BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2017/18

Rhodes is 1 in 2 whenever he gets a regular run of games. He's currently lacking confidence after joining Boro when they already had Nugent etc scoring to get them promoted, and now hes joined a club with Gary Hooper scoring regularly.

The point I disagree with the most is not if he deserved to be dropped at the time, but that he is better than the strikers we have now, miles miles better.

I know now that Josh King is a better player, pretty easy in hindsight.

I give up because you are quite clearly on here as a wind up, and this cant be interesting for others to read. No wonder you wind so many people up

Career achievements? 

King is playing PL football regulary. Rhodes isnt and wont. 

King bring pace, movement and Goals. 

Rhodes brings just goals. 

Rhodes better than we got now. He is slow player and would he suit the league 1?. No pace, slow, weak at holding the ball up. 

Would Mowbray want that in a striker? 

Rhodes isnt playing regular now cos he isnt the best at the club and 4th or 5th striker at Sheff Wed. Going there was massive mistake. His last 2 career clubs moves have been awful and chase the big pay day

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Career achievements? 

King is playing PL football regulary. Rhodes isnt and wont. 

King bring pace, movement and Goals. 

Rhodes brings just goals. 

Rhodes better than we got now. He is slow player and would he suit the league 1?. No pace, slow, weak at holding the ball up. 

Would Mowbray want that in a striker? 

Rhodes isnt playing regular now cos he isnt the best at the club and 4th or 5th striker at Sheff Wed. Going there was massive mistake. His last 2 career clubs moves have been awful and chase the big pay day

Would he suit L1? How many did he bang in for Huddersfield? 4 years ago? 

Hes not playing at Weds as they've changed formation and Hooper is finally scoring, I'm sure he will get his chance but you don't drop strikers when they're in form regardless whether you've got a Rhodes or not. Given the Derby result today I'd imagine he will get a go next game especially with Carvalho becoming under pressure to change things. 

King was pish here. Awful attitude, rarely fit and his shooting often cleared the upper tier of the Blackburn End. He's improved immeasurely but we got the PNE version of King not the Bmouth one, let's not re write history.

Pleased to see an ex player doing well but the premier league is chalk and cheese with the premiership. Look at how many players are suited to each division only to swap and struggle.

The championship isn't as quick as the PL meaning the forwards at Championship level usually have a few extra seconds to think about where to place a shot. Look at Rhodes goals they're instinctive as much as well placed, he knows every time he shoots where it going to go.

King on the other hand benefits from the quicker counter game Bmouth play and as such generally gets beyond defence or he's cleverly played in. 

Give me Rhodes any day in the Championship but King in the Premiership.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

King was pish here. Awful attitde, rarely fit and his shooting often cleared the upper tier of the Blackburn End. He's improved immeasurely but we got the PNE version of King not the Bmouth one, let's not re write history.

Sums it up perfectly. Nor was it a given he should have been playing down tbe middle when he was here imo as prior to the FA Cup games his finishing was absolutely atrocious and he lacked any composure whatsoever when presented with a chance..

I'd have put my mortgage on him being a colossal flop when he left hete, I dont think I've ever seen another player be so poot here then go on and be so successful at a higher level. I can oly think he never really wanted to be here in the first place but there were rumours as well he used to be very pally with Leon Best so that wouldn't have helped either.

• Like 2

Who could have predicted that King would have made it in the PL? Based on what he did for us nobody and I really don't recall too many tears when he left. Anybody can use the perfect science of hindsight to justify their argument. For us he just didn't do it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Would he suit L1? How many did he bang in for Huddersfield? 4 years ago? 

Hes not playing at Weds as they've changed formation and Hooper is finally scoring, I'm sure he will get his chance but you don't drop strikers when they're in form regardless whether you've got a Rhodes or not. Given the Derby result today I'd imagine he will get a go next game especially with Carvalho becoming under pressure to change things. 

King was pish here. Awful attitude, rarely fit and his shooting often cleared the upper tier of the Blackburn End. He's improved immeasurely but we got the PNE version of King not the Bmouth one, let's not re write history.

Pleased to see an ex player doing well but the premier league is chalk and cheese with the premiership. Look at how many players are suited to each division only to swap and struggle.

The championship isn't as quick as the PL meaning the forwards at Championship level usually have a few extra seconds to think about where to place a shot. Look at Rhodes goals they're instinctive as much as well placed, he knows every time he shoots where it going to go.

King on the other hand benefits from the quicker counter game Bmouth play and as such generally gets beyond defence or he's cleverly played in. 

Give me Rhodes any day in the Championship but King in the Premiership.

Rhodes played for Huddersfield in league 1 6 years ago not 4 years. 

Howe has turned him into a really good player for Bournemouth and Howe deserved credit for that. shame either Appleton and Bowyer couldn't get a proper tune out of this player. 

Like I said before I think Rhodes will be abit player for the rest of his career and will not develop into the striker he should have done after leaving Rovers. Until he moves to a club where he is the main striker and the team is set up for him he will never score double figures in terms of goals per season. 

was surprise that Carvalho was given a new contract last summer. was a lot of rumours of a manager change there

Kings potential was obvious and he was badly mismanaged whilst at rovers. There is no question king is in a different league to Rhodes and will go on to have the better career. However at the time Rhodes was prolific in front of goal and nobody in their right mind would have dropped rhodes for king. If I had a choice of the two now it's king all day. If your asking who was the better rovers player it's Rhodes and anybody who wouldn't have him before Danny Graham needs their head examined

• Like 1

• Backroom
46 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Seen a few people mention how he's worked on his strength a lot and massively benefitted as a player as a result.

Cardiff City, the club managed by Neil Warnock, who was rejected as manager by Blackburn Rovers in 2016 in favour of Owen Coyle, are at this present time sitting 3 points ahead of their nearest rivals, Leeds United, at the top of the Championship after going 3-0 up on their second placed Yorkshire rivals tonight.

Former Rover Junior Hoilett scored for Cardiff and 27,000 fans were in the stadium. 

I mention this only in passing as we scuffle among the deadbeats in the third division. 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 2

• Backroom
26 minutes ago, cesus said:

I see Steele has just conceded the four so far tonight for Sunderland!

Sunderland fans aren't hugely impressed with him :lol:

Shouldn't really have dropped Steele the first time. Looks like the pop from a Christmas cracker would smash his nerves.

Not sure how the lad ended up through but that was dreadful by Steele. He's got to dive at the striker's feet, force him wide at worst. Instead he tried to use his left foot then dove after he was past him. Laughable.

He's utter garbage. Would rather have Mannone in goal with a bucket on his head.

Its like hes never played in goal before, Quinny was better.

Steele man :lol: Can't believe we actually paid money for him, Grayson should be sacked for that alone.

Steele is worse than Kelvin and Ingham combined

Is it just me or does our goalkeeper just throw himself about like a cock?

absolute superman dive into thin air about a second after the attacker had ghosted past

The fact he spent money on Steele means he should get the boot.

two @#/? goalkeepers and a comical defence. we're @#/?

What the @#/? was the keeper doing for that goal? What a useless plank that keaner is.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Cardiff City, the club manager by Neil Warnock, who was rejected as manager by Blackburn Rovers in 2016 in favour of Owen Coyle, are at this present time sitting 3 points ahead of their nearest rivals, Leeds United, at the top of the Championship after going 3-0 up on their second placed Yorkshire rivals tonight.

I mention this only on passing as we scuffle among the deadbeats in the third division. 

Don't Jim.

6 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Little Preston seem to be doing ok as well. Another win tonight. Their crowds this season have been pretty poor, between 10k and 12k when there are few away fans. I thought Rovers fans were fickle but that lot take some beating.

That's a bit harsh. It is a midweek Champions League night after all.

The pubs were rammed I tells ye.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DE. said:

Sunderland fans aren't hugely impressed with him :lol:

I've just seen the goals he conceded last night, I'd laugh if seeing awful goals weekly in our relegation season wasn't still so raw. You can't concede so often from the opponents first attack and win games!

2 hours ago, philipl said:

What is going on at PNE?- this is looking like a serious promotion challenge. As for Notlob. A bit early for getting the record books out (save that for Palace?) but...

Doing very well on small crowds and minimal finance. If it wasn't them I'd be happy as it is another mythbuster episode to prove that you don't need massive gates and loads of money to compete (Mike Cheston).

I don't think they'll last the pace. Some stronger squads and more experienced operators starting to gather just outside the top 6. Villa are coming good, Boro will be up there, Fulham won't be far off.

Quite pleased about Notlob. Worst case is we have another local derby in League One next season but much better if we're back in a higher division than them.

• 1 month later...

He's genuinely a very poor keeper at that level, everything on target seems to go in. His confidence must have been absolutely rock bottom for some time now and I'm surprised Grayson is still picking him.

Sunderland as a whole are an absolute shambles though and will probably go down unless something changes. No win at home in 2017 - that's barely believable!