BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

33 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

we have a lot of decent wide players

I'd argue we don't really have any. I like Bennett but he's hardly creative. Conway has been poor all season and seems to be permanently injured. Antonsson is not really a winger or wide-midfielder. Gladwin has been awful and isn't really a winger either. Hart is a full-back.

Chapman is the only genuine winger who can beat a man we have in the team and I don't think we'll see him again until March. I'd be surprised if a Chapman-esque player isn't top of Mowbray's Christmas wish list.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapman is out of contract at the end of May, I'd be taking a punt on him and try to sign him in January.  

Also, I'd be looking to add quality loan players in January and I'd move Graham on (as long as we get experience in).

As mentioned, priority is keeping Mulgrew.

Just now, Pedro said:

Chapman is out of contract at the end of May, I'd be taking a punt on him and try to sign him in January.  

Also, I'd be looking to add quality loan players in January and I'd move Graham on (as long as we get experience in).

I wouldn't do anything regarding Chapman until we've seen him play again.

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

This ^

Now is the time to get a player like Chapman at a low price.

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You can afford to have one workhorse ( an in form Bennett or Conway ) style player out wide in your team, but you can't have two grafters. One of the wide players has to be quick or tricky and be able to turn teams around and get them running back towards their own goals

We've often only had one outlet in the team like that and naff all else in terms of creating so yes now having Dack as well in the creativity and scoring dept it's vital we get another Chapman type starting games and not just button off the wings and rely on him.

Massive for Mowbray this window as reading comments from Cov. Boro & even WBA fans a good few said his weakness was being unable to keep up good form second half of the season.

We've got good scoring options we need to polish the service still imo and Feeney back is NOT the answer.

16 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Would anyone fancy Mahoney on loan? 

That would potentially be a great move for us but if I was TM Im not sure I would want to work with him after trying in vain to persuade him to stay. And from the player's point of view it would amount to a hell of an admission he got it wrong having to slink back with his tail between his legs to get some game time.

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Would anyone fancy Mahoney on loan? 

no thanks. 

should have listened to Mowbray and his advice before leaving for Bournemouth under 23's where he hasn't broken into the first team there and very unlikely to do so with 4 wingers in front of him in Pugh, Fraser, Stanilas and Ibe. 

very daft and stupid decision to go there IMO

Just now, tomphil said:

We've often only had one outlet in the team like that and naff all else in terms of creating so yes now having Dack as well in the creativity and scoring dept it's vital we get another Chapman type starting games and not just button off the wings and rely on him.

Massive for Mowbray this window as reading comments from Cov. Boro & even WBA fans a good few said his weakness was being unable to keep up good form second half of the season.

We've got good scoring options we need to polish the service still imo and Feeney back is NOT the answer.

We need a decent left winger and preferably Chapman back or failing that a similar option on the right imo.

I'd waive Cardiff's loan fee for Feeney for the second half of the season just to keep him away from Ewood tbh.

Mahoney could have been getting first team experience running rings round third division defenders but instead got ideas above his current ability level and is predictably not getting a look-in at a minor PL club. He's probably set his career back by 2 years or more by moving too early when he could have been helping the club he professes to love back to the big time.What a waste. 

The club had ample opportunity to offer Mahoney a new contract but they let it drag on.I can't blame Mahoney for moving on,yeah he broke into the team last season but for how long was he overlooked?Dross being brought in and put in the squad ahead of him.Bringing in young loan players from the premier league who weren't any good whilst Mahoney wasn't getting any first team experience. 

I doubt anyone on here knows what is happening behind the scenes at Bournemouth and what Howe and the coaching staff are doing with him.They brought in that Lewis Cook from Leeds and although he is better than Mahoney he rarely featured for them last season but has been involved more regularly this season 

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Mahoney could have been getting first team experience running rings round third division defenders but instead got ideas above his current ability level and is predictably not getting a look-in at a minor PL club. He's probably set his career back by 2 years or more by moving too early when he could have been helping the club he professes to love back to the big time.What a waste. 

I suppose this could easily have been said about Phil Jones as well Jim.

• Backroom
7 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

I suppose this could easily have been said about Phil Jones as well Jim.

Agreed. I always said that Arsenal or Liverpool (or staying here) would've been better moves as both those clubs needed centre backs at the time, but only Utd were willing to stump up that level of money.

Ferries shifting him round the team may have 'improved his overall play yada yada', but he needed to be a centre back fixture imo.

As with Feeney and one or two others it's time to move on from Mahoney. I was gutted he left but he thought he was too good for us at the end of the day and it seemed the manager and/or those paying the wages didn't think he would be good enough then did a big u turn when it was far too late.

Sour taste all round so if there is money lets explore other options.

15 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Surely there are other bargains like Dack in this league.If we had owners with any sense they should loosen the purse strings in January and let Mowbray use our big clubs status in this league to pick up a gem or two capable of playing at a higher level 

Agreed. We could take 2-3 in January, push on and then another couple in Summer. There is a great team spirit at the moment, bringing in League 1 guys will add to that. 

#gettingaheadofmyself 

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

As with Feeney and one or two others it's time to move on from Mahoney. I was gutted he left but he thought he was too good for us at the end of the day and it seemed the manager and/or those paying the wages didn't think he would be good enough then did a big u turn when it was far too late.

Sour taste all round so if there is money lets explore other options.

I wonder does he regret leaving now? Could have made some name for himself here 

Archived