BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2017/18

On 23/11/2017 at 21:38, Vinjay17 said:

Michael Gray saying Short should spend 15-20 million in January :lol:. Yeah that's gonna happen. I don't think he ever told the Walker family influenced trust to spend during his time here but I guess even he wasn't that unrealistic.

Well he is right tbh. 

Sunderland under Short have been going downhill for years. 

Expect Coleman to go for 3 or 4 players he knows from Wales days

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Megson, decent?

Decent record. 

Organised the team and that what Hull City need is a manager/head coach to organise them properly. 

Adkins the clear favourite tho. 

36 minutes ago, bazza said:

Ask any Bolton fan.  Megson is utterly useless.

Kept them up didnt he? 

Wasnt it Coyle who took them down?

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Downing, Smallwood, Bennett, Dack, Samuel/Graham/Nuttall, Whittingham?

Plus a Scot and an Irishman. Sometimes a Northern Irishman over Whitts, another Scot instead of Bennett.

So usually 8 out of 11 are British and Irish, not particularly extraordinary...

Was going to post the same. English clubs have always had a large contingent of Irish and Scots anyway. The only regular overseas players we have are Raya and Antonnson and we only own one of them.

Just now, Phil T said:

difference in quality of football between the Championship and League One. No room for complacency if we do go up and want to make an impact. At the moment, we've got it as easy as I think I'll ever see Rovers have it.

Very true. Makes you wonder what Mowbray was scared of earlier in the season;) I think we'll do ok in the Championship if we get there, we can hit teams on the break home and away because teams will attack us more.

Just now, Phil T said:

Sorry lads, I was bored, and I don't really know what my point was. ^_^

Wolves look good for the league title, based on last night's match. For a net summer spend of £15m, that's quite a bargain. They clearly brought in the right bunch of Portuguese players. If you're going to do that, then do it properly, eh Rovers? Vinagre's performance left Wednesday in a right pickle.

Rhodes was quiet, but João (another Portuguese) was about the only Wednesday player who caused problems for Wolves when he came on.  He's definitely a talented player.

Watching that match was also a reminder of the difference in quality of football between the Championship and League One. No room for complacency if we do go up and want to make an impact. At the moment, we've got it as easy as I think I'll ever see Rovers have it.

Reading the report in my paper Rhodes was subbed after an hour. Injured or just nor at the races ?