BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] When will the next general election be called?

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

In which case I have nobody ???

Torn between unaffordable BS and racism, or outright cruelty. 

Unaffordable bs? You mean we can’t afford to improve services, cut homelessness and improve wages in line with rising costs?

...How can we afford to spend millions on explosive deterrents then?

In other news; welcome to post brexit, post integrity ville, aka the UK!

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to work with a chap who said "the game's bent" - and he didn't mean just football. He meant everything - politics, the world, life. The above tweet is another example - corruption rules. 

Michael Gove on breakfast TV this morning:

”we are the most welcoming country in the world for migrants from outside of the EU” In other words f*** off Europe

• Backroom
47 minutes ago, Biz said:

Unaffordable bs? You mean we can’t afford to improve services, cut homelessness and improve wages in line with rising costs?

...How can we afford to spend millions on explosive deterrents then?

Imo, the millions on explosive deterrents would still be spent, whichever party was in Govt.

Perhaps BS was too strong, but I feel like a lot of Corbyn's policy serves to drive UK business away from the UK. I know some small business owners (just shops, nothing big, who are Labour voters incidentally) who feel like they'd be out of business in a year or two of Corbyn's last electoral proposals.

I note you didn't defend the racist element.

On the other hand, Conservatives are the devil we know and I can't stand the current lot.

4 hours ago, Mike E said:

I know some small business owners (just shops, nothing big, who are Labour voters incidentally) who feel like they'd be out of business in a year or two of Corbyn's last electoral proposals.

Why would they be ? 

5 hours ago, Mike E said:

Imo, the millions on explosive deterrents would still be spent, whichever party was in Govt.

Perhaps BS was too strong, but I feel like a lot of Corbyn's policy serves to drive UK business away from the UK. I know some small business owners (just shops, nothing big, who are Labour voters incidentally) who feel like they'd be out of business in a year or two of Corbyn's last electoral proposals.

I note you didn't defend the racist element.

On the other hand, Conservatives are the devil we know and I can't stand the current lot.

I don’t believe that anti-semitism is specific to one party personally. I do understand that certain aspects of the (what conservatives describe it as) “far left” view suggest that Jewish businessmen have control of the world through shady dealings.. but that’s just paranoid delusion to me. Most people I know who buy into illuminati and other similar suggestions, tend to be the same people suggesting 911 and the London bombings are a false flag, etc!

There is no specific “racist” party. If you put a group of Blackburn Rovers fans together, some will be racist. It’s a problem prevelant across wider society, not just a cross section.

The Windrush stuff is just another example of how this current government and wider party treat certain people with contempt. Normally if you aren’t white, or you don’t have a lot of cash! 

I think the left wing anti-Semitism thing is about the whole Israel/Palestine thing, and the belief that the likes of Hamas can be excused since Israel has bigger guns and uses them. The Jewish business conspiracy is a lesser factor, but that is usually associated with the far right nationalists. Then you have those who declare any criticism of Israelis bombing Palestine, or restricting rights to non Jews in Israel as 'anti-Semitic' in order to try and shut down any argument. It's all very tangled.

A lot of UK business is not in the UK now, so it might not be affected by tax changes. Amazon is based in Luxembourg, Holland and/or Jersey, Asda is US owned, the Daily Mail is based in god knows where, Phillip Green's interests are probably based in Monaco...............Wages may be an issue for smaller businesses, and increases in VAT and so on would affect them though.

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 22:31, Baz said:

No debate? Why not? 

There aren't enough GPs as it is, but this government has cut bursarys to student doctors and nurses and massively increased their tuition fees, then pays them a lot less than they can earn in Australia, and has the audacity to denounce them for standing up for not having to work 80 hours a week.

A&E? A much bigger problem is bed-blocking due to the massive social care cuts imposed by the Tories, forcing many care homes to go under. It's funny that when the government talks about health spending, they somehow always miss the social care budget from their figures. An deliberate oversight?

I don't care for Corbyn, but this government is appalling.

Not saying I agree with the every decision the government has done as I don't. 

My ex was a nurse but left the job due to 2 reasons, the shift pattern she was given by her boss and the travel time to her hospital in Mnchester. 

I would love to work in Australia tbh Baz. 

I have few family who work in the social care sector and they don't work in care homes either but deliver care in people own house. But the social care sector does need to be improve and invest in properly just like NHS and Education. 

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 18:57, den said:

GP’s working weekends is your answer? Well first of all they have to find a way of stopping the decline of GP numbers under the Tories. Surgeries are closing throughout the country because under this government they have become disillusioned. Many are retiring early and some are moving abroad to work. The threat of them being forced to work weekends is just one of the reasons why GP numbers have fallen under this government. 

not the answer to everything of course but to some problems. 

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 23:02, only2garners said:

Chaddy - GPS are working weekends already. Not all of them every weekend obviously but there will be an opportunity for you to see a GP across the weekend. This has been the case for a number of years. My wife was working on occasional Sundays for a couple of years before she retired in 2015. In truth Sunday surgeries are a waste if time - hardly anyone comes and most of those who do can easily come on a Monday to Friday.

As others have pointed out the real critical problem is that GP numbers are falling. No one wants to do the job anymore because of the hours and the workload. Those old enough are retiring early, young doctors are increasingly looking to work overseas for more money and less hours. Those in the middle are cutting their hours to have a semblance of work/life balance. In my wife’s surgery not a single GP works full time hours now.

And Brexit is meaning that doctors from overseas, who have been helping to stop the system from completely breaking down, are going home. 

my current GP is always working part time as she wants to spend more time her daughter and she is single parent aswell. She excellent at her job but family and kids most come first. 

my 1st ever GP who was my doctor 25 years were great but left the job about 6 or 7 years due to ill health. 

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 17:16, jim mk2 said:

Thatcher caused national and social division and economic chaos, May is weak and hopeless but Cameron takes the  biscuit as the worst PM in my lifetime.

He and Osborne inflicted austerity on the country, hitting the weakest and poorest worst, as a solution to the financial crisis and the excesses of the rich. Meanwhile their friends and party donors have got even wealthier over the past 8 years. 

Worse, he caved in to the Tory right wing (and Rupert Murdoch) and gave us an unnecessary EU referendum,  which has split the nation, encouraged xenophobia and racism, and likely to hit the economy for 10 years or more. 

Cameron worst PM? :lol:

I expect Osborne to be in the Tory party after the next election and leader shortly after. 

You keep mentioning people being worst off, but over the last 10 years, I would say my life has improve and Now I have my own house now, my missus has gone to work now after being a stay at home mum for many years, since being together for the past 5 years we bought a house together last October and now life/things are looking bright and very good. 

EU referendum? Jim, we have a vote and it 52% in favour of leaving, whether you like or not we are leaving the EU. 

This is one of the biggest things that really annoyed me, is people saying the economy likely to be hit for 10 years or more. the truth nobody really has a clue how the future will be. 

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 22:53, K-Hod said:

Remember mate, it’s policies, not people we are voting for.

I wonder how many people voted that wise, I already thought its a mixture of it tbh. 

In local elections, I tend to vote for the councillors who has done the most and the ones who have done best in the areas and who are the best at getting local issues sorted. I have email my local MP/councillors this afternoon about the state of the road and extra bus lane which will lead to residents having no room to park their cars and causing more chaos in the local area

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 09:04, jim mk2 said:

I used to work with a chap who said "the game's bent" - and he didn't mean just football. He meant everything - politics, the world, life. The above tweet is another example - corruption rules. 

My best friend has been saying this for years and basically said whoever is in power Party wise, his life has never changed. He owns his own house, car and leads very simple life. 

Chaddy.... some of us point out that GP numbers are falling and that weekend working just isn’t possible and your reply is “not the answer to everything of course but to some problems”.

frustrating. Do you do it on purpose?

16 hours ago, den said:

Chaddy.... some of us point out that GP numbers are falling and that weekend working just isn’t possible and your reply is “not the answer to everything of course but to some problems”.

frustrating. Do you do it on purpose?

Not at all. 

But opening GP's surgeries at weekend are needed. We live in 24 hours 7 days enocomy now. 

But more needed to be done with NHS and social care, I dont have all the answers Den. Do you? 

On 15/04/2018 at 22:35, den said:

37134E2D-EC53-45C2-9BC5-D0A6A8713019.jpeg

Here’s the answer Chaddy. You’ve already seen it.

the NHS isn’t safe in the hands of the Tory govt, it never has been. When Labour came to power in 1997 the NHS was in a terrible state. Labour ploughed in the money to bring it back to life. A&E has been in a critical state now for quite some time and the govt just stand and watch. 3hrs for an emergency ambulance.

30 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Yes, but you chose to ignore it because it doesn't confirm your prejudices. 

What a silly comment that is. You do talk some rubbish at times. Its confirm nothing and you know it.

As I said before I would like fund the NHS whatever it needs. I would ask NHS Chief Simon Stevens how much he needs to funds it all including funding new doctors, nurses and what ever else it needs. I think the same for social care and Education. 

This isnt a party issue but what is needed for the people of this country. Look at Labour in Wales with NHS. 

I'm proud to be English and always will be. 

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

What a silly comment that is. You do talk some rubbish at times. Its confirm nothing and you know it.

As I said before I would like fund the NHS whatever it needs. I would ask NHS Chief Simon Stevens how much he needs to funds it all including funding new doctors, nurses and what ever else it needs. I think the same for social care and Education. 

This isnt a party issue but what is needed for the people of this country. Look at Labour in Wales with NHS. 

This isn’t a party issue Chaddy? It absolutely is. The chart proves that. 

Of course I can see why you don’t want it to be a party issue, but you’re wrong.

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Oh dear, the patriotic card. 

Please explain how that is relevant to the Tories 'perennial underfunding of the NHS? 

36 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Oh dear, the patriotic card. 

Please explain how that is relevant to the Tories 'perennial underfunding of the NHS? 

Suggest you read my post instead of the same old Jim. 

I've always been proud to be English and always will. Are you Jim boy? 

1 hour ago, den said:

This isn’t a party issue Chaddy? It absolutely is. The chart proves that. 

Of course I can see why you don’t want it to be a party issue, but you’re wrong.

I aint part of any party tho Den. I believe those 3 areas are the most important to this country and should be fully properly funding. Ringfence basically from any cuts. 

Will I vote in the next national election? Looking current at this and each leader and policies, most likely not. Wouldnt trust any of them. 

Will I vote in next Local election? Yes. Voting on local issues. 

The words you’re struggling to find Chaddy, are  “despite my original belief that the NHS is better off under my party the conservatives, it’s obvious that that simply isn’t true. Historically it’s better under Labour. They aren’t putting enough money into it and that’s the truth”. 

There you go Chaddy. Honesty is always the best policy.

First post in a long time

You are all missing the point in my opinion.The problem does not lie in party policy or even nhs funding. Society from my observations has changed so rapidly in the last ten years that the NHS model is fundamentaly flawed. It is based on a 1940's service of helping all in a medical need.

It is not equipped to deal with people with social needs. Ive had the unfortunate experience of visiting a&e a few times recently with my 2 year daughter. It is packed with the elderley, drug and alchol missusers,  the homeless and people with mental healtj and parents that simply can'  parent. Many of aforementioned groups don't require urgent medical assistance but because we as a society won't allow people to fail, we in turn push people with social issues towards physical healthcare services.

Ive worked for ten years for a couple of local authorities and it has become increasingly obvious that the NHS like other public provision is overun with service users with complex needs which the nhs can' fix. As a society we need to face facts that a small percenage of people can not live independently. Its a cycle I've seen repeatedly prioson, homeless then repeat hospital admissions. Or housed into a tenancy drug misuse...repeat hospital admissions. Its a never ending cycle of pressure building up on the NHS.

We instead need to be investing in long term non voluntary complex needs service users hospices or such like. Many of you will call them asylums I guess

42 minutes ago, Bazzanotsogreat said:

First post in a long time

You are all missing the point in my opinion.The problem does not lie in party policy or even nhs funding. Society from my observations has changed so rapidly in the last ten years that the NHS model is fundamentaly flawed. It is based on a 1940's service of helping all in a medical need.

It is not equipped to deal with people with social needs. Ive had the unfortunate experience of visiting a&e a few times recently with my 2 year daughter. It is packed with the elderley, drug and alchol missusers,  the homeless and people with mental healtj and parents that simply can'  parent. Many of aforementioned groups don't require urgent medical assistance but because we as a society won't allow people to fail, we in turn push people with social issues towards physical healthcare services.

Ive worked for ten years for a couple of local authorities and it has become increasingly obvious that the NHS like other public provision is overun with service users with complex needs which the nhs can' fix. As a society we need to face facts that a small percenage of people can not live independently. Its a cycle I've seen repeatedly prioson, homeless then repeat hospital admissions. Or housed into a tenancy drug misuse...repeat hospital admissions. Its a never ending cycle of pressure building up on the NHS.

We instead need to be investing in long term non voluntary complex needs service users hospices or such like. Many of you will call them asylums I guess

Or properly fund social care.

Instead we have seen massive social care cuts imposed by the Tories austerity programs. 

On 21/04/2018 at 10:59, chaddyrovers said:

Not at all. 

But opening GP's surgeries at weekend are needed. We live in 24 hours 7 days enocomy now. 

But more needed to be done with NHS and social care, I dont have all the answers Den. Do you? 

Chaddy - I don’t have all the answers either but I do re GPS at the weekend. I pointed out above that GP services are available to everyone at the weekends and have been for years. In truth many of the sessions that have been set up over the last few years are a waste of time as those patients that these sessions are targeted at don’t come and running the sessions just diverts resources from where they are needed during the week.

19 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Chaddy - I don’t have all the answers either but I do re GPS at the weekend. I pointed out above that GP services are available to everyone at the weekends and have been for years. In truth many of the sessions that have been set up over the last few years are a waste of time as those patients that these sessions are targeted at don’t come and running the sessions just diverts resources from where they are needed during the week.

My GP's surgery that I am with isnt open at weekend as Is any other GP's surgeries in my area as far as I know. 

We have to all go the walk in centre at Accy Vic hospital. I went the other week. It open at 8am so I got there by 7.30am and was 1st in quene. By time it was opening time they were over 20 people to see 1 doctor thats on. I believe 1 doctor starts at 8am finish at 4pm, 1 doctor starts at 9am finish 5pm and then 1 doctor starts at 12pm till 8pm.

Social care is a huge issue. People are living longer but with that comes age-related issues such as dementia. Again, the NHS is being forced to take the strain in alot of cases and cannot cope. Austerity cuts by the Tories to social care programmes has made the problem worse. Anyone who has had dealings with private car homes know that the cost is extortionate and standards vary hugely but by and large are low. Many private homes I have visited are disgraceful and ought to be closed. Many people are having to sell their homes and spend money that they hoped to pass on to their children to pay for care. 

The solution is to take social care out of the private sector and bring it under the umbrella of the NHS . Care homes would be purpose-built to a high standard and rolled out nationally to the same standard. The cost would be paid for by a rise in income tax that would be ringfenced for social care only. A measure of a progressive country is how it looks after its infirm, long-term sick and elderly, and everyone shares the cost. It's called socialism, and it is good.  

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

My GP's surgery that I am with isnt open at weekend as Is any other GP's surgeries in my area as far as I know. 

We have to all go the walk in centre at Accy Vic hospital. I went the other week. It open at 8am so I got there by 7.30am and was 1st in quene. By time it was opening time they were over 20 people to see 1 doctor thats on. I believe 1 doctor starts at 8am finish at 4pm, 1 doctor starts at 9am finish 5pm and then 1 doctor starts at 12pm till 8pm.

That is your local East Lancs CCG planned GP weekend service. So you are seeing a GP. It's centralised to make it easier for planning and cost purposes.

Archived