BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2017/18

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I spoke to Gareth immediately after the Brentford game and he told me he didn't even get an interview when Coil got the job. 

By the sounds of things given the way that appointment unfolded Jose Mourinho could have had an interview and they would still have overlooked him and appointed the man with the right 'connections'. 

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:

The big difference from the fans perspective is that they are in an upwards trajectory whilst we have been in a downward spiral. It will be interesting if the are bottom of the PL this time next year and have a plethora of Portuguese players and officials on massive money how they react.

Meanwhile the EFL will be happy to pass the problem to the PL and vice versa if the go down. And the FA will continue to monitor events at Wolves.

It's an accident waiting to happen.

2 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

Wont be a probe at all. 

it was conversation with the Wolves owners who will say that we asked Mendes for help and suggestions nothing more. 

they just haven't signed Mendes players tho so PL, FA and FL wont do owt. 

Will be interesting to see how they do in Premier League tbh. 

Its a similar situation to Rovers but they all know how to be above the line in these deals. 

2 hours ago, philipl said:

Does look like Sunderland are in free fall. 0-2 at home to Brentford at half time.

Feel for Sunderland fans.

Hope they stay up. 

If they stay up Coleman got a huge job on restructing the player squad in the summer. 

Looking at their team today he has played some of academy/under 23 players

22 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Feel for Sunderland fans.

Hope they stay up. 

If they stay up Coleman got a huge job on restructing the player squad in the summer. 

Looking at their team today he has played some of academy/under 23 players

Swansea fans must be dancing in the Valleys !

Owes his success at Wales to one Gareth Bale !

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The team are doing well though 

I think they suffer more from big club support, than we do ! My mate supports  Liverpool says there thousands in Preston and environs !

At least we still have some of our premiership support and were in it a good few years !

On 2/17/2018 at 10:56, arbitro said:

The big difference from the fans perspective is that they are in an upwards trajectory whilst we have been in a downward spiral. It will be interesting if the are bottom of the PL this time next year and have a plethora of Portuguese players and officials on massive money how they react.

Meanwhile the EFL will be happy to pass the problem to the PL and vice versa if the go down. And the FA will continue to monitor events at Wolves.

It's an accident waiting to happen.

Exactly what I think. Mendes and the Chinese guys only have to lose interest, and then it will go pop. And it also sounds like the set up is like us and Kentaro in 2010, but with more competence. One or two here were envious of Wolves and wished we had this lot running our club on a 3rd party method. The authorities will do nowt as they get the brown envelopes from the same sources and refuse to see any conflict of interest when the rich agents are involved.

• Like 1

The difference is that for any moderately informed football fan of any club looking at Rovers from the outside, Anderson was utterly venal.

Rovers were purely a vehicle for his own interests and advancing either quality of football or the interests of the club were way down his priorities.

Nobody but nobody with the best interests of Blackburn Rovers at heart would have done any one of these let alone all of them:

1) Appointed Kean

2) Myles Anderson

3) The Portuguese lads

4) Formica third party ownership saga

5) Rochina agents' fees

6) Rovers going from bottom to top of fees paid to agents in the PL in one season 

7) destroying the existing successful on and off-field management teams

8) add you own

I guess any new owner (and the authorities for that matter) have quietly decided no more Venky's/Kentaro shenanigans or at least nothing so blatantly aimed at the destruction of a football club.

On the football field, what is happening at Wolves is they are running away with promotion to the Premier League.

Nobody needs to remind us that Anderson's non-management was a complete and utter football and business failure for Rovers.  

Edited by philipl

Its always worth remembering that Anderson was heavily involved with the Shinawatra regime at Man City for the short time it lasted whilst Eriksson was there. They signed a huge amount of foreign players for a lot of money and some people will have done very well indeed out of those deals (they once signed about 8 in the space of a few days).

The difference at City was that many of those players they brought in were actually half decent, and had them on course to challenge for Europe until the wheels started to come off due to the Thai authorities closing in.

For some reason at Rovers the focus was never really on assembling a quality squad that could push on and improve on mid-table finishes, and it appears the aim instead was to dish out favours and deals to friendly parties. That started with the manager - rather than appointing a big name who could work with the influential people like Eriksson (in many ways doing the back scratching routine whilst still delivering results) we ended up with a chancer who was incompetent and wrecked the club through his scheming, along with being lumbered with a squad of dross on huge wages.

Presumably Venkys had a part to play in that as the budget they came into this with was never anywhere near the level of money Shinawatra was throwing around, and I expect Shinawatra was a bit more hands on with his investment than Venkys. Into the void they left crawled all sorts of chancers.

• Like 1

There would have been more attention if Anderson did a job on Man City like he did on us. I do not like agents having so much influence as all they do is take money out of the game, and cause disruption. I would not want Mendes, or Tony Blair's son, or whoever coming in and telling a new owner which players and managers we should sign. Their interests lie elsewhere, they will drain lots of money out the club and turn the club into a personal gravy train.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, philipl said:

The difference is that for any moderately informed football fan of any club looking at Rovers from the outside, Anderson was utterly venal.

Rovers were purely a vehicle for his own interests and advancing either quality of football or the interests of the club were way down his priorities.

Nobody but nobody with the best interests of Blackburn Rovers at heart would have done any one of these let alone all of them:

1) Appointed Kean

2) Myles Anderson

3) The Portuguese lads

4) Formica third party ownership saga

5) Rochina agents' fees

6) Rovers going from bottom to top of fees paid to agents in the PL in one season 

7) destroying the existing successful on and off-field management teams

8) add you own

I guess any new owner (and the authorities for that matter) have quietly decided no more Venky's/Kentaro shenanigans or at least nothing so blatantly aimed at the destruction of a football club.

On the football field, what is happening at Wolves is they are running away with promotion to the Premier League.

Nobody needs to remind us that Anderson's non-management was a complete and utter football and business failure for Rovers.  

Perhaps Mendez is a global super agent and Anderson isn’t because Mendez had the brains to appoint a good manager to make the plan work.

Once a spiv, always a spiv.

8 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Perhaps Mendez is a global super agent and Anderson isn’t because Mendez had the brains to appoint a good manager to make the plan work.

Once a spiv, always a spiv.

Anderson is in a (officially loose) group which together are arguably the most successful global super agency of all.

Structure enables them to morph, go bust, re-align but always be nose in trough.

The attendance last night for Reading v Sheffield United was 6,769. I had to look that up again because I was sure it was a mistake but numerous reports have that as the actual declared attendance.

looking at the photos there must have easily been 1500+ from Sheffield United.

Fair enough the weather was awful but there were still 4000+ on Wimbledon.

I'm amazed Reading would declare that as the attendance. They, like most clubs, usually lie and count every issued ticket rather than bums on seats so I don't know what has gone on there.

20 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The attendance last night for Reading v Sheffield United was 6,769. I had to look that up again because I was sure it was a mistake but numerous reports have that as the actual declared attendance.

I'm amazed Reading would declare that as the attendance. They, like most clubs, usually lie and count every issued ticket rather than bums on seats so I don't know what has gone on there.

It certainly looks like they are the latest club to be saddled with woeful owners reading this thread:- http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=142115

On 28/02/2018 at 15:01, JHRover said:

It's the opposite of Arsenal v Man C league game where the attendance was declared as 58,420 and the capacity is 59,867.  I quote from the BBC report, 

"The match was played in front of tens of thousands of empty seats in north London, surely not all as a result of the snowy weather."

Surely the powers that be (whoever) should require the actual number of people who've attended to be announced.