BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Southend v Rovers

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not good enough. Time the players step up their game and stop thinking this will be easy cos it wont. A defeat could be good thing to stop the players it will be easy. Alot of work to do..

I see certain posters are already on the back on Mowbray. I find it pathetic that certain posters want us to fail to they can say told you so. 

Any fan chanting Mowbray out needs to get a grip and get realistic. It is going to take time to gel and when we do Im sure we will do very well this season

My message is get behind the Mowbray and players

Just now, bigbrandjohn said:

Better to get it sorted now than in the run in. Wouldn't do to win 3-0 away. It might mask what we need and don't need before the window closes. 

Yes, I have no doubt Venkey's are currently thinking "wow, after the preseason optimism that is really a wake up call, and a warning that we must invest wisely between now and the end of the transfer window to ensure that we secure our goal of automatic promotion this season."

More likely the inflatable pool full of money party won't end until Wednesday or Thursday, at which point somebody might bother to tell them the result.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Not good enough. Time the players step up their game and stop thinking this will be easy cos it wont. 

I see certain posters are already on the back on Mowbray. I find it pathetic that certain posters want us to fail to they can say told you so. 

Any fan chanting Mowbray out needs to get a grip and get realistic. It is going to take time to gel and when we do Im sure we will do very well this season

:lol::lol::lol:

In Chaddy we Trust.

"Four more years, four more years...."

4 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Problem is, we have no forwards lol. Graham does not seem to be the type of forward that would work effectively up top on his own. I would not class him as a target man as such and i put him down as more of a poacher. Usually, yes, given a couple of chances a game, he will net one but up there on his own - how will he get those chances? Whole formation and system needs work in my opinion.

Agreed 100% RE Graham. Because he's burly and can give a bit of necessary roughness, one might be fooled into thinking he'll be grand up top by himself, but time and again it fails to work out. He's always looked best for us with a runner alongside him, like Watt for EG.

I was hoping Samuel/Dack would go someway to fulfilling that role, but that clearly wasn't the case today.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Not good enough. Time the players step up their game and stop thinking this will be easy cos it wont. 

Nobody wants to be able to say 'I told you so' Chaddy. We are all Rovers fans and we are all hurting when we lose. It's just that after seven years of Venky's abject failures, it stands to reason with them at the helm, the failures will continue. Sounds like a rubbish performance today. That needs addressing asap and let's have it right, only a win will do next Saturday. NO excuses.

Praying this may turn out to be a blessing in disguise and the kick up the arse needed.  There should be a reaction now and that could spark a run although some of the toughest away games come thick and fast.

End of the day we are still Rovers under Venkys and that rot is still there and waiting to be addressed so going to a team that finished just outside the play offs is on paper one of the 7 or 8th toughest games we could have been thrown into to start.

Fingers need to be pulled out including the managers and get the season started, no time to dwell.

Outplayed. The scoreline flattered us.

Dack, Smallwood and Samuel. Anonymous at best. 

Graham. Useless.

Mulgrew was the only one with anything to give.

Raya made a class save but was otherwise preoccupied with punting his goal kicks into touch.

Shocking. The only caveat is that it's early days and it can't get worse. It just can't. 

A horrible afternoon.

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Outplayed. The scoreline flattered us.

Dack, Smallwood and Samuel. Anonymous at best. 

Graham. Useless.

Mulgrew was the only one with anything to give.

Raya made a class save but was otherwise preoccupied with punting his goal kicks into touch.

Shocking. The only caveat is that it's early days and it can't get worse. It just can't. 

A horrible afternoon.

Whittingham? 

50 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Dack off , feeney on

Same to you! On both counts.

Only saw bits on Facebook but it looks as though Mowbray is trying to instil a quality of football hat is neither necessary nor likely to be successful in League One. Championship, maybe but with L1 pitches and L1 players, you need to be much stronger.

I just hope that this is a wake up call to the manager but particularly the players. This will not be easy and we need players who will roll their sleeves up, not snowflakes.

A poor start but hopefully the start we needed - otherwise this will be a long, crappy season. Thank goodness we scored.

P1 L1 GD -1 (15th)

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Nobody wants to be able to say 'I told you so' Chaddy. We are all Rovers fans and we are all hurting when we lose. It's just that after seven years of Venky's abject failures, it stands to reason with them at the helm, the failures will continue. Sounds like a rubbish performance today. That needs addressing asap and let's have it right, only a win will do next Saturday. NO excuses.

I actually think one or two would love to be able to say I told you so, a very very small minority though 

My worry is Mowbray thinks he can football his way out of the division.  Today's team was all wrong. We've just been spanked away at Carlisle, he talks about a wake-up call and then puts out the same kind of team, far too attacking and far too flimsy, flanks wide-open and the full-backs exposed.

Mowbray needs to adapt to the division, not expect to roll up at some tough grounds and be allowed to pass the ball round like it's a training game.

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Same to you! On both counts.

Only saw bits on Facebook but it looks as though Mowbray is trying to instil a quality of football hat is neither necessary nor likely to be successful in League One. Championship, maybe but with L1 pitches and L1 players, you need to be much stronger.

I just hope that this is a wake up call to the manager but particularly the players. This will not be easy and we need players who will roll their sleeves up, not snowflakes.

A poor start but hopefully the start we needed - otherwise this will be a long, crappy season. Thank goodness we scored.

P1 L1 GD -1 (15th)

Can't argue with any of that, I think Mowbray is our best hope at bouncing back (to the league we should never have been relegated to in the first place - how sobering) but he has to get it right and will need to get it right soon.

We don't want to create mountains to climb, this league is tough but we have a squad that should be at the top end.

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not good enough. Time the players step up their game and stop thinking this will be easy cos it wont. A defeat could be good thing to stop the players it will be easy. Alot of work to do..

And here we go with the hypocrisy again. Nobody is saying 'i told you so'. 

Funnily enough though, the only 'told you so' moment in this entire thread was you saying 'we were playing one of the 2 formations that you predicted'. 

Anyhow, that aside, why do you attribute this to just the players? Surely Mowbray himself has to take some blame? Its his system, his signings and his tactics after all? I like the guy but blindly following him like he is the messiah as you do, is only going to end in tears if he fails - imagine the backtracking you'll have to do then.

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Can't argue with any of that, I think Mowbray is our best hope at bouncing back (to the league we should never have been relegated to in the first place - how sobering) but he has to get it right and will need to get it right soon.

We don't want to create mountains to climb, this league is tough but we have a squad that should be at the top end.

I like him Tom but I'm not sure what gives you such confidence?

Last time in this league he failed badly.

I too am concerned he wants to pussy foot his way out of the league. Whether or not it's possible is yet to be seen...

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

And here we go with the hypocrisy again. Nobody is saying 'i told you so'. 

Funnily enough though, the only 'told you so' moment in this entire thread was you saying 'we were playing one of the 2 formations that you predicted'. 

Anyhow, that aside, why do you attribute this to just the players? Surely Mowbray himself has to take some blame? Its his system, his signings and his tactics after all? I like the guy but blindly following him like he is the messiah as you do, is only going to end in tears if he fails - imagine the backtracking you'll have to do then.

And if Mowbray does well ?

1 minute ago, Tom said:

As much as I like Mowbray and desperately want him to succeed, the jury is definitely out. That team today looked wrong from the start. He comes across a bit 'fantasy football manager' at times, talking formations and the like whilst failing to address the basics like defending. His job is to win games.

Archived