BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2017/18

38 minutes ago, DE. said:

Indeed. The only thing I will say is that the gulf between the Championship and L1 is MUCH larger than the gap between the Championship and the Premier League. There's a very noticeable drop in quality and money in this league definitely talks. IF Short or a new owner is willing to invest a few million into the squad and jettison the poisonous members of the current dressing room then Sunderland should bounce straight back. It's a big if at the moment though.

Short won’t put anymore money into that club. The money that’s been spent trying to ensure Premier League survival has hit his pocket big time apparently, hence the lack of spending this season. He’s even said he’d let the club go for free, providing it goes to right person. 

Listening to Coleman’s press conference 5’s goal highlights, it sounds like he knows what the issues are. Whether he’ll get time to sort them out is another matter. 

Still can't believe Coleman went to Sunderland, he had everything to lose and nothing to gain for me.

His stock was high managing Wales, now its tainted, stupid move for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

feel for the fans

The current owner isn't interested in club one bit. 

feel for the fans. 

the owner is to blame for the current crisis not Coleman

I would normally have sympathy but NO-ONE, I repeat NO-ONE ever had any sympathy or understanding for us and our plight of being raped and pillaged by cockney spivs and their compadres. So Mackems best of luck.

Hopefully we're rid and

Thankfully, WE ARE BLACKBURN ROVERS and WE are on our way back!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Back to back relegations for Sunderland, that even beats Venky’s for ineptitude...

There was a Sunderland fan moaning on a phone in on Talk Sport last night and one of the points he made was that they sold Pickford and Mannone and brought in the 2 worst keepers he'd ever seen in a Sunderland shirt.

I did laugh. Then I became more reflective of the fact that if we'd shown some balls and fired off Steele in favour of Raya a lot earlier last season we'd probably have stayed up. Yes he would have made a few mistakes but would probably have pulled off enough point winning saves to keep us up given we only went down on goal difference.

Steele never saved anything. Practically every time the opposition had a shot on target it was a goal.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Huge season for Sunderland next season. If the club doesn’t get sold, their current owner seems totally uninterested. 

Not totally sure of the debts they have but I can’t imagine it’s small. 

Its going to be a total rebuild for them in the summer with little funding but like us, probably need to be coming back up at the first attempt.

I do have some sympathy with them just because we’ve been through similar with awful owners resulting in league one football.

£110m debt and rising I heard last night. Very hard to see where they will go from here, the manager hasn’t seemed to give them “the bounce” and they still look like they will be saddled with a few Premier League wages next season (Rodwell £70k p/w as one).

Coleman still hasn’t spoke to the owners since his arrival so that never bodes well for club cohesion as we well know. To top it off Jason Steele is their goalkeeper! 

I just hate football at times like these that those huge earners who have been terrible for them on the pitch will still be creaming in millions of pounds a year still. If the club is lucky to actually offload them they won’t go anywhere until they get paid some cash to marry up their current ridiculous wage to their new one or you have to pay them cash to go away ala Murphy, Etuhu, Best, Orr ... the list goes on grrrr!

8 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I would normally have sympathy but NO-ONE, I repeat NO-ONE ever had any sympathy or understanding for us and our plight of being raped and pillaged by cockney spivs and their compadres. So Mackems best of luck.

Hopefully we're rid and

Thankfully, WE ARE BLACKBURN ROVERS and WE are on our way back!

The problem was that unless they personally investigated then fans of other Clubs had little concept of what was happening at Rovers.

Sky and the red tops were biased against Rovers fans and you had to be reading David Conn or similar to get the real story.

Only due to our problems did I bother to look at what was happening at Club's like Blackpool, Charlton, Portsmouth, Orient and others.

The problems start at least at PL and EFL level both of which are simply working in the interest of their members who are the owners and most certainly not the fans.

Both organisations pander to the greed of the most powerful owners the latest example being the PL wanting to investigate Wolves/Mendes only because big boys in the PL fear top level competition for top 4 spots, nothing to do with the good of the overall game.

Football is corruption gone bad, it's not going to be fixed and best, sadly, to try to be part of the charade and the rewarda it brings.

Sorry the post developed into a rant.

9 hours ago, Gav said:

Still can't believe Coleman went to Sunderland, he had everything to lose and nothing to gain for me.

His stock was high managing Wales, now its tainted, stupid move for me.

It was a most ill thought out decision by Coleman. He could have left Wales and waited for a PL job to come up, which they did.

Now his best bet it to stay there and try for a first season promotion ..... and new owners

He has set his career back a few years at least.

• Moderation Lead
26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rugby supremo Adam Pearson heading consortium trying to buy crisis-hit Sunderland https://t.co/jdTUYOZQuR

Think he might have been involved at Derby or Hull at some point, if I’m not mistaken...

In any case, The Sun do have form for telling porky pies...

18 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Getting tight at the top. I hope Cardiff hold on in there and Fulham win the play-offs. If they swap places, I can't see Cardiff winning the play-offs.  I dislike the other teams in play off contention, particularly Villa. 

Who ya'll tipping? 

I think Fulham will pip Cardiff to 2nd place. I can see Fulham winning their two games comfortably against Sunderland and Birmingham who will be safe by the final day. Cardiff go to Hull next and I can see them dropping points there against a resurgent Hull side.

If Fulham end up 3rd then I still think they will win the play-offs having had that experience last season. If Fulham make 2nd then I fancy Villa to win the play-offs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think Fulham will pip Cardiff to 2nd place. I can see Fulham winning their two games comfortably against Sunderland and Birmingham who will be safe by the final day. Cardiff go to Hull next and I can see them dropping points there against a resurgent Hull side.

If Fulham end up 3rd then I still think they will win the play-offs having had that experience last season. If Fulham make 2nd then I fancy Villa to win the play-offs.

Ya, I think Fulham will get second too. Agree about Villa winning play-offs if that is the case, although you never know, Boro might have a chance. 

I suppose the thing for Cardiff is both teams they play have nothing to play for. The games against Wolves and Villa were severe blows for Cardiff, will be some achievement if they manage to hang on in there.  Fulham will massacre Sunderland, 5-0 job that.

On 8/4/2017 at 13:41, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why Derby?

I would go 

1-Villa

2-Fulham

Play off winners- Preston 

Relegation-Sunderland, Burton, Milwall

It's such a competitive league. Around 10-12 teams probably expecting to be in with a  shout of promotion 

Not quite Mystic Dogg, but not far off. 

I didn't fancy Wolves, very wrong and massively underestimated Milwall. 

Still could get 2 out of 3 from both promotion and relegation 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

I hope they get him. It's what they deserve

They've been linked with some horrendous candidates :lol: Lampard, Slippy G, Campbell, Arry "the bankruptor" Redknapp... apparently they were priced out of talking to Luton's boss, which tells you how much Evans is planning to invest going forward. 

• Moderation Lead
10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ipswich Town to interview Sol Campbell in search for new manager. @JPercyTelegraph
reports https://t.co/Pl0uNmc1lS

I can't wait for this guy to fail miserably so the gigantic chip on his shoulder can be knocked off once and for all.

Biggest whopper that's ever lived this lad.

• Like 1

• Backroom
47 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I can't wait for this guy to fail miserably so the gigantic chip on his shoulder can be knocked off once and for all.

Biggest whopper that's ever lived this lad.

From the article...

“I’ve got my own mind, and I’ll talk about it, but I’m willing to listen. I’m very balanced like that.

“If you don’t want a guy who’s balanced, who wants to win, and can bring people together well... I don’t know. I don’t know what kind of club you want. I don’t know what type of manager you want. Maybe they want puppets?”

That's some attitude from a guy with zero first team management experience.