BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barry Ferguson skint

Owns a fleet of properties in Dubai under a FZE company. Properties and a hotel near Lanarkshire in a company name. Mrs is said to own 40 properties and prestige cars in her name. 

Barry on paper appears not to own anything. EBT s being chased by HMRC against ex players but this 1.4 million is allegedly a personal tax bill. Better to sink your self in a bankruptcy personally and being nailed for five years tops than sell anything. As he now owns nothing he has no asset value to go against his liability values and as such technically is bankrupt.

Played a blinder if you ask me, obviously taken good advice somewhere as the EBT has been looming a few years and he was paid 2.5 million through that so you can imagine the tax on that alone!

Edited by Dunnfc
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Owns a fleet of properties in Dubai under a FZE company. Properties and a hotel near Lanarkshire in a company name. Mrs is said to own 40 properties and prestige cars in her name. 

Barry on paper appears not to own anything. EBT s being chased by HMRC against ex players but this 1.4 million is allegedly a personal tax bill. Better to sink your self in a bankruptcy personally and being nailed for five years tops than sell anything. As he now owns nothing he has no asset value to go against his liability values and as such technically is bankrupt.

Played a blinder if you ask me, obviously taken good advice somewhere as the EBT has been looming a few years and he was paid 2.5 million through that so you can imagine the tax on that alone!

"Played a blinder ...... obviously taken good advice somewhere"

With respect it sounds to me as though you approve of multi millionaires doing everything they can to avoid tax while ensuring their millions are signed over to a spouse who can't be touched.

More like morally bankrupt. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

"Played a blinder ...... obviously taken good advice somewhere"

With respect it sounds to me as though you approve of multi millionaires doing everything they can to avoid tax while ensuring their millions are signed over to a spouse who can't be touched.

More like morally bankrupt. 

I do indeed approve. It appears perfectly legal.

Edited by Dunnfc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil T said:

Because they are human and spend relative to what they earn. We all do. And we are all prone to messing up.

I think there is an assumption that if someone on £1k per month has £0 left over after living expenses, then someone on £100k per month has £99k left over. How could they possibly mess up?!?! It doesn't work like that, though, does it? We all spend relative to what we earn, and there is financial stupidity with both high earners and low earners.

Surely as soon as you sign a contract earning more than 2k a week after tax you hire a financial advisor to look after your 100k a year wage?

23 minutes ago, J*B said:

Surely as soon as you sign a contract earning more than 2k a week after tax you hire a financial advisor to look after your 100k a year wage?

A financial advisor for 100k..? My missus earns that as a fairly senior manager at a pharmaceutical company. A good rep can earn that.

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

So that tw@ can just hide his assets in his wfe's knickers then plead poverty so that there is no way for the legitimate claim for unpaid dues can succeed. Yes. Sounds reasonable for today's bent world.

Of course if it was Venkys hiding money that would otherwise legitimately support Blackburn Rovers, then that would be different, and all right minded Rovers fans could cry 'Foul'.

The guy is a git. Venkys are gits. One rule for the rich. Jail and misery for the rest.

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

A financial advisor for 100k..? My missus earns that as a fairly senior manager at a pharmaceutical company. A good rep can earn that.

Does she want a financial advisor? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

A financial advisor for 100k..? A good rep can earn that.

Where :blink:

i know plenty of reps, one works for Aston Martin, one for Merc and 4/5 in pharmaceuticals and non get anywhere near 100k?

Sorry to digress, but I'm thinking of changing careers. 

• Like 1

Going to say his former agent Tony Viola did the same thing a few years ago, basically offshored his assets to Dubai, took as much credit as he could from a number of banks, and set himself up abroad. Last I heard he was still hoping one of the banks would make him bankrupt, so he could wait 3 years then wipe the debt and move back.

The banks shouldn't fall for the bankruptcy process. They should just sit and wait.

• Like 2

The whole transfer was a con. Turns up with a big fee and wages, with Souness' favourite agent (Mr. McKay). Then he pretends to be homesick for his crappy part of Scotland within a year so he moves back to Rangers for a similar amount, probably with the same agent.Barry gets a share of the fee, as does McKay and probably Souness too.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

I have to say this sort of thinking is very selfish, sad and narrow minded. If everyone tried to circumvent the tax system the whole thing would fall apart, it relies on good faith to function. Without that good faith we would have no public services or society.

That some scrotes exploit loop holes in the system for their own benefit is wrong, and they deserve to be thought of and treated as utter tossers, including Ferguson.

Seriously, how hard can it be for the law to be changed to 'You pay the tax set by Govt or you're in prison'? Same rule for everybody.

10 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

The whole transfer was a con. Turns up with a big fee and wages, with Souness' favourite agent (Mr. McKay). Then he pretends to be homesick for his crappy part of Scotland within a year so he moves back to Rangers for a similar amount, probably with the same agent.Barry gets a share of the fee, as does McKay and probably Souness too.

The is the wee Barry thread not the Anthony Stokes one ...... ;)

11 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I love a good conspiracy theory, but nah, I'm not having this one. Souness sold Duff in order to buy Ferguson, which in turn was suicide for his reign here. You think he sacrificed himself for a few bob?

10 hours ago, Mike E said:

Seriously, how hard can it be for the law to be changed to 'You pay the tax set by Govt or you're in prison'? Same rule for everybody.

With PAYE income it is straightforward, but with earnings from any other area it is a total nightmare. They essentially rely on self reporting of income backed up with occasional use of auditors 

Therere isn't a simple way for government to check what is and isn't income outside of PAYE.  For example - if you borrowed £200 from your gran, how does the government know that is a loan rather than income? The only way they know it is a loan, short of sending the auditors round, is that you do not declare it as income.

It all largely works because by and large people are honest and decent. Though of course there are plenty who aren't.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Batman. said:

I love a good conspiracy theory, but nah, I'm not having this one. Souness sold Duff in order to buy Ferguson, which in turn was suicide for his reign here. You think he sacrificed himself for a few bob?

Duff was going whether Souness wanted him or not to be fair.

I don't think the Ferguson deal was dodgy. He came with a big reputation and we were all excited for him to be here but sadly it just didn't work out. When he realised he wasn't cut out for the Premier league he ducked back to the pub league over the wall.

He well and truly damaged his reputation by coming here - likewise Souness tarnished his otherwise brilliant Rovers career by signing him. It was just a bad bit of management exacerbated by how much of a tosser the mistake was. A man with integrity may have gone quietly, resigning himself to the fact he just isn't cut out for the big league, rather than the big hoorah about the Old Firm being better than the East Lancs derby etc etc. It was pathetic.