BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2017/18

On 27/04/2018 at 10:29, BiggusMickus said:

It'll give him another "black people aren't getting jobs cause football's racist" to bleat about in the press when he doesn't get the job anyway. Not because football's racist, but because he's obviously crap.

John Barnes had the nerve to make the same claim (should note above quote refers to Sol Campbell) and this was AFTER his spells at Celtic and Tranmere.

Edited by Vinjay17

30 minutes ago, bazza said:

Looking forward to next Sunday, lunch time kick-offs in the Championship.

The battle for survival is immense and all but one of the teams are up against teams battling for automatic promotion or scrabbling to get in the play-offs. 

I hope to see Birmingham relegated but I think that that won't happen.  An exciting Sunday lunchtime.

With Burton, Barnsley, Reading and Birmingham all up against promotion chasing sides there are some huge fixtures there. I'd love to see Birmingham sink but realistically even if they lose they would still need 2 of Bolton, Barnsley and Burton to win to drop into it. I can see Bolton winning but not the other two.

Shrews fans have accepted all season that Hurst will likely be elsewhere next season due to how he has performed there. He knows League 1, and think he would be the best option for Sunderland. Ipswich too as he knows how to perform well without a budget.

Sunderland being debt free all of a sudden really makes me wish our much wealthier owners took note. Made me feel quite sick reading that knowing our very own situation - I expect their fans will be over the moon though.

They will walk League 1 now.

It comes to something when the debts at Sunderland (less than £100m) are considered to be large but still are much less than BRFC owes to Venkys. Even worse, Sunderland still have a Premier League potential that is a pipedream  here. I don't see how the Venkys involvement is going to end in any way that is less than disastrous.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Has he? 

Well they are rumours Leicester manager Puel will be sack at the end of the season. So is Appleton looking to move. 

No chance of Leicester job.

Understand he's Sunderland's number 1 target.  Lumped on him at 12/1.  Now down to 6/1 but still good value.

36 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Understand he's Sunderland's number 1 target.  Lumped on him at 12/1.  Now down to 6/1 but still good value.

I find it quite a bemusing choice tbh, Appleton, apart from securing promotion from League 2 with Oxford, he has done nothing apart from two very short stints at Blackpool and Rovers and was manager when Portsmouth were relegated from the championship.

Just now, JacknOry said:

I find it quite a bemusing choice tbh, Appleton, apart from securing promotion from League 2 with Oxford, he has done nothing apart from two very short stints at Blackpool and Rovers and was manager when Portsmouth were relegated from the championship.

Wouldn't be my choice but generally seems highly rated throughout the game with both Fergie and Hodgson among his admirers.

Just now, Mercer said:

Wouldn't be my choice but generally seems highly rated throughout the game with both Fergie and Hodgson among his admirers.

Well he would certainly be a fool to turn it down, newly debt-free club with big crowds and presumably a good budget to build a squad to walk that league. We have seen how awful that league is and it just takes a few quality players that can make the difference.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

You've wasted your money, Sunderlands owners have already agreed their new manager.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

You've wasted your money, Sunderlands owners have already agreed their new manager.

Would you like to share that with us then?

I believe my bet is alive and kicking!

• Backroom

Madness at the moment, Barnsley 4-0 down but were safe at half time with burton losing and Bolton drawing.

Then Akpan scores a screamer to draw burton level and take them above Barnsley, then Bolton take the lead to go above both then immediately concede.

Twists and turns left yet but would love for Burton to survive 

Not going to lie I would have laughed heartily had Bolton dropped but fair play to them and it's another big fixture returning.

I hope Steve Waggot and cardboard Mike come up with a plan to charge them 35 notes though can't be doing with loads of them knocking about thinking they are our big rivals.