BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2017/18

11 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Hopefully Stoke know that as soon as a slightly bigger club comes in for Rowett, he’ll be off like a shot. Comes across as a right prick.

Strange one this , his record is average , maybe he is thinking   the sack is imminent at Derby?

• Backroom

Derby are about to slash budgets across the club so it makes sense that he'd want to jump to Stoke, who will likely have far more spending power. Rowett did very well at Birmingham and had a great start to his career at Derby, but they've badly stalled in the last few months. 

I think he was linked to the Stoke job before Lambert got it in January, so it sounds like he's already been on Stoke's radar for a while.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I was asking why? It was very genuine question. 

Can I ask why you think Hurst will go Sunderland instead of Ipswich? 

Tbf Sunderland are a much bigger club with far greater potential than Ipswich. If they have a season like we did in L1 they will be back into the Championship with renewed energy and momentum. Ipswich have been slowly sinking for the past few seasons, have no real transfer or wage budget and a fanbase who blames the manager as opposed to the owner for the poor quality of players on the pitch.

I'd probably choose Sunderland.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I was asking why? It was very genuine question. 

Can I ask why you think Hurst will go Sunderland instead of Ipswich? 

Because Hurst’s stock is high and Sunderland have a lot of money and a huge fan base.

It depends on how ambitious he is. If he turns Sunderland around could go even higher.

• Backroom

Big test for Rowett now. He was never going to get anywhere on Birmingham's budget and there's obviously a lingering mentality issue at Derby which probably requires a fairly large clearout of existing players to fix. On cut budgets that would have been a difficult one to take forward.

Stoke should be going up in the top two next season. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Rowett appointed Stoke manager.

Good appointment. 

Hope he does very well there. Expect them to be top 2 and big rebuilding job there. 

Who next for Derby? If the reports are true that they going to sell players and cutbacks are going to happen. Current bookies Favourite is Brentford head coach Dean Smith

Edited by chaddyrovers

13 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Hopefully Stoke know that as soon as a slightly bigger club comes in for Rowett, he’ll be off like a shot. Comes across as a right prick.

I don't think there's any significant difference between the clubs themselves other than Stoke obviously having financial advantages. Recall Birmingham being criticised for sacking Rowett but he wouldn't commit to them. Of course the issue was that they made a stupid appointment with Zola, briefly hired Redknapp and then appointed the boring Cotterill. From a contendership standpoint Monk at least makes some sense. 

The appointment may well work but it's typical Stoke really. Boring, unimaginative and won't shake up much. Lambert's not as boring as I initially thought he was (before joining this club) but once again he can't seem to stay on any kind of platform. Wolves wanted something different (and Lambert disagreed on policies) and that worked obviously. Would be ironic if Lambert ended up at Derby County now if he's even being considered. Firing Hughes wasn't a mistake by any means because Southampton arguably had a better squad and managers can be freshened up by new scenery. It must be a bit grating for Stoke and Hughes was lucky to get the Southampton role really. Hughes should have been looking at the likes of Derby now for his next role. Of course Stoke would be a bit hypocritical to say Hughes didn't deserve the Southampton job when they surprised people with Lambert's appointment which hasn't paid off.

9 minutes ago, DE. said:

Big test for Rowett now. He was never going to get anywhere on Birmingham's budget and there's obviously a lingering mentality issue at Derby which probably requires a fairly large clearout of existing players to fix. On cut budgets that would have been a difficult one to take forward.

Stoke should be going up in the top two next season. 

You mean issues with getting games postponed like cowards? Rowett was manager though and may have been happy with the postponement. If there's mentality issues sometimes it's the managers fault. Sometimes its the owners fault. Sometimes it's the manager, owners and the general fanbase at fault. 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sky Sports sources: Swansea have made Graham Potter their first choice to take over as manager. The Ostersunds head coach could be appointed by the end of the week. 

Stoke missed a trick there.

• Like 1

• Backroom
28 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

You mean issues with getting games postponed like cowards? Rowett was manager though and may have been happy with the postponement. If there's mentality issues sometimes it's the managers fault. Sometimes its the owners fault. Sometimes it's the manager, owners and the general fanbase at fault. 

They've had, what, two or three seasons now where their campaign has collapsed down the home straight? Something is not right there. It's probably not going to get any better on a lesser budget but who knows? If they bring in a solid manager who knows how to work within a budget and build a strong mentality throughout the squad then they could still get somewhere. Not many of those about these days though.

Don't think "less glamorous" is the right term really especially when there's nothing remotely glamorous about Rowett. At least McCarthy has some personality. "Up and coming" would be more accurate and relevant when arguing in Rowett's favour over McCarthy. 

Edited by Vinjay17
  • Like 1

From Sky Sports Reporter Keith Downie

New Sunderland owner Stewart Donald says he has agreed terms with a new manager – but will not reveal his identity. 
Donald has admitted he has agreed broad terms this morning on a two year contract with a performance-based third year.

I understand Sunderland have agreed terms with St Mirren boss Jack Ross to become their new manager. Ross was Manager of the Year in Scotland this season.

Understand Sunderland have offered Jack Ross FIVE TIMES his salary at St Mirren. They only need to pay around £50,000 compensation to St Mirren. Ross still abroad on holiday.

I’m told Jack Ross was very impressed with how keen Sunderland were to land him. Ipswich have also held talks but Sunderland more keen to get their man.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

From Sky Sports Reporter Keith Downie

New Sunderland owner Stewart Donald says he has agreed terms with a new manager – but will not reveal his identity. 
Donald has admitted he has agreed broad terms this morning on a two year contract with a performance-based third year.

I understand Sunderland have agreed terms with St Mirren boss Jack Ross to become their new manager. Ross was Manager of the Year in Scotland this season.

Understand Sunderland have offered Jack Ross FIVE TIMES his salary at St Mirren. They only need to pay around £50,000 compensation to St Mirren. Ross still abroad on holiday.

I’m told Jack Ross was very impressed with how keen Sunderland were to land him. Ipswich have also held talks but Sunderland more keen to get their man.

Risky IMO. Someone with experience in league 1 would be a better option I reckon. 

Ross is basically going from a safe number, where he did well, to managing the equivalent of the Celtic of League 1 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

42 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Risky IMO. Someone with experience in league 1 would be a better option I reckon. 

Ross is basically going from a safe number, where he did well, to managing the equivalent of the Celtic of League 1 

Well if it's true, at least we hang on to TM, who probably would have been a better option.

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well as others have said it better than the same old managers like Pardew, etc. 

Someone who done well and is young. 

Well as others have said it better than the same old managers like Pardew, etc. 

Someone who done well and is young. 

I wouldn't be touching Pardew either. I said someone with League 1 experience; Wilder, Hurst, Cook, Nigel Clough even. 

Maybe this guy will be good, but he has a huge job on his hands 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I wouldn't be touching Pardew either. I said someone with League 1 experience; Wilder, Hurst, Cook, Nigel Clough even. 

Maybe this guy will be good, but he has a huge job on his hands 

Wilder and Cook have just signed new contracts. 

Hurst could be championship manager be Sunday at 5pm. 

Clough is loyal to Burton. Stuck with them when he could have left for Forest. But didnt

Wilder and Cook have just signed new contracts. 

Hurst could be championship manager be Sunday at 5pm. 

Clough is loyal to Burton. Stuck with them when he could have left for Forest. But didnt

None of those reasons have ever stopped managers moving before 

££££££ talks 

• Like 1

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Didn’t Rowett recently sign a new contract at Derby?

In January during Stoke's initial interest. As we all know by now they aren't worth the paper they're written on (for the club, anyway, usually works out pretty well for the manager).