BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2017/18

10 minutes ago, BiggusMickus said:

It'll give him another "black people aren't getting jobs cause football's racist" to bleat about in the press when he doesn't get the job anyway. Not because football's racist, but because he's obviously crap.

This. He's an arrogant twerp who plays the race card at every opportunity. Failed to be London mayor? London is racist. Not being offered a premier league manager's job? Football is racist. Not being England captain, and getting 200 caps? The fa and fans are racist. I'm surprised if it wasn't him defacing the Steven Lawrence memorial as it takes the attention away from his perceived struggles!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DE. said:

The thread title for this on the Ipswich forum simply reads "Sol Campbell - WTF?" 

Paul Ince mk 2. Campbell will be a disaster with his arrogant and aloof attitude. I saw an Ipswich fan on TV recently who was annoying at people saying 'be careful what you wish for' after McCarthy announced he was leaving. Well they really should be careful what they wish for now.

• Like 2

Just now, arbitro said:

Paul Ince mk 2. Campbell will be a disaster with his arrogant and aloof attitude. I saw an Ipswich fan on TV recently who was annoying at people saying 'be careful what you wish for' after McCarthy announced he was leaving. Well they really should be careful what they wish for now.

If they replace Mick McCarthy with Sol Cambell it will be up there with the most kamikaze moves in football league history

• Backroom
47 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Speaking of Incey, he might as well throw his hat into the ring at this point. Everyone else seems to be.

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

@chaddyrovers Big Mick or Big Ego Sol? 

neither. 

But that's for Ipswich fans to decide not me. A lot of fans wanted a change after 6 years of Mick McCarthy in charge and his tactics. 

Lets see who they appoint. still think it will be Steve McClaren myself

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Lets give Campbell a chance before writing him off. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

neither. 

But that's for Ipswich fans to decide not me. A lot of fans wanted a change after 6 years of Mick McCarthy in charge and his tactics. 

Lets see who they appoint. still think it will be Steve McClaren myself

Lets give Campbell a chance before writing him off. 

I think you should post that on an Ipswich fans website and see their response. 

On 21/04/2018 at 21:21, davulsukur said:

Huge season for Sunderland next season. If the club doesn’t get sold, their current owner seems totally uninterested. 

Not totally sure of the debts they have but I can’t imagine it’s small. 

Its going to be a total rebuild for them in the summer with little funding but like us, probably need to be coming back up at the first attempt.

I do have some sympathy with them just because we’ve been through similar with awful owners resulting in league one football.

Looking on their MB and info from my brother in law I believe they owe short upwards of 160 million. He is trying to give the club away with the proviso he receives 60 million and any new owners take on the remaining debt of over 100 million. Jack Rodwell currently on 70k per week which reduces to a 'mere' 42k per week in League 1. He refuses to play for them! They are arrogant pricks most of their fans. They call us a nothing club! Coming from them jeeze......

Edited by ossyian
Info

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, ossyian said:

Looking on their MB and info from my brother in law I believe they owe short upwards of 160 million. He is trying to give the club away with the proviso he receives 60 million and any new owners take on the remaining debt of over 100 million. Jack Rodwell currently on 70k per week which reduces to a 'mere' 42k per week in League 1. He refuses to play for them! They are arrogant pricks most of their fans. They call us a nothing club! Coming from them jeeze......

I don’t think he refuses to play, it’s just that he wants to leave, but he won’t walk away from his contract, so Coleman won’t pick him. Bit of a dick move on both sides really, but Sunderland didn’t have to sign him up on such an exorbitant contract in the first place, in fairness...

Edited by K-Hod

I watched the Fulham v Sunderland game last night

Sundeland showed good fight and we done over by another Ref playing to the Sky camera's who denied them a bang on penalty.....allowing Fulham to run up the pitch and score.

Jesus Wept the standard of Refs in all divisions is abysmal. I thought VAR could be the answer but its weakness if that Refs are still involved in the decision making process.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ossyian said:

Wow, didn’t know it was that bad.

The only football club with worse finances than ours.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

I don’t think he refuses to play, it’s just that he wants to leave, but he won’t walk away from his contract, so Coleman won’t pick him. Bit of a dick move on both sides really, but Sunderland didn’t have to sign him up on such an exorbitant contract in the first place, in fairness...

Indeed. Sunderland made their bed and now they have to lie in it as far as Rodwell is concerned. I think they offered a settlement on his contract but he turned it down. My guess is that it was way below the full length value of the remaining deal. Even Venky's were able to come to an agreement with most of our wasters on terminating their stupidly long, well paid contracts.

• Backroom

A very interesting last day of the Championship ahead. Just a point between Cardiff & Fulham in 2nd & 3rd respectively. Cardiff have Reading at home and Fulham have Birmingham away. You'd expect them both to pick up wins from those fixtures but BIG club and Reading are both fighting to stay in the division so it won't be easy. 

Meanwhile Preston could pip Derby to 6th if they beat Burton at home and Derby lose to Barnsley at home. Again, two teams fighting to stay in the division so no easy points there.

The relegation battle is between Reading, Birmingham, Barnsley, Burton and Bolton. Last fixtures are:

Cardiff Vs Reading

Massive Club Vs Fulham

Derby Vs Barnsley

Preston Vs Burton

Bolton Vs Forest

Bolton are the only club playing a team with nothing to play for in Forest. They and Burton must win if they want a chance of surviving. Taking GD into account Huge Club and Reading only really need draws. A win will guarantee Barnsley safety, anything less and it depends on what Burton & Bolton do.

A fascinating last day of the season! 

• Like 3