BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2017/18

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

Awful. Really does make you wonder what goes through the minds of the people designing and approving these things. Probably chucked together by some bloke in an office in London who has never even been to Leeds never mind knows anything about football.

On the contrary. 

The new Leeds badge was designed after consultation with fans. Leeds fans makes the right arm across the chest gesture at matches.

The furore today has been so great that the Leeds MD has promised to go away and do some more 'consultation' which suggests they realise what a joke it is. Whatever consultation they did I doubt it involved any self respecting supporter. 

These owners think they can just employ a designer to sit on a computer and throw together some fancy designs along with some flanel about what has gone into it. This isn't the US. Club badges are something that evolve over time, incorporate traditions and identities and fans are proud and protective of.

As someone else said, fans eat pies and drink beer at matches, you wouldn't put those on the club badge.

If Rovers ditched the red rose and Arte et Labore and came up with a shield with Rover the Dog in the middle there'd be outrage.

Edited by JHRover

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

On the contrary. 

The new Leeds badge was designed after consultation with fans. Leeds fans makes the right arm across the chest gesture at matches.

I think it said on Sky Jim that ten thousand Leeds fans had been consulted and had opted for it. However, there are currently fifty thousand signatures on a petition to get rid of it as soon as possible. It’s hideous but as a club that I dislike as much as any, I think it suits them fine.

Just now, Claytons Left Boot said:

I think it said on Sky Jim that ten thousand Leeds fans had been consulted and had opted for it. However, there are currently fifty thousand signatures on a petition to get rid of it as soon as possible. It’s hideous but as a club that I dislike as much as any, I think it suits them fine.

I got the info from a Leeds fan who I met today. He thinks the new badge is wonderful !

The protesters seem most upset over the loss of the white Yorkshire rose.

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

On the contrary. 

Here's an image of the 10,000 fans who where consulted.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

On 24/01/2018 at 14:32, JHRover said:

Awful. Really does make you wonder what goes through the minds of the people designing and approving these things. Probably chucked together by some bloke in an office in London who has never even been to Leeds never mind knows anything about football.

I often wonder about Rovers changing their badge but if this is the sort of stuff on offer then no thanks.

Some clubs have done well with their changes though. Sheffield Wednesdays is smart. This Leeds one is just shocking.

Petition now launched to prevent it being brought in.

Reminds me of the scottish football people naming their leagues after the english football leagues but with the word scottish put in front of them. That was a yorshireman who decided that as well...this must be a yorkshire thing

58 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Out of the bottom 3 after beating promotion candidates Bristol City. When will people learn that nothing is certain in football?

I was only joking mate calm down :lol: I watched the game tonight, Bristol City didn't turn up and our former man Andy Cryer seemed to think it was their worst  performance of the season. Looked all over a 0-0 but fair play to Bolton they worked hard and nicked a goal, I still don't think there's anywhere near enough quality in that side to stay up for certain. They've sold their main man and I think that will ultimately cost them in the end. We'll see come May anyway and I'll eat my words if they stay up ;) 

• Like 1

Leeds United have sacked Thomas Christiansen.
"Leeds United can confirm that head coach Thomas Christiansen has left the club. Chairman Andrea Radrizzani and the Board of Directors would like to thank Thomas and his staff for their hard work over the past eight months."

• Backroom

Leeds started off really well but their form started getting patchy in October and it's never really recovered. Losing 4-1 at home to Cardiff comes on the back of a winless January and 2 points from a possible 15. They had a decent December but if their goal is the playoffs then they're well off the pace. Six months seems harsh but that's football these days, especially at clubs like Leeds.

Speaking of Cardiff, what a job Warnock's done there. A shame he wasn't the "outstanding candidate" here...

On 02/02/2018 at 23:24, Butty said:

I was only joking mate calm down :lol: I watched the game tonight, Bristol City didn't turn up and our former man Andy Cryer seemed to think it was their worst  performance of the season. Looked all over a 0-0 but fair play to Bolton they worked hard and nicked a goal, I still don't think there's anywhere near enough quality in that side to stay up for certain. They've sold their main man and I think that will ultimately cost them in the end. We'll see come May anyway and I'll eat my words if they stay up ;) 

Bristol City looked like a team who have over achieved and are now hitting the wall ! 

There are quite a few  poor teams in the Championship , if it hadnt been for Redknapp and Huddersfield shenanigans , we would still be there only just mind !