BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2017/18

I don't like Fulham fans or the 'culture' down there with their neutral end and clappers. Saying that I expect they'll go up. They went close last year and have benefited from keeping hold of all their best players and decent manager despite not getting promoted (what a strange concept) rather than selling all their quality players and not replacing them. Shows that it isn't inevitable that you sell all your assets if you don't go up.

They've had Premier League clubs knocking for Cairney and Sessegnon but have resisted and will probably now reap the rewards of that.

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

Mike Dean just bottled sending off the Villa keeper for handling outside his box. Looked on its way in.

Infuriating decision there is literally no other option than to give the red card, joke.

• Like 1

I’m sure these crap pitch invasions used to be reserved for lower and non-league sides who had either escaped relegation on the last day or just got promoted.

Not ex-PL teams who have done nothing more then reach the play-off final.

Tacky, classless but now seemingly obligatory.

Just now, Tom said:

Infuriating decision there is literally no other option than to give the red card, joke.

He needs demoting that bloke. Full of his own self-importance. Gets to them all eventually.

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I’m sure these crap pitch invasions used to be reserved for lower and non-league sides who had either escaped relegation on the last day or just got promoted.

Not ex-PL teams who have done nothing more then reach the play-off final.

Tacky, classless but now seemingly obligatory.

I have a memory of David may carried on the shoulders of rovers fans at the baseball ground in 1992.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Fancy Villa me.

Bruce/Terry et al experience at this stage or in massive games will be huge.

God I hope not. Dull team, dull manager and the press/Sky need no more encouragement to fawn all over the overhyped Terry. 

Other than Grealish, Fulham are streets ahead of this Villa team. And as a neutral the last thing the Prem needs is another negative, 10-men-behind-the-ball, defend-at-all-costs team

• Like 2

Pitch invasions were a fairly regular occurence until probably the mid 90s, then they rapidly died off, for example there wasn’t even an inkling to do it at Anfield 95 or Deepdale ‘01.

They are back with a vengeance now - Man City fans seem to be on their pitch every week. Social media generation.

I assume Wembley pitch invasions will be next?

Cairney v Grealish in the Championship playoff final will be very interesting.

At one time I thought Grealish would burn out young but he seems to have got his head together so credit to him and Bruce for that.

It is strange how some players actually appear faster when on the ball, and a good dribbler.....

I think Villa will win it by just being too strong and physical for Fulham on the day.

An appalling decision by Dean who is considered a top referee. No wonder there are no English refs at WC 2018 if he is the standard.

He is either useless or a 9 bob note.

3 hours ago, Raya4espania said:

Still don't rate cairney. Too hot and cold for me.

When he was good for us he was very good. On other days you would have hardly known he was playing. I had high hopes for him here. He seems to have come on somewhat at Fulham. I've said before players come in two categories. The ones that get you on top in a game and the ones that dominate the opposition when the first group have got you on top. He belongs in the second group.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Let me add and one of the most in form. He's been consistent since leaving rovers where he was badly mismanaged

I'm sure you've been trotting out such nonsense since he was rightly let go by bowyer. Now he's getting a bit of publicity for his 'good games'(being at a London club does that), you feel your stance is justified.

My opinion remains.

I’m a little surprised that Cairney has kicked on so much. I was always alarmed at just how one footed he was, he may well have improved on that as I don’t watch much football other than Rovers now but I thought he struggled when pressured due to his one footed play.