BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barry Ferguson skint

On 7/25/2017 at 11:39, Dunnfc said:

I do indeed approve. It appears perfectly legal.

And there's the rub..... it's entirely wrong that Ferguson's behaviour is legal. Tax evasion is a problem in this country, but tax avoidance is a huge issue too. When the govt is short of money (unless it's  handing over £1bn bribes to the DUP) there are far too many ways for people with clever advisers to avoid paying tax. A vote for Jeremy is a vote to end these tax abuses. 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 7

I am reluctant to implicate Souness in any dodgy business, but I remember that the agent with the surname McKay was often mentioned during that time, and he had other clients who were linked to us, and may (or may not) have signed. Ferguson seemed like a massive con which is a same as I think he had the talent to succeed south of the border.

22 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

And there's the rub..... it's entirely wrong that Ferguson's behaviour is legal. Tax evasion is a problem in this country, but tax avoidance is a huge issue too. When the govt is short of money (unless it's  handing over £1bn bribes to the DUP) there are far too many ways for people with clever advisers to avoid paying tax. A vote for Jeremy is a vote to end these tax abuses. 

I think your struggling to separate your emotions/views from what is legal. Tax avoidance is perfectly legal, tax evasion isn't as such remains a crime.

What Ferguson did maybe morally wrong to you and others and that's fine but your not telling me you'd personally rather be left with nothing as opposed to avoiding it and ditching the debt through a perfectly legal route, a route which has been in place for 10s of years including under Tony Liar? Fact he's paid more than you and I probably in his career is also neither here or there but until the country introduces a flat tax rate of 30/40% to everyone there will always be a status of people who feel they've "paid enough" always existed under all parliaments though the one thing to denote is the UK tax gap has shrunk under the torys to 6.5% as opposed to 8.3% under labour last time which only shows the Torys and HMRC effectively tackling this issue. Missing tax per year is roughly 36 billion and EU costs shy of 14 billion yet you quibble 1 billion going to DUP?

Vote for Jeremy? Do me a favour. He'd probably promise it, lose an election and then deny proposing it.

Edited by Dunnfc
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I am reluctant to implicate Souness in any dodgy business, but I remember that the agent with the surname McKay was often mentioned during that time, and he had other clients who were linked to us, and may (or may not) have signed. Ferguson seemed like a massive con which is a same as I think he had the talent to succeed south of the border.

Ol' Souey was implicated (but never convicted or officially accused of anything) in the Andy Cole transfer as well, had close ties to the agency that no doubt collected a substantial amount of the £8 million we paid for him. 

52 minutes ago, Commondore said:

Ol' Souey was implicated (but never convicted or officially accused of anything) in the Andy Cole transfer as well, had close ties to the agency that no doubt collected a substantial amount of the £8 million we paid for him. 

There was a few rumours around the Grabbi transfer as well and no doubt there was an old pals act going on with Rangers although I suppose it worked both ways we did get Tugay.   Ferguson was a good shout to replace Dunn at the time he had the ability to really do it down here but he just didn't fancy it after being the main man at Rangers I don't think. No doubt as usual in football plenty people did alright out of these deals but I think the intention was right in regards to Ferguson it's just he was a mard tosser.

Amoruso was a hard one to figure though and a bit wiffy as Souey was on record as not being a fan of his and if he struggled with the pace etc of it up there he was always going to get caught out repeatedly in the Prem, which he did.

Jack Walker was also a good business pal of Mr Murray so the clubs prob always had a decent relationship back then, wasn't Ewood modelled on Ibrox ?

18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

There was a few rumours around the Grabbi transfer as well and no doubt there was an old pals act going on with Rangers although I suppose it worked both ways we did get Tugay.   Ferguson was a good shout to replace Dunn at the time he had the ability to really do it down here but he just didn't fancy it after being the main man at Rangers I don't think. No doubt as usual in football plenty people did alright out of these deals but I think the intention was right in regards to Ferguson it's just he was a mard tosser.

Amoruso was a hard one to figure though and a bit wiffy as Souey was on record as not being a fan of his and if he struggled with the pace etc of it up there he was always going to get caught out repeatedly in the Prem, which he did.

Jack Walker was also a good business pal of Mr Murray so the clubs prob always had a decent relationship back then, wasn't Ewood modelled on Ibrox ?

Rangers' training ground at Milngavie was modelled on Brockhall.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2017 at 13:07, J*B said:

Duff was going whether Souness wanted him or not to be fair.

I've commented on this many times. Duff would have stayed if we matched Chelsea's £60k a week. Souness told him Rovers wanted the money to improve the squad as a whole...

8 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

I think your struggling to separate your emotions/views from what is legal. Tax avoidance is perfectly legal, tax evasion isn't as such remains a crime.

What Ferguson did maybe morally wrong to you and others and that's fine but your not telling me you'd personally rather be left with nothing as opposed to avoiding it and ditching the debt through a perfectly legal route, a route which has been in place for 10s of years including under Tony Liar? Fact he's paid more than you and I probably in his career is also neither here or there but until the country introduces a flat tax rate of 30/40% to everyone there will always be a status of people who feel they've "paid enough" always existed under all parliaments though the one thing to denote is the UK tax gap has shrunk under the torys to 6.5% as opposed to 8.3% under labour last time which only shows the Torys and HMRC effectively tackling this issue. Missing tax per year is roughly 36 billion and EU costs shy of 14 billion yet you quibble 1 billion going to DUP?

Vote for Jeremy? Do me a favour. He'd probably promise it, lose an election and then deny proposing it.

I know what is legal or not thank you.

No one should ave any sympathy for Ferguson; he tried to avoid paying his dues and got caught out. 

Flat taxes favour the wealthiest and hit the poorest hardest; presumably you think that's a good thing

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

I know what is legal or not thank you.

No one should ave any sympathy for Ferguson; he tried to avoid paying his dues and got caught out. 

Flat taxes favour the wealthiest and hit the poorest hardest; presumably you think that's a good thing

As I said Jim lets introduce a flat tax rate in the interests of equality across the board? Would that not be fair?

Back on topic,

If I knew my career would last 20 years max but i'd be extremely well paid for it, i'd be as prudent as I possibly could or invest it by buying a chit ton of property or something. I know he aint really skint, but you do hear about many footballers going broke once they retire.

• 1 year later...