BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Southend v Rovers

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't post here often anymore but been keeping an eye on what people have been saying over the summer... "feel good factor" "champions" some even writing off the past 7 years and giving Venkys a clean slate... I would say that i'm suprised but i'm not because many Rovers fans have learned the sum total of jack @#/? under Venkys. Mind bogles.

It's going on for a decade under Venky rule, some fans need to take their head out of their arse and realise that whilst these people own the club you should only expect failure. Perhaps when they've realised that many supporters might find the bottle to fight against these pigs. 

I heard certain well respected people wouldn't support a protest due to the "feel good factor"... @#/? feel good factor! Feels great losing to Southend in league one doesn't it? Just like last seasons past the same folk will say "protests will effect the promotion push" or "protests will effect the relegation battle" the difference being we're now in league 1 and could potentially be in a league lower than Stanley next season. Give that some thought.

Many fans like myself have walked away from this site and distanced themselves from Rovers and it's noticable that we're left with many fans who are comfortable to accept that these feckers have taken us down from 8th in the prem and normalise the fact that we're now a league 1 club. Same old boring tales of how we were @#/? in the 70's so it makes it all alright.

Promotion or relegation, it doesn't make a jot of difference. The problem is Venkys... Results, managers, transfers... All a mere distraction.

Wake up. Join a protest, go to a meeting, chant against them, anything FFS, the club is dissapearing.

Venkys Out.

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:

Its called leaving their options open Hasta so they dont look a tw @t if mowbray does actually achieve something .

Saying he is a nice bloke is nothing to do with leaving their options open.  It has no bearing on what they think of his managerial opinion.

7 minutes ago, Neal said:

Don't post here often anymore but been keeping an eye on what people of been saying over the summer... "feel good factor" "champions" some even writing off the past 7 years and giving Venkys a clean slate... I would say that i'm suprised but i'm not because many Rovers fans have learned the sum total of jack @#/? under Venkys. Mind bogles.

It's going on for a decade under Venky rule, some fans need to take their head out of their arse and realise that whilst these people own the club you should only expect failure. Perhaps when they've realised that many supporters might find the bottle to fight against these pigs. 

I heard certain well respected people wouldn't support a protest due to the "feel good factor"... @#/? feel good factor! Feels great losing to Southend in league one doesn't it? Just like last seasons past the same folk will say "protests will effect the promotion push" or "protests will effect the relegation battle" the difference being we're now in league 1 and could potentially be in a league lower than Stanley next season. Give that some thought.

Many fans like myself have walked away from this site and distanced themselves from Rovers and it's noticable that we're left with many fans who are comfortable to accept that these feckers have taken us down from 8th in the prem and normalise the fact that we're now a league 1 club. Same old boring tales of how we were @#/? in the 70's so it makes it all alright.

Promotion or relegation, it doesn't make a jot of difference. The problem is Venkys... Results, managers, transfers... All a mere distraction.

Wake up. Join a protest, go to a meeting, chant against them, anything FFS.

Venkys Out.

Took the words out of my mouth.

Just now, Neal said:

Don't post here often anymore but been keeping an eye on what people of been saying over the summer... "feel good factor" "champions" some even writing off the past 7 years and giving Venkys a clean slate... I would say that i'm suprised but i'm not because many Rovers fans have learned the sum total of jack @#/? under Venkys. Mind bogles.

Wake up. Join a protest, go to a meeting, chant against them, anything FFS.

Venkys Out.

Can't disagree with your general sentiment towards Venky's, but be honest, if we'd been blessed with new owners over the summer could they have done anything different to what actually happened?

It appears they met with Mowbray who outlined his plans and the targets he wanted for this level and he was given the funding to get them.

Today's result can only Be laid at the feet of the manager and players surely?

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Can't disagree with your general sentiment towards Venky's, but be honest, if we'd been blessed with new owners over the summer could they have done anything different to what actually happened?

It appears they met with Mowbray who outlined his plans and the targets he wanted for this level and he was given the funding to get them.

The individual result on a match day has always been the responsibility of the manager and the players.

The overall situation is the fault of the owners.

I doubt Neal is referring just to today.

You could pick several short spans of time over Venkys reign and say what could new owners have done different in that time period.

Although Mowbray got it wrong today, there has been a bit of an overreaction on here, a long way to go yet and Southend will be there or there abouts at the end of the season.

Some thoughts:

Whittingham looks like a nothing player, very disappointing. Smallwood was very poor. Tomlinson and/or Evans against Doncaster please.

Mulgrew is our best player by a country mile. Lenihan didn't have a great game and looked to be injured at the end. Williams is a nothing player.

Graham was horrendous. Samuel was poor but out of position. Dack disappointing.

Raya will be a top top keeper.

Mowbray makes some really strange decisions at times.

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Perhaps Rev, i'm not going to get into it though because i've done all this already, many times and i've been better off staying away from here arguing with folk and focusing on my little lad and other more positive stuff... Perhaps i care too much, i don't know. I just wanted to say my bit and let out some frustration. 

I'm off. Take care.

Just to put things into perspective, last season Sheffield Utd lost their second home game 3-0 to Southend Utd.

After 4 games they were bottom of League1 with 1 point. Look where they finished up. 

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Nobody wants to say I told you so.

But when they are belittled, talked down to, and made out to be part of the problem, I would not begrudge them having a pop back when they are proven correct. If you keep pointing out what is necessary and then get told you are wrong - or even the dreaded "being negative" then you shouldn't be seen as wanting us to fail. There's too much of that on here. As for a certain poster who liked and added to your post. He absolutely relishes having a dig at the naysayers when we win (despite his fickle nature) so I don't see what the difference is.

Is it any better to be wrong when we lose target than wrong when we win?

Don't forget too that when the establishment talk down expectations and tell us to 'get real' then these same people also back that position too.

Question: should our expectations this season be high or low?

If we have high expectations then 'certain folk' say that we are lining up for a fail (and setting up an "I told you so"). If we have low expectations then those same 'certain folk' call them negative. That spacing in between is where 'certain folk' lurk so that can flit between opinions and form and always come out as "being positive".

Dont always agree with you but nail on head! And said by the multi- by-the-second posters are now quiet. This is no "i told you so" chit - this is, learn from what has happened in the past few years! Trust and follow Mowbray, trust the players and all will be sparkly green in the sky! With our owners this will never be the case - wake the fck up!

not gonna edit the obvious poor english and typoes - simply cos im drowning my sorrows!

• Backroom
Just now, bazza said:

Just to put things into perspective, last season Sheffield Utd lost their second home game 3-0 to Southend Utd.

After 4 games they were bottom of League1 with 1 point. Look where they finished up. 

Newcastle also lost their first game in the championship last season 

will feel much better if we get 3 points at weekend though we have the Tuesday distraction 

4 minutes ago, bazza said:

I don't think people are saying we have no chance of a good season.

I just think that we've had a summer listening to some people saying the squad is far superior than everyone else's and we will walk this league. Today is a wake up call to those people.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Nobody wants to say I told you so.

But when they are belittled, talked down to, and made out to be part of the problem, I would not begrudge them having a pop back when they are proven correct. If you keep pointing out what is necessary and then get told you are wrong - or even the dreaded "being negative" then you shouldn't be seen as wanting us to fail. There's too much of that on here. As for a certain poster who liked and added to your post. He absolutely relishes having a dig at the naysayers when we win (despite his fickle nature) so I don't see what the difference is.

Is it any better to be wrong when we lose target than wrong when we win?

Don't forget too that when the establishment talk down expectations and tell us to 'get real' then these same people also back that position too.

Question: should our expectations this season be high or low?

If we have high expectations then 'certain folk' say that we are lining up for a fail (and setting up an "I told you so"). If we have low expectations then those same 'certain folk' call them negative. That spacing in between is where 'certain folk' lurk so that can flit between opinions and form and always come out as "being positive".

Mowbray played the keaner Ryan Nyambe after his Carlisle debacle...... unbelievably bad management from Tony Mowbray.

25 minutes ago, Neal said:

Wake up. Join a protest, go to a meeting, chant against them, anything FFS, the club is dissapearing.

Venkys Out.

Not only that - but we're rounded on for feeling how you do - and these are fans of the same club?

Just now, Hasta said:

I don't think people are saying we have no chance of a good season.

I just think that we've had a summer listening to some people saying the squad is far superior than everyone else's and we will walk this league. Today is a wake up call to those people that actually we won't.

"Some people". Not me. I forecast we'd get beat today.  Going to take some time before we settle down.

Archived