BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2017/18

19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Reading the report in my paper Rhodes was subbed after an hour. Injured or just nor at the races ?

He was being assaulted for most of the game. Wouldn’t be surprised if he picked up a knock. One was a dirty off the ball knee to the thigh so possible dead leg. Fox was sent off for Wednesday but Bennett should have been off earlier for Wolves.

Refereeing standards are getting worse and worse. TV intervention is becoming harder to argue against and the refereeing associations are playing into their hands.

• Backroom

Not surprised Rhodes got a bit of a kicking he had fallen over 12 times before that when anyone went close to him, Rhodes did well to wind Bennett up he just got unlucky that the end result wasn't seen by anyone. 

Should have brought Joao on alongside Rhodes rather than in place of him 

Not sure where to put this but it looks like our Xmas do is in Dublin (judging by the photo of a plane previously, lots of Guiness and those Irish hats) Bennett has posted an Instagram singing the Smallwood song with the entire squad. 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2017 at 13:16, J*B said:

Not sure where to put this but it looks like our Xmas do is in Dublin (judging by the photo of a plane previously, lots of Guiness and those Irish hats) Bennett has posted an Instagram singing the Smallwood song with the entire squad. 

Looked like Temple bar. I met David Dunn there 2 Christmases ago. I was very much the worse for wear, 2nd day rollover job. My friends spotted him first and made out I was some huge fan boy, which is only 3/4s true :D

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 hour ago, OnePhilT said:

'Boro sack Monk. Merry Christmas Garry.

Thought Venkys had strange timing but Gibson (yes he was one of the people instrumental in saving the club and yes he has invested, etc) has made some strange decisions before. Its not sacking Monk especially (and I'm not saying one win should change things) but why not do it earlier in the week? Didn't he do the same with Southgate as well sacking him just hours after a win? 

The Robson/Venables farce years ago as well.

Edited by Vinjay17

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pulis new Boro manager

Strange option chaddy they had the second best defence didn't they in the championship. Allot of flair in Bamford, Traore and Johnson etc. Such a miss suited choice for what they've got at there disposal bar Gestede and Braithwaite who else is Pulis, Friend? 

They're buggered with FFP if they don't go up given  bulk haul haulage profits are wrote Of against boro losses presently.

Edited by Dunnfc

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Strange how his career has gone.

Remember looking on in envy when he was at Brentford. Remember at half time at ewood their players looking professional going through drills whilst ours played kickabout like they where down the park with their mates.

• Backroom

Seems like a typical foreign owner coming in with a trigger happy mentality. Losing to Sunderland at home is pretty disgraceful but Sheffield Utd lost to Bolton at home on the same day which is equally embarrassing if not more so. It happens. Considering Forest only stayed up on GD last season this seems like a harsh sacking.