BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2017/18

Makes me grateful that we got our business done with a couple of games to spare. I'd struggle this week if I were a Cardiff or Fulham fan with automatic promotion up for grabs on the final day.

Bolton might just get out of jail next week as Forest have nothing left to play for whilst Burton and Barnsley have tough away games against sides in decent form.

Chris Coleman has left Sunderland

https://t.co/3lUS8n7MU6

and the club has been sold subject to buying lunch for the EFL

https://twitter.com/SunderlandAFC/status/990563001441968129

Lets hope that lot in India give Mowbray what he wants at their meeting, got a sneaky feeling his name could crop up as a prospective new Sunderland manager when they start searching

Edited by perthblue02

21 hours ago, DE. said:

Looking worrying for Bolton at the moment. Fair play to Nigel Clough for getting Burton back in the mix, they looked dead and buried a few weeks ago. Puts Sunderland's capitulation to shame. 

And also Coleman's managerial talent !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, perthblue02 said:

Chris Coleman has left Sunderland

https://t.co/3lUS8n7MU6

and the club has been sold subject to buying lunch for the EFL

https://twitter.com/SunderlandAFC/status/990563001441968129

Lets hope that lot in India give Mowbray what he wants at their meeting, got a sneaky feeling his name could crop up as a prospective new Sunderland manager when they start searching

Just like that eh?

Gone from debts up to the eyeballs  to debt free and under new ownership. 

When will Venkys give us away and clear the debt?

• Like 2

The bloke leading the investors buying Sunderland is the current owner of Eastleigh in the Conference. He's having to sell them to take control of Sunderland. 

This could be a turning point for them and with a new structure in place even limited investment should see them towards the top of League One next season, beyond that they will need a lot more investment to get back to the Premier League so it remains to be seen whether these new owners have the cash or whether they've got the club on the cheap after relegation.

Sunderland will need a manager who knows league one. Latest odds:

• Jaap Stam 3/1
  • Steve McClaren 9/2 :lol:
  • Uwe Rosler 6/1
  • Michael Appleton 8/1 :lol:
  • Mark Warburton 12/1
  • Mick McCarthy 12/1
  • Ally McCoist 14/1 
  • Craig Shakespeare 14/1
  • Hannes Wolf 16/1
  • Roy Keane 16/1 :lol:
  • Kenny Jackett 18/1

30 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Sunderland will need a manager who knows league one. Latest odds:

• Jaap Stam 3/1
  • Steve McClaren 9/2 :lol:
  • Uwe Rosler 6/1
  • Michael Appleton 8/1 :lol:
  • Mark Warburton 12/1
  • Mick McCarthy 12/1
  • Ally McCoist 14/1 
  • Craig Shakespeare 14/1
  • Hannes Wolf 16/1
  • Roy Keane 16/1 :lol:
  • Kenny Jackett 18/1

off that list I would be moving for Kenny Jackett. Knows this league and promotion on his cv from this league. 

it will be very interesting to see what kind of structure the owners put in place, the next manager and transfer budget wise

15 minutes ago, Stuart said:

If Sunderland have any sense they’ll go all out for Paul Hurst.

I read this morning that Hurst will be Ipswich number 1 target this summer to replace McCarthy. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I read this morning that Hurst will be Ipswich number 1 target this summer to replace McCarthy. 

Sunderland are a far bigger club than Ipswich.

Depends on Shrewsbury I guess. If they get promoted he would be better staying. Knows the club and can push on. If they don’t then he’d be better with Sunderland - big club and he knows the league. Parachute payments spent wisely would give them a huge advantage and his personal terms could be very much improved.

Can’t see a huge gain at Ipswich. No money, high expectation and no experience of the Championship. Big gamble without great prospects.

Just now, Stuart said:

Depends on Shrewsbury I guess. If they get promoted he would be better staying. Knows the club and can push on. If they don’t then he’d be better with Sunderland - big club and he knows the league. Parachute payments spent wisely would give them a huge advantage and his personal terms could be very much improved.

Can’t see a huge gain at Ipswich. No money, high expectation and no experience of the Championship. Big gamble without great prospects.

I cant disagree with that Stuart so agree with you on this. 

Just now, Stuart said:

He might see Ipswich as a similar club to Shrewsbury relative to the division. Shrewsbury are locally owned, not a 'big' club for the level they are at and neither has much money compared to rivals, yet he has managed to make a success of those conditions at Shrewsbury and might fancy his chances to do similar at Ipswich. They are a relatively well run club who would give him time and wouldn't mess him around. Sunderland a lot remains to be seen. In theory they might turn it around and should have a big budget but will still be a huge amount of work to do to turn it round this summer.

Cook has no loyalty and has form for ditching clubs once he's achieved success. I suppose his record justifies his actions and he clearly has an immediate impact where he goes, but i wouldn't expect him to hang around at Wigan for too long, especially if money is tight. Kept Stanley up - left to join a league rival, got Chesterfield promoted, left to join a club in the division below, got Portsmouth promoted - left to join a club in the same division, got Wigan promoted - wonder what will come next. 

• Backroom
25 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Cook has no loyalty and has form for ditching clubs once he's achieved success. I suppose his record justifies his actions and he clearly has an immediate impact where he goes, but i wouldn't expect him to hang around at Wigan for too long, especially if money is tight. Kept Stanley up - left to join a league rival, got Chesterfield promoted, left to join a club in the division below, got Portsmouth promoted - left to join a club in the same division, got Wigan promoted - wonder what will come next. 

Suddenly looks impressive actually.

Looking forward to next Sunday, lunch time kick-offs in the Championship.

The battle for survival is immense and all but one of the teams are up against teams battling for automatic promotion or scrabbling to get in the play-offs. 

I hope to see Birmingham relegated but I think that that won't happen.  An exciting Sunday lunchtime.

2 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

READ ALL ABOUT IT, READ ALL ABOUT IT !!!!

BRFCS EXCLUSIVE !!!!

Chaddy and Stuart finally agree on something !!!!  ♥️

(Sorry lads, just couldn’t pass that one up)

Ive agree with Stuart alot recently and always enjoyed his posts even I might agree with them all of the time. 

• Like 1