BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2017/18

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Wow, they rate him less than we do by the looks.

He is awful though.

Edit: G Force sums it up nicely on those Sunderland boards:

"He's f***ing S***e"

I particularly liked this one

"He's @#/?ing terrible. Great signing from Grayson. Shay Given on a free would have been better than him and Given is about 45."

• Like 1

Knowing Venkys he will probably end up here. :rolleyes:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-data-analyst-calls-police-after-being-sacked-by-club-a3675151.html

Allegations made on twitter too which he's since deleted. Seem rather outlandish. Khan has made mistakes of course but they didn't seem malicious and he's shown signs of learning from them somewhat.

Wonder how Mike Rigg (worked for Fulham in recent seasons and is currently on some short term arrangement with Rovers who he's also worked with) got along with Kline. Maybe baseless speculation on tenuous links (they might not even have gotten around) and I imagine Kline's going to be busy in court for next few months,

Edited by Vinjay17

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nice win for Villa 2-0 away to Preston. The seem to be getting their shit together. Luckily for them, they really need to get promoted soon. Wolves looking nailed on to go up too. So it seems money really does buy success...except in League 1 

Going to be one or two running into difficulties in the near future. Sheffield Wednesday well off the pace despite massive spending - hard to see how that can carry on if they miss out again. Derby have been having a go for years and need to go up. Norwich will be running out of money soon. Middlesbrough spent £50 million and aren't even in the top 6.

Also goes to show with clubs like Cardiff and Sheffield United right up there despite minimal spending that it can still be done for the less well funded clubs (not our problem as we have 'billionaire owners' who 'never say no' to spending money - its only FFP that stops them). It wouldn't surprise me if both those clubs had smaller wage bills than Rovers looking at the sort of players they have signed and that we appeared to be handing Whittingham more than Cardiff were which again just rubs more salt in the wounds.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

I would say low risk.

Turn things around there and he is lauded, fails and he has the ready made excuses already in place.

I was looking at it from the point that he’s not been in club management for a fair while and his first job back is a complete basket case of a club. 

He might turn it round but he’s hardly giving himself a stable environment to get back into it. 

11 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I was looking at it from the point that he’s not been in club management for a fair while and his first job back is a complete basket case of a club. 

He might turn it round but he’s hardly giving himself a stable environment to get back into it. 

Not sure he had many other options - it was stay on with wales for another couple of seasons at least or make a move now to get back into club football. Could have possibly waited a few more months and some sackings would probably have occurred in the Championship. Wales would have been pushing for him to sign up now though.

Edited by JacknOry

Also interesting to see how well 2 of last season strugglers Cardiff (until Warnock took over) and Bristol City are riding high in the league, showing how the team spirit from a relegation fight can carry over to the next season. Ultimately we were unlucky to go down by such a fine margin and I think  we would have been okay in the championship this year. 

• Like 1

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 07:32, JacknOry said:

I would say low risk.

Turn things around there and he is lauded, fails and he has the ready made excuses already in place.

I suspect the latter is favourite ....

Money talks in football maybe he will give his chump a job , bring him back from Brunei ???

17 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

I suspect the latter is favourite ....

Money talks in football maybe he will give his chump a job , bring him back from Brunei ???

Are they mates then? if they are Mr Coleman just went down 100 steps in my estimations.

38 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Are they mates then? if they are Mr Coleman just went down 100 steps in my estimations.

Coleman and Kean were big mates yeah, think Kean worked under Coleman in Spain before he come here, infact it was Coleman to recommended that Big Sam took him on here as a coach!

I think Coleman hsa come out since though and said that he was embarrassed to have recommended him here after all the shady goings on that happened once he was appointed.

41 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Coleman and Kean were big mates yeah, think Kean worked under Coleman in Spain before he come here, infact it was Coleman to recommended that Big Sam took him on here as a coach!

I think Coleman hsa come out since though and said that he was embarrassed to have recommended him here after all the shady goings on that happened once he was appointed.

He worked with him at Fulham too