BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

7 minutes ago, Butty said:

El Mohammad a very good signing also. Have whelan terry samba and even Jedinak got the legs for 90 minutes a game over a 46 game season? Doubtful, I fancy Boro for the title but I do think Villa will be in the mixer. 

Could be the £25 is either here nor there to me. Don't often gamble mainly a few quid on longshot accumulators, Villa will be exposed in some games I agree there. I think it will a closer thing than Brighton Newcastle Huddersfield last season.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

Yep the reason being both players late for the game v Villa. .told by Mowbray  to sit in the corridor  whilst the rest if the team prepared for a vital game 

Mowbray  believes in discipline..something  sadly lacking for a few seasons ..he means business.

And here they are .didn't mind letting me take a pic !

IMG_20170720_211035.jpg

Jao giving the thumbs while Marvin gets comfortable 

5 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

Could be the £25 is either here nor there to me. Don't often gamble mainly a few quid on longshot accumulators, Villa will be exposed in some games I agree there. I think it will a closer thing than Brighton Newcastle Huddersfield last season.

Yeah I agree on that, there's always one surprise package so be interesting too see who emerges in that department, fancy Brentford maybe. I'd have said Preston if they'd have kept hold of Grayson but who knows how Neil will do there. Interesting league as always! 

I would let Evans go for nothing if it meant getting his wages off the books, any sort of fee would be a god send. The guy has been nothing short of a disgrace since he arrived in my opinion, he's missed 90% of our games, yet has played in 90% of Northern Ireland's. Even when he has played he's never been better than average.

6 hours ago, Mike E said:

I find it odd that Samba was so desperate to leave Russia due to the racist abuse aimed his way, yet is happy to sign up to play alongside John Terry. 

That my friend, is irony.

20 hours ago, Tom said:

That lad looks to have skills and pace but no end product, said it in the last thread but I'd enquire about Joao he may be surplus to requirement at Wednesday 

so like Jason Lowe 

10 hours ago, J*B said:

For the first time in along time we have an actual @#/? manager. Players in at 8am if they're unfit, kept away from the squad if they're not on time. He might not be Mourinho but he will do for me. How in gods name did our totally inept owners manage to fall into this situation?

I remember Cheston telling us Coyley was the standout candidate.. Dafuq! 

10 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

Yep the reason being both players late for the game v Villa. .told by Mowbray  to sit in the corridor  whilst the rest if the team prepared for a vital game 

Mowbray  believes in discipline..something  sadly lacking for a few seasons ..he means business.

And here they are .didn't mind letting me take a pic !

IMG_20170720_211035.jpg

is this a rap video?

7 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Just seen it now; blokes ended up in League Two so can't be much cop. No obvious place in the squad for him, so you do fear the worst if our interest was genuine.

Did you follow the story? He turned down a  few clubs and went to Lincoln for family reasons. Thats why he is in League 2. 

I forgot all about Evans and hadn't considered him in our starting eleven. If he can get fit, he's decent but unfortunately he's second fiddle to Vince Grella in terms of hanging around for years and wasting talent.

7 hours ago, RV Blue said:

I would let Evans go for nothing if it meant getting his wages off the books, any sort of fee would be a god send. The guy has been nothing short of a disgrace since he arrived in my opinion, he's missed 90% of our games, yet has played in 90% of Northern Ireland's. Even when he has played he's never been better than average.

He's played around 100 league games for us over the last 4 years believe it or not, for a full international you would have expected him to boss games in the middle at Championship level, apart from his 45 min cameo against Newcastle last season I'm struggling to think of any games where he really stood out.

Poor IMO, he would be my choice to leave if we could keep Mulgrew & Lenihan.

10 hours ago, Baz said:

Samba is quicker than most give him credit for.

Well he was, I wouldn't be able to say that now without seeing him play. under-rated player in his prime with us though.

• Backroom
57 minutes ago, 47er said:

Well he was, I wouldn't be able to say that now without seeing him play. under-rated player in his prime with us though.

Samba was last seen being released by mutual consent from Panathinaikos because he was constantly injured. He was very poor when he turned up at QPR a few seasons ago and won't have improved since then. We had him at his peak without a doubt, and he was fortunate to be complimented by some very good players surrounding him.

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

He's played around 100 league games for us over the last 4 years believe it or not, for a full international you would have expected him to boss games in the middle at Championship level, apart from his 45 min cameo against Newcastle last season I'm struggling to think of any games where he really stood out.

Poor IMO, he would be my choice to leave if we could keep Mulgrew & Lenihan.

I didn't realise he's played that much! Shows what kind of impact he's had doesn't it?

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

I forgot all about Evans and hadn't considered him in our starting eleven. If he can get fit, he's decent but unfortunately he's second fiddle to Vince Grella in terms of hanging around for years and wasting talent.

Vince is now an agent with Base agency

Archived