BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2017/18

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Not before time.

Birmingham's problems started when they sacked Rowett for Zola..

Looking at their squad is a fairly good and shouldbt be in bottom 3. 

Just been official comfirm now Steve and his backroom staff have gone

"Steve’s contract, and those of the backroom staff – First Team Coach Paul Groves, First Team Coach Paul Williams, Goalkeeper Coach Kevin Hitchcock, Director of Football Jeff Vetere, David Álvarez (Head of Sports Science and Medical) and Albert Altarriba-Bartés (First Team Strength and Conditioning Coach) – have been terminated with immediate effect."

big clearout there. Look like a complete different structure being put in. 

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Birmingham's problems started when they sacked Rowett for Zola..

Looking at their squad is a fairly good and shouldbt be in bottom 3. 

Just been official comfirm now Steve and his backroom staff have gone

"Steve’s contract, and those of the backroom staff – First Team Coach Paul Groves, First Team Coach Paul Williams, Goalkeeper Coach Kevin Hitchcock, Director of Football Jeff Vetere, David Álvarez (Head of Sports Science and Medical) and Albert Altarriba-Bartés (First Team Strength and Conditioning Coach) – have been terminated with immediate effect."

big clearout there. Look like a complete different structure being put in. 

Agreed on Rowett, not sure about the squad but probably enough to avoid relegation.

Jota was quality at Brentford, has been rubbish this, Stockdale is a good keeper, any team with Jason Lowe in it will struggle, and Jutkiewicz and Gallagher has to be the worst strike force in the league. That said, theres enough rubbish with Sunderland, Burton and Bolton to avoid relegation if they get anyone half decent. Linked with Monk who has consistently failed recently.

Edited by roversfan99

2 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Who can resurrect Birmingham? 

No one hopefully. Lucky to escape relegation at our expense last season after hiring the tax-dodging shyster Harry Redknapp. Hope they go down and down to League 2 next season. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

It's funny because Birmingham fans were clamouring for Cotterill before he was hired. Then literally a few weeks later they were almost all calling for his head. It was one of the fastest dips in footballing popularity I've seen.

17 hours ago, FGS5635 said:

Birmingham have got what they deserve for sacking rowett for zola. Crazy move by a bunch of idiots

Well Rowett did have an eye on moving elsewhere and refused to sign a new contract. Replacing him with Zola however was an obvious mistake considering Zola's previous failures. Anyway hiring Cotterill made no sense given how they hired Zola for footballing philosophy reasons. I guess they thought that didn't work so they had to take the opposite extremity and bring in someone devoid of personality. Not that Zola has any particular personality beyond being seen as a "nice guy". Redknapp I guess worked for them short term as Rovers know :rolleyes:.

First thing I would do is kick Lowe out the door. Misery magnet.

Edited by Vinjay17

1 hour ago, DE. said:

It's funny because Birmingham fans were clamouring for Cotterill before he was hired. Then literally a few weeks later they were almost all calling for his head. It was one of the fastest dips in footballing popularity I've seen.

Clamouring for Cottreril , that's a bad position to be in! 

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

When times get desperate you start looking down. Look at us 

Yeah but Rovers fans damn sure didn't clamour for Coyle. On average even Redfearn and Slade had less detractors than Coyle and anyone besides Steve Kean could probably be added to that list. There wasn't exactly clamouring for Mowbray either though obviously he wasn't subjected to abuse from day 1.

Edited by Vinjay17

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Yeah but Rovers fans damn sure didn't clamour for Coyle. On average even Redfearn and Slade had less detractors than Coyle and anyone besides Steve Kean could probably be added to that list. There wasn't exactly clamouring for Mowbray either though obviously he wasn't subjected to abuse from day 1.

True actually. Sounds like things are pretty all over the place there 

19 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Who can resurrect Birmingham? They're almost as bad as Sunderland, and have been dire since Rowett was sacked.

Should point out its hard to resurrect a club that's accomplished sod all to begin with. More a question of who can take them from depressingly mundane to slightly more tolerable mundane. So basically lingering in the Championship and repeatedly unspectacular spells in top flight. The latter looking a long way away for them at the moment.

Oh I forgot they won the League Cup (I'm not being churlish after all Rovers win was significant) but what else? Tremendous legacy for a club based in a city that size...and some people still think population is the key measure of a clubs stature. In many cases it is but that's not exclusive and Rovers are testament to that. While I thought somewhat better of Gold after reading his book (free on his website by the way or at least it was at one point) his remarks came across as those of an arrogant buffoon. Savage threw those words back in his face (calling Rovers a bigger club) and he was absolutely right. Anyway that whole issue is a bit outdated now but Birmingham are still a smaller club who Villa wouldn't give a toss about if they didn't share the same city.

Edited by Vinjay17

Birmingham have just appointed Garry Monk. Certainly argument to be made he's better than the standard I thought they might go for. Needs to make sure he does not continue on a downhill path though never really come across to me as an utter disaster anywhere he's been.

Big test of Monk's abilities. At Leeds it took him a while to get going and they were struggling at first, and at Middlesbrough they never really hit their potential under him. Strange circumstances behind his departure from both of those clubs despite leaving them in decent positions.

He's not going to have time at Birmingham and is inheriting a side that doesn't score goals.