BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2017/18

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

I’ll be honest, I don’t think Monk is that good and he’s another one that’s a good talker but not much of a doer.

And in his fledgling managerial career he has already had four clubs. He looks ready made to be another manager who makes a lucrative career out of being a failure.

Edited by arbitro

Well I still think he ranks ahead of Mowbray this time last year. Leeds fans seem to like Monk (strange he felt their owners couldn't live up to his demands yet Birmingham can?) and while he's been sacked since still think "damaged goods" is a little bit of an exaggeration.

Monk will need divine intervention though if his first move isn't kicking misery magnet out the door. Lowe should follow his managers around wearing a black hood and a scythe.

Edited by Vinjay17
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Monk is a funny one. He started off well at Swansea, then it went wrong. Then he got Leeds either to the play offs, or just outside, from a bad position, then it petered out (or was the crazy Italian owner in the mood to sack him?). Finally, he was very average at Boro.

Assuming you mean Cellino and not the Italian who owns them now it was actually 2 days after the takeover! So it sure as hell wasn't because of Cellino!

My comment about Leeds fans from Monk were supposed to be the perspective of a particularly demanding fanbase. As they should be but they certainly have faults too. They wanted Cellino but soon despised him. Question is though what did they expect? The man was evidently a nutcase he had 36 managers in 22 years at Cagilari according to Wikipedia (which as we know can sometimes have a few factual inconsistencies but its probably accurate here or close enough)

Edited by Vinjay17

Wow. Not sure how they do it but Preston’s continued surge up the league is packing them in at Deepdale. Another bumper crowd of 11k witnesses their win against Bristol City. One giddy Nobber was heard to giggle, ‘the stadium was bursting at the seams!’ The rest of the Championship can only look on in envy.

28 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Wow. Not sure how they do it but Preston’s continued surge up the league is packing them in at Deepdale. Another bumper crowd of 11k witnesses their win against Bristol City. One giddy Nobber was heard to giggle, ‘the stadium was bursting at the seams!’ The rest of the Championship can only look on in envy.

Beat me to it CLB, hard to believe we had those idiot knobbers on here last season bragging about their away support being better than ours (whilst their home support was way below ours) Despite Rovers having some of their worst years in their history and they were supposed to be on the up. Bloody embarrassing...

• Like 2

• Backroom
50 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Rhodes started for Sheffield Wed but got subbed.

For Lucas Joao - who scored!

Mahoney an unused sub again for Barnsley, genuinely think a season here would have done him a lot of good 

• Like 2

www.skysports.com/football/news/11699/11279770/wolves-make-23m-loss-in-first-year-under-fosun-international

The EFL Board will discuss on Thursday whether Wolves are breaking the league's strict rules on third-party ownership, Sky Sports News understands, with Championship competitors believing super-agent Jorge Mendes' role at the Midlands club represents a conflict of interest.

Mendes works closely with Fosun International and represents head coach Nuno Espirito Santo, winger Ivan Cavaleiro, midfielder Ruben Neves and forward Diogo Jota.

Wolves, who currently sit six points clear at the top of the Championship, are adamant they have not broken any rules.

EFL board to meet to discuss how to divide up the contents of a brown envelope  if Wolves have broken any rules.

Did anyone do that for us?

Advising a club isn't owning a club. The accusations with Venkys is they were a front for others, etc because of how clueless they were. Fosun International on the other hand are an investment company. There's nothing wrong with any company investing to boost their profile, etc (certainly not something Venkys did for anything good on their part) but that's what Fosun are specifically. 

The other clubs are complaining because Wolves are top. That's the difference whereas Rovers were (and maybe still are) a complete basketcase. I don't think Mendes is doing anything wrong who's top of the League? Yeah he gets financial rewards but bloody hell its not like nobody else in football does. Fosun know what they are doing with Mendes compared to Venkys putting their trust in a spiv from Barnet.

As for anyone complaining about clubs such as Leicester over another matter (FUP) I can't bring myself to call for anyone to be punished over that. I know Rovers had a transfer ban but I'm not cutting off my nose to spite my face over FUP. Its just wrong and those who support it are wrong. Those who disagreed with my remarks on Whelan and liked Meadows post in response can shove them you know where. Some things I'll never "agree to disagree" on and FUP is one of them. The only thing I'm less likely to soften my view on would be the Walkers.

Edited by Vinjay17

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

www.skysports.com/football/news/11699/11279770/wolves-make-23m-loss-in-first-year-under-fosun-international

EFL board to meet to discuss how to divide up the contents of a brown envelope  if Wolves have broken any rules.

Did anyone do that for us?

Operation Brush under the Carpet will be discussed as to how best overlook/ignore this irritating problem until such time as they are no longer expected to do anything about it.

The moment Wolves get promoted to the Premier League it ceases to be a Football League problem and they can stick the file in a drawer for a few years until it comes round again. If they ever find Wolves guilty of anything a quick couple of million fine, paid by their billionaire owners, will send the problem away.

I can understand why they were brought in but already within a few years we've had numerous clubs escaping punishment despite obvious breaches of the rules.

My gripe isn't so much with the rules but with the fact that they couldn't wait to come round and put us under a transfer embargo which Rovers meekly accepted despite obvious attempts to comply and yet bigger rule breakers who buy their way to promotion and spend much more than we did escape unscathed.

QPR are still managing to avoid punishment years after cheating to get promoted. Leicester have recently accepted a fine of a couple of million quid which is nothing short of a joke considering the money they've pocketed from being in the Premier League and splurged on players. Wolves will be similar.

Its ridiculous that the Premier League and Football League operate on such different systems. How clubs can be subject to one lot of rules and one governing body then get promoted/relegated and face a different set is stupidity. It should be one body, setting one list of rules, enforcing those equally between all clubs regardless of what league they are in.

As it is it will be bye bye to Wolves and probably Villa after splurging massive amounts on players and no punishment ever appears.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Operation Brush under the Carpet will be discussed as to how best overlook/ignore this irritating problem until such time as they are no longer expected to do anything about it.

The moment Wolves get promoted to the Premier League it ceases to be a Football League problem and they can stick the file in a drawer for a few years until it comes round again. If they ever find Wolves guilty of anything a quick couple of million fine, paid by their billionaire owners, will send the problem away.

I can understand why they were brought in but already within a few years we've had numerous clubs escaping punishment despite obvious breaches of the rules.

My gripe isn't so much with the rules but with the fact that they couldn't wait to come round and put us under a transfer embargo which Rovers meekly accepted despite obvious attempts to comply and yet bigger rule breakers who buy their way to promotion and spend much more than we did escape unscathed.

QPR are still managing to avoid punishment years after cheating to get promoted. Leicester have recently accepted a fine of a couple of million quid which is nothing short of a joke considering the money they've pocketed from being in the Premier League and splurged on players. Wolves will be similar.

Its ridiculous that the Premier League and Football League operate on such different systems. How clubs can be subject to one lot of rules and one governing body then get promoted/relegated and face a different set is stupidity. It should be one body, setting one list of rules, enforcing those equally between all clubs regardless of what league they are in.

As it is it will be bye bye to Wolves and probably Villa after splurging massive amounts on players and no punishment ever appears.

I  wonder what all their balance sheets show and how the influx of cash has been accounted for?

It'd be worth the exercise to those that know to draw any parallels to our own indebtedness.

I wish every bloody club would break FUP rules.

JH we discussed this on twitter. How can you not have a gripe with these rules? That's what you're saying here that there's nothing wrong in principle not just alleged inconsistency of any punishments, etc.

To use an extreme analogy imagine a lawyer complaining about their defendant being rightly convicted for murder. Reason being because someone else got away (in a virtually identical case) on a court technicality mistake or OJ Simpson style. Like I said "cutting your nose off to spite your face" and where FUP is concerned I refuse to do it.

Edited by Vinjay17

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

I think QPR did get fined, could be wrong but I thought they basically ended up selling a player for like £8mill and then getting something like a £6mill fine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43336700

So now the Football League are going to re-visit the more than suspicious goings on at Wolves after numerous clubs have reported concerns and applied pressure. Goes to show they will only do anything if sufficient 3rd party pressure is applied otherwise they do nothing. 

I expect by the time they 'report back' to the board in 'due course' Wolves will have wrapped up promotion and will no longer be bound by the regulations of this league.

This should have been thoroughly investigated by an independent panel months ago.

'The club has confirmed that the undertakings given at the time remain in place and are being complied with' - irrelevant - it is for the authorities to determine that not just take the clubs word for it and assume all as above board.

This is all because the 'bigger' clubs like Villa and Leeds are kicking up a fuss, the league are being pressured into appearing to do something. Those clubs unhappy that they're potentially going to miss out on promotion. Nothing will come of it but they have to be seen to be taking the issue seriously. If it was a Blackpool or 3rd/4th division club nothing would happen.

• Backroom

Our old friend Jason Steele getting himself sent off today by somehow misjudging the flight of the ball, coming out of his area and then handling it. Amazed we were actually given money for him.

• Like 3