection Is a lucky one 

I like Taylor, was a good player at this level for Peterborough and deservedly got a move to the championship last season, albeit with Rotherham. Was one of there better players in the championship last season as well. Be a great signing if we pulled it off. 

Oldham haven't half done a complete about turn in terms of form since getting rid of the old manager. Shows how much can be done with limited players in this league.

My shopping list in January would be a hard man centre back, another physical player in cm then perhaps cover for the flanks in defence and midfield. 2 destroyer types and an attacking full back would see me happy in Jan.

3 hours ago, Blue blood said:

My shopping list in January would be a hard man centre back, another physical player in cm then perhaps cover for the flanks in defence and midfield. 2 destroyer types and an attacking full back would see me happy in Jan.

That reads as though you think we need six players in January. I dont think we need too much if Tomlinson can be integrated into the squad and Chapman comes back fit on the right at some point.

A left footed version of Chapman and cover/competition for Dack maybe.

Need someone proven at this level who can come in and play alongside Smallwood and do the dirty work with him. Evans is injured more often than not. Whittingham seems to slow the play down and he doesn't have the legs. Tomlinson has a lot of potential but is unproven, Harper doesn't seem ready for first team football yet. Lenihan can play in there but as solid as Downing has been I can see Lenihan going in at centre half alongside Mulgrew when he's back from injury. So yeah a Centre mid should be our priority for me. Once Chapman is back Chapman  Dack and Antonsson/Bennett behind Graham/Samuel would do damage. We're doing damage as it is! :lol: 

6 hours ago, Blue blood said:

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That reads as though you think we need six players in January.

I got 9.

Centre half, central midfield, 2 full backs, 2 wingers, 2 "destroyers", and another full back who can attack.

Strange to want so many new faces for a team that is seemingly on the up.

Don't expect any signings in Jan and for me that is fair enough.

If money were no object: cover/starter at CB, RB, cover/starter RM/wing and cover/starter CM. Pretty much in that order. Would rather promote our own where possible even if money was available - possible exception CB as i think we need a leader if Mulgrew gets injured.

17 minutes ago, philipl said:

My shopping list for January is keep dack and Mulgrew.

Also Lenahan tweeted yesterday he will be match fit in two weeks so add him to the list as well.

Anything else is a bonus. 

And then Chapman to come back as well - boy are we going to be dangerous

54 minutes ago, philipl said:

My shopping list for January is keep dack and Mulgrew.

Also Lenahan tweeted yesterday he will be match fit in two weeks so add him to the list as well.

Anything else is a bonus. 

Letting potential suitors know in the January transfer market he is back to full fitness

To clarify I meant 3. Perhaps not that well worded. A couple of battlers - although with lenihan coming back perhaps 1 would suffice and a versatile player who could cover both the full back slots.

Apologies this wasn't worded so well - didn't realise poor wording would constitute such a fuss or count as slating the team.

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Apologies this wasn't worded so well - didn't realise poor wording would constitute such a fuss or count as slating the team.

Don't you know how this place works yet? ^_^

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

To clarify I meant 3. Perhaps not that well worded. A couple of battlers - although with lenihan coming back perhaps 1 would suffice and a versatile player who could cover both the full back slots.

My intent was sarcasm, with no malice intended. Another medium that doesn't work well written down.

I thought that your post was funny. A team now winning needs a complete overhaul.

It was a bit like Monty Python's "what have the Romans done for us" bit in the Life of Brian. 

Great point. I'd forgotten Downing was only on loan. Signing him permanently and trying to offload Ward should be a priority.

Imo with the exception of Mulgrew most of our higher earners are our worst performers. If there is no movement either way it wouldn't be a complete disaster but, in an ideal world, having managed to shift Lowe in the summer, I'd be looking to move out one or two more of our underperforming overpaid players like Ward/Graham/Conway/Bennett/Evans and bring in people who put in a much better shift in in day in day out week in week out like Downing Smallwood and Dack.

Archived