BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2017/18

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Our old friend Jason Steele getting himself sent off today by somehow misjudging the flight of the ball, coming out of his area and then handling it. Amazed we were actually given money for him.

Just seen it. Absolutely horrendous mistake that would be embarrassing in Sunday league.

We wouldn’t even be in the play-off positions if he was still here.

Thank Christ for David Raya and Simon Grayson.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43379530

Football agents/agencies all over the world are rubbing their hands as the Leeds owner openly admits he wants to copy Wolves and get into bed with an agent, in order to bring players to Elland Road.

Other clubs under foreign ownership will follow suit if it all turns out to above board and within the rules.

Football is dying.

49 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43379530

Football agents/agencies all over the world are rubbing their hands as the Leeds owner openly admits he wants to copy Wolves and get into bed with an agent, in order to bring players to Elland Road.

Other clubs under foreign ownership will follow suit if it all turns out to above board and within the rules.

Football is dying.

All because the FA can't or won't get a grip on it. They allowed the beast of the Premier League to take control of English football and will now sit back and allow this to happen. Everything is well with the world because the ££££s keep on flowing in.

Olly McBurnie, the young Swansea centre forward is bagging goals for fun in a struggling Barnsley team. Strong, powerful, good in the air and deceptively quick with an eye for goal, let me be the first to suggest him for a season long loan for us next year should we go up.

• Moderation Lead
12 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Olly McBurnie, the young Swansea centre forward is bagging goals for fun in a struggling Barnsley team. Strong, powerful, good in the air and deceptively quick with an eye for goal, let me be the first to suggest him for a season long loan for us next year should we go up.

I saw him play for Swansea and thought he was one of the worst footballers I’d ever seen. Glad he’s turned it around!

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I saw him play for Swansea and thought he was one of the worst footballers I’d ever seen. Glad he’s turned it around!

I remember that game, he just looked raw. He's not Premiership level and it's doubtful he ever will be but he's definitely Championship quality.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, LDRover said:

I remember that game, he just looked raw. He's not Premiership level and it's doubtful he ever will be but he's definitely Championship quality.

I saw him a couple of times for them tbh and thought the same. Though I don’t think it helped in being thrown in at the deep end for a struggling team!

• Backroom

Bolton 1-0 Villa, Bolton now six points clear of the relegation zone with five clean sheets in their last eight games. I was concerned that we wouldn't have enough quality if we got promoted, but if Bolton can stay up then there's nothing to fear in the Championship.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Rhodes being moved on from Wednesday according to Nixon, could see Bolton going for him finally completing a Nixon wet dream!

Mahoney again an unused sub for Barnsley at weekend as was Lowe at Brum whilst Akpan is starting for Burton.

All three of the above teams in or around the drop zone 

Edited by Tom

7 hours ago, Tom said:

Rhodes being moved on from Wednesday according to Nixon, could see Bolton going for him finally completing a Nixon wet dream!

Mahoney again an unused sub for Barnsley at weekend as was Lowe at Brum whilst Akpan is starting for Burton.

All three of the above teams in or around the drop zone 

Incredible how Mahoney, Akpan, Lowe and Feeney have all been taken a chance on by Championship sides.

That said, based on the gametime and success they are having, it suggests their current managers have seen what we have all seen.

Just now, K-Hod said:

All of them bar Feeney are playing for teams at the bottom end of the table in fairness. I’m not sure how many appearances Feeney has made for Cardiff like...

Not many, solely used as back up there, appearances tend to be 10 minutes at the end.

Akpan, probably the worst of the lot was signed by penniless Burton, amidst the likes of Varney in a squad scrambled together, Lowe not getting a sniff at Birmingham in what was a signing of desperation by Redknapp and Mahoney likewise at Barnsley, very strange loan deal.

None of the 4 players would make our 18 now.

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2018/march/club-statement?utm_source=Direct

Jaap Stam sacked at Reading.

Complete collapse for them following their penalty defeat to Huddersfield in the play-offs last season. If Birmingham and Barnsley pick up then Reading are in deep trouble.

Stam has also been linked to Oxford - the new owner at Oxford was involved at Reading when they appointed Stam - and has been waiting a long time to make an appointment - perhaps waiting for Stam to get sacked.

24 minutes ago, JHRover said:

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2018/march/club-statement?utm_source=Direct

Jaap Stam sacked at Reading.

Complete collapse for them following their penalty defeat to Huddersfield in the play-offs last season. If Birmingham and Barnsley pick up then Reading are in deep trouble.

Stam has also been linked to Oxford - the new owner at Oxford was involved at Reading when they appointed Stam - and has been waiting a long time to make an appointment - perhaps waiting for Stam to get sacked.

Lets see if that will "Stam" the relegation threat. Get it...stem/stam? :unsure: Where's my coat?

Edited by Vinjay17

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Forest’s owner has been charged with importing heroin.

Fit and proper....

Well he hasn't been convicted yet (has he?) though being charged with importing heroin seems pretty damning. Unless there's some rogue element under his employment its probably completely accurate or a complete setup. I think he was accused of match fixing in Greece before buying the club but like I've said people have to be convicted. Has that happened yet or was there any prior attempt to convict which failed? Legal issues have grey areas not just black and white. Belokon has legal issues in his own country so isn't that double standards? I'm referring to those who sympathise with Blackpool fans (as you probably do K-Hod) but those who think different rules have applied to Forest's owner. Maybe so but the problem is he's an existing owner (who hasn't been convicted) whereas Belokon has been convicted (in absentia) in another country but has never owned Blackpool. I don't think these trafficking charges have been filed outside Greece have they?

I'm not saying Belokon's charges are legit as I don't know enough about the case. What I know is he denies them and so does this other guy. Kazakhstan certainly has a reputation for court corruption and Greece probably does as well. They certainly do for owing debt!

Edited by Vinjay17