SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, davulsukur said:

Samba and Terry at CB! :o

Martin Braithwaite and Britt Assombalonga, Boro's new front two would run absolute rings around them two. Two unreal centre backs in there prime, JT more so of course, but he's so slow these days I think he will struggle next season JT I really do. 

Just now, Butty said:

Martin Braithwaite and Britt Assombalonga, Boro's new front two would run absolute rings around them two. Two unreal centre backs in there prime, JT more so of course, but he's so slow these days I think he will struggle next season JT I really do. 

I think JT would be ok with a quick CB alongside him but Samba is slower than i am!

Should be destroying teams off corners though

Just now, davulsukur said:

I think JT would be ok with a quick CB alongside him but Samba is slower than i am!

Yeah both are big attacking threats but there main job as defenders surely they wouldn't be able to cope with any sort of pace in behind? Whenever Terry briefly played last season Chelsea conceded more than 1 goal in those games I'm pretty sure. His legs have gone and he can only do so much to adapt too that. Him and Samba alongside each other would be suicide if you ask me. 

29 minutes ago, AAK said:

Selling Evans would be very disappointing

If a championship club has come in for him in Bristol city then obviously Evans will want the move, so if the money's right then I don't see a big problem in selling him. He's hardly been a big part of our squad the last season or two and although I was impressed by him when he first signed he's been extremely hit and miss since. 

5 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Samba is quicker than most give him credit for.

56 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

And some wanted Emnes back. A guy who only puts the yards in when the sky cameras turn up. He'd be utter bobbins away on a cold Tuesday night in League One; like playing with ten men.

Yep never understood the fascination with Emnes he looked a right lightweight lzy git from what I saw. Yes quick, yes the odd flash of ability but a finisher ? No, grafter ? No.

Add in he was on prob 20k pwk at his parent club and for most part didn't really look like he wanted to be here. Yes could tear it up in this div but all that is pointless if they ain't going to put the graft in. Luxury player = no thanks.

Jao had a bit more about him though but you don't want fragile attitudes in this bread and butter league.

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

If we had to cash in one someone then Evans would be one to let go for me, much rather keep Mulgrew and Lenihan 

Spot on. Let's be honest we were always going to sell someone at some point this summer, if we can get a decent enough price for Evans then let him go. As you said, would much rather keep Lenihan and Mulgrew. 

10 minutes ago, Butty said:

Yeah both are big attacking threats but there main job as defenders surely they wouldn't be able to cope with any sort of pace in behind? Whenever Terry briefly played last season Chelsea conceded more than 1 goal in those games I'm pretty sure. His legs have gone and he can only do so much to adapt too that. Him and Samba alongside each other would be suicide if you ask me. 

Experienced defenders can anticipate better, Colin hendry wasn't quick alongside 36 year old Kevin moran. Samba and terry would be decent.

17 minutes ago, Butty said:

That depends jedinak does a pretty good screening job for them but he's no spring chicken. With 2 young strikers they could get run ragged but lots of teams who pack the midfield tend to lump it upfront to 1 CF & use the wingers. Think they will do ok in the main with there experience counts when it matters. Actually punted a pony on AV to go up in autos.

27 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

That depends jedinak does a pretty good screening job for them but he's no spring chicken. With 2 young strikers they could get run ragged but lots of teams who pack the midfield tend to lump it upfront to 1 CF & use the wingers. Think they will do ok in the main with there experience counts when it matters. Actually punted a pony on AV to go up in autos.

Villa have bought Glenn Whelan too, another very underrated defensive midfielder. Favourites for promotion for me.

Set pieces with Terry, Samba, Jedinak and Gestede must be worth a goal a game too.

6 minutes ago, Baz said:

Villa have bought Glenn Whelan too, another very underrated defensive midfielder. Favourites for promotion for me.

Boro, AV, wearsiders I think. Looking forward to it hoping sky might send me a deal there used to but less often now might take the plunge & get 1 of them kodi boxes or firesticks.

21 minutes ago, Baz said:

Set pieces with Terry, Samba, Jedinak and Gestede must be worth a goal a game too.

Gestede is at Middlesbrough

22 minutes ago, Baz said:

El Mohammad a very good signing also. Have whelan terry samba and even Jedinak got the legs for 90 minutes a game over a 46 game season? Doubtful, I fancy Boro for the title but I do think Villa will be in the mixer. 

Archived