BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Southend v Rovers

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They all deserve a bollockin' at half time with the exception of Raya and Bennett. I'm not an expert, but I don't see the point of packing the midfield with ball-players and then hoofing it long at every opportunity.

Be interested to see if there's any substitutions come the second half.

Not sure why people were saying we don't need a centre half when that pairing got us relegated last season and both are converted midfielders.  I'd say it was our number one priority position to fill.

Oh and Gillingham must be laughing all the way to the bank about Dack - one of the worst debuts (so far) I've seen - and I saw Paul McKinnon. :)

Just now, MarkBRFC71 said:

Not sure why people were saying we don't need a centre half when that pairing got us relegated last season and both are converted midfielders.  I'd say it was our nbr one priority position.

Oh and Gilligham must be laughing all the way to the bank about Dack - one of the worst debuts (so far) I've seen - and I saw Paul McKinnon. :)

Made a mess with his chance from a corner ;)

• Backroom
Just now, TurkishDelightFan said:

Mobraw to be sacked by Christmas. You heard it here first. 

We need to see something much better in the second half,  because our performance has been horrific so far. It's like we still think it's pre season. No urgency, no drive, no desire, no evidence of any kind of plan beyond passing the ball around our half of the pitch. Even Coyle's teams know they need to score goals. Mowbray might want to point that out to our lads as we don't seem arsed about scoring at all.

Dack contributed zilch in that first half. Pushed off the ball time and time again. Centre halfs nowhere to be found. Mulgrew is a sulky prick, and whatvever sheff utd are offering for Lenihan please take it, he has never been good. 

Southend closing us down all over the pitch, no space to do anything.

we look unfit and unprepared.

shocking.

I would certainly not have been shocked to lose this. But we do need to see some sort of fire in the bellies in the second half. Some desire for the cause. 

I wonder is the game even being followed in India? Has it even registered what they have done?

Or are they still excited after hearing Neymar had gone to Ligue 1, with the potential of a photo op for Barry.

Just now, broadsword said:

Where's bluebarleymow gone? 

Good lord, this is worse than I feared. 

If they bin Mowbray, who on earth will come in? 

Wonder what the relegation odds are? 

Was going to say that there are a few 'odd' absentees today.

Just now, DE. said:

We need to see something much better in the second half,  because our performance has been horrific so far. It's like we still think it's pre season. No urgency, no drive, no desire, no evidence of any kind of plan beyond passing the ball around our half of the pitch. Even Coyle's teams know they need to score goals. Mowbray might want to point that out to our lads as we don't seem arsed about scoring at all.

Its ok...we have brought in players to get 80 goals.

Just like last season the oppo targeted Nyambe's side from the off, nothing against the lad he's got plenty time but Caddis in from now on if he's fit whatever happens today. Pointless having that experience on the bench.

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Mowbrat sounds like he's ballsed it up by leaving the full backs exposed to their wingers, especially Kightly. Poor management away at a good team.

Not sure if you're watching or listening in, but we're poor all over the park.

Well, our only hope is a half-time b*llocking and a game of two halves. Come on Rovers, sort it out!

Biggest surprise to me was the lack of familiarity between everyone probably expected with 9 new players. I wouldn't have started with two up front away from home. I would have preferred seeing Gladwin instead of Samuel and see Samuel come on to replace Graham later in the game. 

• Backroom

This would be a very poor result and It sounds like we couldn't have been much worse that half but can we at least curb the Mowbray sacked talk for a few weeks?

I always thought we'd struggle for a while before it clicks, may need to click quite soon though!

Awful half. The players looked bereft of confidence from the beginning. Dack's passing has been dreadful, and Samuel and Whittingham have looked non-existent thus far. Nyambe looked solid at the start of the first half, but I reckon he was at fault for the first goal with his non-existent marking for the corner.

Their keeper looked very shaky though and their defence is vulnerable, I reckon there's more goals in this game and we can get back into it, but only if there is a big improvement in the second half.

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Dack contributed zilch in that first half. Pushed off the ball time and time again. Centre halfs nowhere to be found. Mulgrew is a sulky prick, and whatvever sheff utd are offering for Lenihan please take it, he has never been good. 

Southend closing us down all over the pitch, no space to do anything.

we look unfit and unprepared.

shocking.

Mulgrew is a cultured player but always a bit too casual and a bit of a ball watcher we definitely need a commanding centre half in there whoever he replaces, too many weak links on that back line just like last season and set pieces will be our undoing unless they sort it out.

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Whats the mood with the fans DE ? ..are they really singing  "Your'e getting sacked in the morning ? 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

A very strong line up, by Div 1 standards, for our first game.  Feel even more optimistic now.  The Shrimpers will be shrivelling when they see that team sheet.  Rovers by 3 or 4 goals to 1.

Time for you to honor your bet.

We aren't having a whole season of this crap

Archived