BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Goin' up Goin' up Goin' up?

It's too early to tell, this topic should be put up at the end of the transfer window. That aside and as long as we keep Mulgrew and Lenihan plus another couple brought in then I'd stick my neck out and say top 2 finish.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday will be tough and I hope if we do lose or draw, the doom mongers don't all come out and spread panic. It is important that we start well and if we are in the top 6 after 10 games, I think we will be promoted.

• 2 weeks later...

I've changed my opinion.

Unless Tony Mowbray changes his formations and tactics and gets the team motivated then this lot of slow moving, pedantic, and seemingly clueless so called footballers will get nowhere near promotion. Do they even know how to go forward or are they following Mowbrays instructions either way it has to stop now if they have any aspirations of promotion. Attacking football even with lesser skilled players will pay of more than ridiculous defensive type football accompanied with doses of "hoofball".

Just attack for gods sake or at least try to attack.

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:37, JacknOry said:

The 'doom mongers' as you put it, are being realistic about the season and will probably be expecting a draw or loss - so how are they going to spread panic?

It seems that they did and now we have lost two, even more so. How are they going to spread panic? Well I think that is plain for all to see.

• 2 months later...

Well, it all got a bit silly after we were dicked at Southend :) but generally we are about where quite a few people expected us to finish 4th -10th. I'll stick with 5th but wouldn't be surprised if we drop out of the play-offs. I honestly don't think we'll trouble the top 2 with Mowbray in charge.

• 5 months later...
On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 14:21, blueboy3333 said:

Well, it all got a bit silly after we were dicked at Southend :) but generally we are about where quite a few people expected us to finish 4th -10th. I'll stick with 5th but wouldn't be surprised if we drop out of the play-offs. I honestly don't think we'll trouble the top 2 with Mowbray in charge.

called it.

Morning all,

Not posted on here since you went down when I came on to pass on my sympathy, I'm therefore delighted to see you bounce back.

I mean this in the nicest possible way but I very much hope we aren't visiting Ewood next season but who knows with the play offs. If we screw them up then one of the upsides will be that away trip which is always a one of the best.

Anyway, congratulations on promotion, I hope it takes you a step closer to getting your club back in responsible ownership.

TV

You would think that this is the perfect opportunity for Venkys to release some sort of statement. A very rare moment of success in their misery riddled tenure, I think even the most anti-Venkys supporters would admit that they've got it right these last 12 months by retaining Mowbray and then backing him and trusting him to do the job. What comes next will be interesting and I've not forgotten or forgiven anything but they probably won't get a better chance to reap some rare positive publicity.

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Morning all,

Not posted on here since you went down when I came on to pass on my sympathy, I'm therefore delighted to see you bounce back.

I mean this in the nicest possible way but I very much hope we aren't visiting Ewood next season but who knows with the play offs. If we screw them up then one of the upsides will be that away trip which is always a one of the best.

Anyway, congratulations on promotion, I hope it takes you a step closer to getting your club back in responsible ownership.

TV

Thank you TV

Archived