BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2017/18

• Backroom
On 31/12/2017 at 10:52, islander200 said:

Strange how his career has gone.

Remember looking on in envy when he was at Brentford. Remember at half time at ewood their players looking professional going through drills whilst ours played kickabout like they where down the park with their mates.

Their approach to the game that day was brilliant, thought he was destined to be a success

I actually don't think there's that many consistently good managers around some managers just work really well at some clubs and not others 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Their approach to the game that day was brilliant, thought he was destined to be a success

I actually don't think there's that many consistently good managers around some managers just work really well at some clubs and not others 

Most managers are better as underdogs.....When expectations are not high ! 

This is my worry with Mowbray ! 

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Rowett doing an epic job at Derby. I didn't even notice them sneaking up the table. Birmingham's sacking of him up there with Venkys sacking of big Sam,arguably worse. I would say their fans are fuming. 

It was laughable (and very dodgey) on Birmingham’s part to sack Rowett. 

Seems to me like an agent had some influence bringing Zola in and it backfired spectacularly. 

Sadly, they still managed to stay up at our expense and now we’re slumming it in league one.

14 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

It was laughable (and very dodgey) on Birmingham’s part to sack Rowett. 

Seems to me like an agent had some influence bringing Zola in and it backfired spectacularly. 

Sadly, they still managed to stay up at our expense and now we’re slumming it in league one.

Looks like they will be down here next season. Hopefully not with us 

14 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Sheffield Wednesday played 4-5-1 today with Rhodes as the 1. Then they say coaches know more about football than the ordinary Joe on the terraces. Just been reading the comments on their board. To say the Owls fans are seething is a massive understatement.

Ya,it's baffling how managers have used him since leaving here. Did they ever watch him before signing him??

Just looked at last night's results and the table - didn't know Wolves were so far ahead of everyone else, running away with the division. 

Seems like a right merry go round with managers. Lambert linked with Sheff Weds, Karanka linked to Forest. Imagine Jaap Stam will be under pressure after losing to big club last night

On 04/01/2018 at 04:37, had.e.nuff said:

They are left with no other option. On top of that Wednesday are already missing a raft of players through injury, including Tom Lees, Barry Bannan, Kieran Lee and Fernando Forestieri.

40 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

If fans ask for a refund just because the team is not doing as well as they think they should be then they don't deserve the chance to buy another season ticket.

Unless there is more to it the Chairman is right to call their bluff.

I tend to agree if you buy a ST you commit to a least a season, the Club having budgeted accordingly.

If there is still a large ST refund then I think SW fans will see an increase in matchday prices.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom
5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ben Marshall in talks with Sunderland

I presume this means in talks with Sunderland nightclubs to make sure he's fit in there before he signs.

Wasteman!

16 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Ben Marshall another player reaping what he sowed

He's always had issues in his head. Think that was why Leicester got shut. But I'm reluctant to blame any player for what went on between 2015 and 2016 given the way Rovers were going about their business. He might have fancied a move away but that came after we had sold everyone else of quality and made our 'ambition' quite clear. I also don't believe for one minute that we made him a reasonable offer of a new contract despite claiming we did. Why would we have offered him improved terms whilst selling everyone else?

• Like 1

Awful. Really does make you wonder what goes through the minds of the people designing and approving these things. Probably chucked together by some bloke in an office in London who has never even been to Leeds never mind knows anything about football.

I often wonder about Rovers changing their badge but if this is the sort of stuff on offer then no thanks.

Some clubs have done well with their changes though. Sheffield Wednesdays is smart. This Leeds one is just shocking.

Petition now launched to prevent it being brought in.