BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Like two naughty school boys put outside of class :lol:

Yep the reason being both players late for the game v Villa. .told by Mowbray  to sit in the corridor  whilst the rest if the team prepared for a vital game 

Mowbray  believes in discipline..something  sadly lacking for a few seasons ..he means business.

And here they are .didn't mind letting me take a pic !

IMG_20170720_211035.jpg

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HowieFive0 said:

Yep the reason being both players late for the game v Villa. .told by Mowbray  to sit in the corridor  whilst the rest if the team prepared for a vital game 

Mowbray  believes in discipline..something  sadly lacking for a few seasons ..he means business.

IMG_20170720_211035.jpg

Brilliant. 

6 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

IMG_20170720_211035.jpg

For the first time in along time we have an actual @#/? manager. Players in at 8am if they're unfit, kept away from the squad if they're not on time. He might not be Mourinho but he will do for me. How in gods name did our totally inept owners manage to fall into this situation?

Well this topic has cheered me up no end. 

Two players brought in who (a) look decent and (b) are for positions we really needed bodies in. The squad looks a fair bit stronger with these two additions. I still think it's too thin, but it's looking a fair bit healthier with these 2 seemingly quality additions. 

I'm also very pleased that TM showed some man management with these 2 players. Good to have someone competent in charge. Still not sure he's a brilliant manager but he's a real manager and decent with the right attitude. I can't remember when we last had that for any length of time. It's like having a car again, after years of being on a bike. Not the best of cars but the difference is ridiculously noticeable.

That said there's still plenty of time for Venkys to screw it up, especially as the squad is still on the thin side. To be honest despite our lack of depth I'd have the window shut tomorrow to prevent any key sales if I could and stop Venkys undoing some decent work in the transfer window. A;as we've a over a month to ride out before we can relax into it being a good window. 

Plenty of other issues off the pitch, but so far the window is shaping up ok. Let's hope it stays that way... 

7 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Well this topic has cheered me up no end. 

Two players brought in who (a) look decent and (b) are for positions we really needed bodies in. The squad looks a fair bit stronger with these two additions. I still think it's too thin, but it's looking a fair bit healthier with these 2 seemingly quality additions. 

I'm also very pleased that TM showed some man management with these 2 players. Good to have someone competent in charge. Still not sure he's a brilliant manager but he's a real manager and decent with the right attitude. I can't remember when we last had that for any length of time. It's like having a car again, after years of being on a bike. Not the best of cars but the difference is ridiculously noticeable.

That said there's still plenty of time for Venkys to screw it up, especially as the squad is still on the thin side. To be honest despite our lack of depth I'd have the window shut tomorrow to prevent any key sales if I could and stop Venkys undoing some decent work in the transfer window. A;as we've a over a month to ride out before we can relax into it being a good window. 

Plenty of other issues off the pitch, but so far the window is shaping up ok. Let's hope it stays that way... 

Totally agree, if the window shut tomorrow, I feel we've got a really good squad for this league and we would be one of the best sides in the league with a decent manager. Above all now, I am really hoping we will hang on to Mulgrew, such an important player and class act - especially at this level.  One other thing, we must start and stick with Raya. Steele isn't good enough and will cost us points.  

Finally looking forward to a season.

Someone on Twitter saying we've accepted an offer from Bristol City for Corry Evans. Alan Myers retweeted it. I can't help but feel it would be a step backwards after positive steps forward recently. We need depth and experience for promotion and losing him would take us back to being on limited numbers in midfield. No surprise though because we all know there will be sales to cover the outlay made this summer and I'm sure most will accept it if they think it will enhance the likelihood of Mulgrew and Lenihan staying.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Someone on Twitter saying we've accepted an offer from Bristol City for Corry Evans. Alan Myers retweeted it. I can't help but feel it would be a step backwards after positive steps forward recently. We need depth and experience for promotion and losing him would take us back to being on limited numbers in midfield. No surprise though because we all know there will be sales to cover the outlay made this summer and I'm sure most will accept it if they think it will enhance the likelihood of Mulgrew and Lenihan staying.

Depends on the offer. Hopefully we get to re-invest the proceeds. A tad surprising though given TM's recent comments about him and his worth to the side

26 minutes ago, J*B said:

For the first time in along time we have an actual @#/? manager. Players in at 8am if they're unfit, kept away from the squad if they're not on time. He might not be Mourinho but he will do for me. How in gods name did our totally inept owners manage to fall into this situation?

I to like Mr tony very much ..

12 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Correct.There have been many a time at 2-40 pm on a Saturday we ve all come on here and said  Eh ? how come hes not playing so and so ..sometimes we dont know the half of it.

A manager has to instill discipline and rules that all players have to abide by or it will all end up as a free for all. Both those players didnt start and if the result had gone the wrong way some may have questioned why. A team needs strong man management  and a squad needs to know the rules and i think we will get this with Mowbray .

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If there's cash on offer I'd take it every time. The guys a lightweight crock who's had maybe 5 or 6 good performances in nearly as many years at the club. His body isn't up to 46 games, so I'd take the money and find someone else who can do his role for less money. Understand the point about numbers in midfield, but both Mulgrew and Lenihan can step forward to the DM role if needed.

41 minutes ago, J*B said:

exactly the type of manager we need. tough and strong with these player is needed

47 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I thought it was pretty well known that Emnes and Joao were both a massive pain toward the end of last season and had stinking attitudes. 

Yep I think a couple of players posted this around that time.

Big NO from me on both

36 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

And some wanted Emnes back. A guy who only puts the yards in when the sky cameras turn up. He'd be utter bobbins away on a cold Tuesday night in League One; like playing with ten men.

No thanks not what we need one bit

9 minutes ago, AAK said:

Selling Evans would be very disappointing

I would be aswell.

He played on Tuesday night. so don't know how likely this would be. guess depends on the offer on the table

Evans is obviously a good player, he was an ever-present in the Hull side that got promoted to the Prem a few years ago. Trouble is apart from his first few months after he signed and played very well he's never been fit. IF selling one player meant no-one else had to leave I'd rather Evans went than Lenihan or Mulgrew.

As for Myers, did he not tweet the Judan Ali thing? He's getting a bit like Nixon...

1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

Evans is obviously a good player, he was an ever-present in the Hull side that got promoted to the Prem a few years ago. Trouble is apart from his first few months after he signed and played very well he's never been fit. IF selling one player meant no-one else had to leave I'd rather Evans went than Lenihan or Mulgrew.

As for Myers, did he not tweet the Judan Ali thing? He's getting a bit like Nixon...

If it was Evans going to keep Mulgrew and Lenihan, then i'd be ok with that.

More than happy with Evans and Mulgrew out, Smallwood and Whittingham in, as long as Lenihan also stays. Evans was a sick note when we needed him last season, no real loss. 

Archived