BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Goin' up Goin' up Goin' up?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No sales or sensible reinvestment if so then 4th and the play off lottery.

Sales and the meddling I fully expect giving another big surplus in transfer cash to run the club then 7th with what we'll be told is a competitive squad in this league and we should be grateful.

I think the play-offs is a minimum requirement based on our wage bill.

At present I think we need a few more players as our squad is very thin on numbers based on the amount of games we need to play, including having to field a strong side in that donald duck cup due to being in league 1.

I think we have the right man in charge with Mowbray and he will get every last ounce out of this squad.

Anything less than promotion is a failure, but we have no divine right to go up, this will be a tough division and I still think we lack that centre forward who is going to shoot us up.

We are heavily reliant on Graham who suffers from fitness issues and any sort of injury or loss of form from him, and it could be a long long season.

Samuel has it all to prove in my opinion, he has never played a full season and now needs to deliver something he has yet to do, a 20 goal plus season.

If Rovers can get a proven goalscorer, keep the players we have then i'm going for 5th, if not 9th.

target is promotion and winning the league.

The squad need 3 or 4 signings but if we keep the players we want then I expect top 2 finish.

it will be tough but we have a good manager in Mowbray in charge and he seems to have full control of football matters.

I expect Wigan(Depending on Squad Morale after the 3 players being transfer listed), Portsmouth cos of Kenny Jackett and Bradford cos Stuart McCall and their signings and knowledge of league.

Difficult to predict if we were a proper run club it would be a no brainer top two nothing less.. ...but still with the resources we should still finish top two but lose Mulgrew or Graham and don't replace them with equal as good or better and I'll go for 7th.. 

Not convinced with Mowbray his tactics ultimately cost us towards the end and his last league one adventure wasn't the best.. Hopefully he will sort it out.. As possibly it could be last chance saloon for TM.. He has to get it right 

My head tells me that surely we must be competing at the top end - we've largely kept hold of the players (as of 30th July) that have Championship quality, we went down on a pretty much unheard of tally of 51 points (plus we had Coil till late February) and looked an ok outfit at Championship level under Mowbray.

I believe we've recruited well and League 1 is a poor league.

Yet, yet I just feel uneasy, though a month to the window shuts we still look light on players and the owners have a habit of flogging our best players at the last minute.

There has been such a track record of failure this past 7 years, such lowering of standards and expectations at the club that I just cannot see the modern day Blackburn Rovers 'ripping up' anything apart from the handbook of how to run a professional football club.

Archived